New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

cammy
Hatchling

United Kingdom
284 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2011 :  14:41:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi has any one got some spare hides they dont need i have looked at pet shop prices and they are to much.thanks

tehbunneh
Hatchling

United Kingdom
390 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2011 :  15:10:01  Show Profile  Visit tehbunneh's Homepage  Send tehbunneh an AOL message  Click to see tehbunneh's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Go to the Poundland near you, they are selling hanging baskets that I just bought and cut a hole in, for a pound, obviously, and it looks like a big ol' teepee X33 Its FANTASTIC!! Looks REALLY nice in Widget's viv, and as soon as I put in, he was straight in there. They have wide round ones, pyramidal ones, though be careful as some have some really nasty cut wires that lead out of a drain-hole. If you get the complete ones, they don't have that sharp wire edge, and are thus safe ^^ I'll get a picture of mine later on if you like! Otherwise, reed bird-boxes from Homebase, again look like a teepee, are only £2.49 and look fantastic! Then there are plastic plant pots that you can transform. You don't need to pay through the nose for expensive caves and hides when you can transform other objects into great hides ^^

EMZ - WORCESTER, UK

3.2.0 Corn Snakes
Conan (CB09 Carolina); Ripley (CB09 Ghost); Widget (CB09 Hypo Pewter); Dexter (CB10 Granite); Boa'tata (CB10 Bloodred)
0.1.0 Taiwanese Beauty
Taiki (CB11)
1.0.0 Mexican Black Kingsnake
Tanis (CB10)
0.0.1 Amazon Tree Boa
Winston (CB??)
Go to Top of Page

cammy
Hatchling

United Kingdom
284 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2011 :  15:12:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tehbunneh

Go to the Poundland near you, they are selling hanging baskets that I just bought and cut a hole in, for a pound, obviously, and it looks like a big ol' teepee X33 Its FANTASTIC!! Looks REALLY nice in Widget's viv, and as soon as I put in, he was straight in there. They have wide round ones, pyramidal ones, though be careful as some have some really nasty cut wires that lead out of a drain-hole. If you get the complete ones, they don't have that sharp wire edge, and are thus safe ^^ I'll get a picture of mine later on if you like! Otherwise, reed bird-boxes from Homebase, again look like a teepee, are only £2.49 and look fantastic! Then there are plastic plant pots that you can transform. You don't need to pay through the nose for expensive caves and hides when you can transform other objects into great hides ^^

ye please can you get a pic for me and i might go to to homebase my poundland store has shut down lol thanks
Go to Top of Page

tehbunneh
Hatchling

United Kingdom
390 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2011 :  15:16:29  Show Profile  Visit tehbunneh's Homepage  Send tehbunneh an AOL message  Click to see tehbunneh's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I BELIEVE they are online ^^ Just search on Google, and I'm sure you can get to it there. Wilkinson is also supposed to be really good for things you can change into hides. Lemme go take a few pics of Ripley's and Widget's vivs. Widget also has a cave, but that was gifted to me by the lovely previous owner of Conan, who also has some funky steps that are from T-Rex I believe. He only sleeps on those. I'll put the photos up in the Photo area in about an hour! I need to get them all out for a run anyway! Gives me a reason to go do it X3

EMZ - WORCESTER, UK

3.2.0 Corn Snakes
Conan (CB09 Carolina); Ripley (CB09 Ghost); Widget (CB09 Hypo Pewter); Dexter (CB10 Granite); Boa'tata (CB10 Bloodred)
0.1.0 Taiwanese Beauty
Taiki (CB11)
Tanis (CB10)
0.0.1 Amazon Tree Boa
Winston (CB??)
Go to Top of Page

cammy
Hatchling

United Kingdom
284 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2011 :  15:17:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I BELIEVE they are online ^^ Just search on Google, and I'm sure you can get to it there. Wilkinson is also supposed to be really good for things you can change into hides. Lemme go take a few pics of Ripley's and Widget's vivs. Widget also has a cave, but that was gifted to me by the lovely previous owner of Conan, who also has some funky steps that are from T-Rex I believe. He only sleeps on those. I'll put the photos up in the Photo area in about an hour! I need to get them all out for a run anyway! Gives me a reason to go do it X3

thanks
Go to Top of Page

cammy
Hatchling

United Kingdom
284 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2011 :  15:26:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
would this be ok

http://www.homebase.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?langId=110&storeId=10151&partNumber=152090&c_4=4|cat_14418930|Baskets+and+Stands|19778441&c_3=3|cat_26026182|Garden+Pots%2C+Planters+and+Decorations|14418930&c_2=2|cat_16849255|Gardening|26026182&c_1=1|category_root|Garden+and+Outdoors|16849255
Go to Top of Page

tehbunneh
Hatchling

United Kingdom
390 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2011 :  18:16:41  Show Profile  Visit tehbunneh's Homepage  Send tehbunneh an AOL message  Click to see tehbunneh's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Possibly? I think those, however are a bit like a rug over a hard reed hanging basket! I'm just uploading the photos I have, but I've found some links here too:

http://www.homebase.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?langId=110&storeId=10151&partNumber=470708&Trail=searchtext%3EBIRD+BOX
This is what is in Ripley's viv - he LOVES it! Sleeps in it, sleep under, scrambles about all over it XDD

http://www.poundland.co.uk/product-range/a-z/pyramid-hanging-basket/
This is what I have for Widget. I took out the chains (REALLY easy to do, they just unclip) and then cut a hole in the side.

http://www.poundland.co.uk/product-range/a-z/circular-hanging-basket/
This is the one I was saying had the drainage hole in the bottom that had REALLY rough wire cuts there.

Hope these help ^^ Uploading photos right now to show off ^^

EMZ - WORCESTER, UK

3.2.0 Corn Snakes
0.1.0 Taiwanese Beauty
Taiki (CB11)
Tanis (CB10)
0.0.1 Amazon Tree Boa
Winston (CB??)
Go to Top of Page

cammy
Hatchling

United Kingdom
284 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2011 :  18:19:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Possibly? I think those, however are a bit like a rug over a hard reed hanging basket! I'm just uploading the photos I have, but I've found some links here too:

http://www.homebase.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?langId=110&storeId=10151&partNumber=470708&Trail=searchtext%3EBIRD+BOX
This is what is in Ripley's viv - he LOVES it! Sleeps in it, sleep under, scrambles about all over it XDD

http://www.poundland.co.uk/product-range/a-z/pyramid-hanging-basket/
This is what I have for Widget. I took out the chains (REALLY easy to do, they just unclip) and then cut a hole in the side.

http://www.poundland.co.uk/product-range/a-z/circular-hanging-basket/
This is the one I was saying had the drainage hole in the bottom that had REALLY rough wire cuts there.

Hope these help ^^ Uploading photos right now to show off ^^

thanks
Go to Top of Page

lrv2307
Yearling

United Kingdom
863 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2011 :  03:05:03  Show Profile  Click to see lrv2307's MSN Messenger address  Send lrv2307 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
or why not go to a DIY store, get some guttering and cut it down lol
i got a corner bit and my two love um

lrv (louise)
Uxbridge, Middlesex
0.1.0 snow - morgana
0.1.0 cali banded king - boudica
0.0.1 crested gecko - galaxy
** wish list**
ghost corn
anery corn
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic