Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mnementh
Yearling

United Kingdom
537 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2011 :  16:04:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Okay

This was sold to me on here by another member , quite a confusing snake , he looks like an hypo stripe corn snake . But recently have taken him to be probed by an experienced keeper , thats when I heard he was a ratsnake . I then showed photographs of his belly to another very experienced corn snake breeder of 30 years and got the same conclusion . He should have an all white belly but from almost halfway down to the tip of his tail it is completely orange which is far too much for a corn , a little diffusing here and there maybe but not to the extent he has .

Everyone say's he is gorgeous though :)

Again , no pics due to a broken camera , but there are some very nice pics by his previous owner , please search for " Looking like mojo has to go " he is just bigger now :)

I'm pretty sure Mick had no idea and has been identified has an hypo striped corn on here I believe , but alas not so .

I would like in the region of £55 . Thanks .

I live in Jarrow near newcastle , if anyone wants to pop round and see him , let me know .

Thanks .

One last jump , that's all we have to take Holth .
Wearily the old queen gathered heself to spring ;
Moreta gratefully began her litany .
Black , blacker , blackest -
They went between .

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2011 :  16:52:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A corn snake is a ratsnake. It looks corny enough to me but if you think its a different species do some scale counts.

Edit - Also, I'm sure Mick would appreciate first refusal if you haven't offered it already.

Edited by - matty18714 on 06/03/2011 16:53:25
Go to Top of Page

Mnementh
Yearling

United Kingdom
537 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2011 :  17:31:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know a cornsnake is in the ratsnake family , but personally after what I have been told , would'nt I be cheating people by saying its a hypo stripe corn when from 2 entirely different people I have been told it is'nt a corn but a rat , and missed out on my first post but locality has been thought as Everglades .

I'm sure people in the know , know that when a snake is up for sale as a ratsnake then it is'nt a corn . I know it looks corny but in all honesty I cannot advertise it as such .

They went between .
Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2011 :  18:10:26  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
he's not an everglades, they don't have any head pattern, eye stripe, and don't have a white chin. He looks very much like a normal stripe corn

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

Mnementh
Yearling

United Kingdom
537 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2011 :  19:23:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by eeji

he's not an everglades, they don't have any head pattern, eye stripe, and don't have a white chin. He looks very much like a normal stripe corn

Did'nt know how to get hold of you here and lost your email so I've sent the pics I had to your RFUK pm box . Pics are not the best but you can see whats going on .

Cheers .

They went between .
Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2011 :  23:23:15  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
thanks Dave :) they're 'interesting' to say the least, I really don't know what to make of them! I'm stumped! :D

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

Mnementh
Yearling

United Kingdom
537 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2011 :  10:45:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cheers m8 . Yeah he has all the outward signs of a corn until you turn him over .

I think what I'll do is keep him for now . Cats smashed my camera so hoping to get a new one soon , when I do I will take head / body / belly shots and post em up on a few forums , see what happens :)

They went between .
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000