Feeding Q? Help pls
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

facio
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
42 Posts

Posted - 26/02/2011 :  20:14:03  Show Profile  Click to see facio's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
basically i fed my corn snake a fluff on Thursday and he has a lump in his stomach when you run your finger you can feel hard lumps in his stomach need urgent help pls....

c.barney

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 26/02/2011 :  21:40:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How old/big is the snake. When you say run your fingers down the stomach, how exactly are you doing this, from the sides or applying pressure to the underside, how many of these lumps and what size are they?

Is your snake of breeding age? Has it been with another snake? Reason I ask is its breeding season and eggs can be felt (though I don't reccommend it), is it even female would be a good place to start?

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

facio
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
42 Posts

Posted - 26/02/2011 :  23:15:12  Show Profile  Click to see facio's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
my snake is about 8 months old and i put pressure on lower part of his stomach and you can feel it.

c.barney
Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 26/02/2011 :  23:32:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To be quite honest, you will lumps in the snakes stomach after feeding him, I'm guessing this would be partly digested/ing mouse?

Where are these "lumps" in the snakes body? As either eggs or the mouse could be a suggestion.

Just a general thing though, you should give the snake at least 2 days peace, as handling a snake that's fed recently could cause a regurgitation, which isn't good for anyone.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000