New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dizzie85
Hatchling

United Kingdom
242 Posts

Posted - 28/02/2011 :  22:30:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi guys! My last post a couple of weeks ago was that Charlie had struck me and we believed maybe he was due to shed..Well he is so blue now even my children notice he is a different colour (2weeks on) just waiting for the shed now (havent attempted to handle him since as he is fretful and dont want to make him worse so waiting for the shed).

But Gollum was showing signs of blue before that,, and still is his eyes are clouded over and have been for a couple of weeks now and though he isnt aggressive he is very defensive and not wanting to be held... I just wonder does it take an adult longer to shed Or should I think about how to help him? I've had him since 5th Janauary this year and there was bits of shed all over the viv but dont know how fresh it was due to conditions he came in but it was most definately pieces of shed here and there. He hasn't shed since I've had him. He for the last 3 weeks has been off his food, he has taken it but only after I've resorted to putting him back in his viv and leaving the mouse in there and eventually he will takeit but shown no interest in it given half hour in his feeding rub with it.
Time to head to pets at home for some assistance to shed or leave be for a little while longer? his eyes have been glazed over for a good 2 weeks now

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 28/02/2011 :  23:57:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No idea just bumping you back to the top.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2011 :  00:08:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
he isnt off his food he just wont eat in the rub, is not an issue.

The shedding again I don't see as a problem a couple of mine do go blue for a 10-14 days so should be fine. As you have found bits of shed in the viv when you got him, I would offer a damp hide in this instance just to make sure there is enough humidity to help him shed.

Go to Top of Page

dizzie85
Hatchling

United Kingdom
242 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2011 :  11:17:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gmac

he isnt off his food he just wont eat in the rub, is not an issue.

Well he did always used to feed in a seperate rub without a problem, despite me keep putting him next to the mouse and even putting the lid on and leaving him alone with for half an hour he just slithers round like its not there exploring. So I put him back in his viv, mouse too and within an hour he will gradually start to take notice of it and take it down.

Thanks for that will go down and see what I can find in the petshop.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000