New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Laws
Yearling

United Kingdom
935 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2011 :  12:48:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just wanted to say thanks to u all for ur advice re kyles faun , we got digital thermoms and the temps are running fine now , have kept the lamp rather than getting a mat , but the set up is great now . Thanks for all your advice :) he ate the other nite for the first time with us and we think he is due to shed , pale colours and milky looking eyes . Will put a moss box in later to help him along . How long does it normally take from wen the eyes are blue to actually shedding ? Xx

www.facebook.com/Thehogbox

lrv2307
Yearling

United Kingdom
863 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2011 :  14:05:16  Show Profile  Click to see lrv2307's MSN Messenger address  Send lrv2307 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
your welcome laws, and depends.......my corn can be a week from going blue.....my king just a cpl of days

lrv (louise)
Uxbridge, Middlesex
0.1.0 snow - morgana
0.1.0 cali banded king - boudica
0.0.1 crested gecko - galaxy
** wish list**
ghost corn
anery corn
Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2011 :  17:49:59  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
They do vary but it's generally a week to 10 days.

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2011 :  17:52:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I tend to go by when their eyes clear up again and when their colour looks normal too. Usually my corns shed 2-3 days after that. :)

Glad to hear Kyle's doing well and his faun is sorted.

Edited by - Invalid User on 08/03/2011 17:53:36
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2011 :  19:05:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Brilliant, I'm sure you r pleased you can (almost) sit back now. Good luck with the shed, the first one is a bit nerve wracking but exciting too. Time to get the bean bag in front of the viv ready to spend hours watching and waiting.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

Laws
Yearling

United Kingdom
935 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2011 :  00:04:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i have to say its been a stressful period bein a new snakee owner for sure! mis advized by who we brought him from , good advice from prestwood petzone , got temps sorted , upgrated his tiny tub (given by the bad advice) a refused feed , he then fed , then regurgitated (we didnt handle him for 24 hours after, and then found it after the 48 hours) he seems to be in shed (milky colours , blue-ish eyes which are now clearing) man im hoping it gets easier from here?

www.facebook.com/Thehogbox

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000