New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kether
Egg

United Kingdom
51 Posts

Posted - 26/02/2011 :  18:41:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i have recently heard that donny dome do a snake show?
when is the next one?
and what goes on?

male bloodred corn-chill
female anerythristic corn-stumps
female reverse okeetee- cherry
stretched white amel/maybe aztec- male taz
adult female californian king snake- orion

FiestaSTLou
Yearling

United Kingdom
556 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2011 :  15:56:04  Show Profile  Visit FiestaSTLou's Homepage  Click to see FiestaSTLou's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
next Donny show is sunday 26th june and there is another 18th sept, its a brilliant show, we went sept last year for the first time, lots of bargains and great breeders :) bit like a huge reptile market haha but even better :) id def recomend going, even if u dont wanna buy anything, just go for the experience and to see all the great snakeys and breeders :)

Go to Top of Page

Lee123
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
34 Posts

Posted - 22/03/2011 :  12:25:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does anyone know what sort of prices corns are at the donny show. First year going this year!! excited!!
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 22/03/2011 :  12:58:53  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
cheap! VERY cheap, especially at the end of the day lol
i've seen carolinas going for £5, baby beardies going for £5, i picked up a fantastic 3ft glass viv secondhand for £18 - perfect for Henry the giant leo
yearling bloodred was i think £35 last June, hatchling black het white-sided rat snake was about £30 i think in September

there's usually lots of corns and royals, John Berry's usually there with an amazing array of boa and ball morphs, lots of other well known breeders there too (though i'd avoid Hiss n Hers' table of non-feeder cornsnakes, they're just trying to pull on heart strings and only got a 50/50 chance of survival and such poor feeders should NEVER be bred from IMO)

TCS/TRP/TKS/TRB/THS etc forum members usually have a meet in the pub at lunchtime to compare bargains, enjoy a pint and have some food

I think there's an IHS regional committee having their annual show at Donny Dome this year, making 3 reptile/herp events there this year

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Edited by - gingerpony on 22/03/2011 13:01:14
Go to Top of Page

Yearling

950 Posts

Posted - 22/03/2011 :  21:04:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hiya,

Is it all sorts of snakes then? I'd be looking for my 2nd snake around the Sept mark and thinking a Boa, would there be Boa breeders there?

Thanks

1.0.0 Carolina Motley Cornsnake - Vin, 0.1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa - Rio, 0.1.0 IJJ Carpet Python - Luna, 0.1.0 Dwarf Sunfire Reticulated Python - Helia, 1.0.0 Royal Python - Jasper, 0.1.0 Spaniel - Jess; RIP Gypsy - a beautiful girl through and through, 0.1.0 Rabbit - Binky, RIP Indy, Jan 2010 - Aug 2011, and Ace, Jan 2009 - Aug 2011
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 23/03/2011 :  07:49:03  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
yes there's usually boas there too, if you're after a hypo or even just a nice common i know a few good breeders that'll be there with lovely stock

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 23/03/2011 :  09:24:21  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I'd love to go this year as I should be free! The only problem is that the train station is not near the dome x.x not sure how taxi's would feel if a snake accidently followed me home XD

I hear that September is good to go to if your after spiders, and phibs while June is more snakes and lizards, is that true?

Wonder if any nice milks will be there xp

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3

Edited by - Sta~ple on 23/03/2011 09:25:14
Go to Top of Page

zandefloss
Hatchling

United Kingdom
245 Posts

Posted - 23/03/2011 :  12:05:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There's quite as good bus service from the train station to the dome - it does directly there and back and is quite regular I seem to remember :)

zan x
Go to Top of Page

Yearling

950 Posts

Posted - 23/03/2011 :  15:08:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gingerpony

yes there's usually boas there too, if you're after a hypo or even just a nice common i know a few good breeders that'll be there with lovely stock

Sounds great to me! What's the actually address of the show? I'm up in Cumbria so probably quite a way away

1.0.0 Carolina Motley Cornsnake - Vin, 0.1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa - Rio, 0.1.0 IJJ Carpet Python - Luna, 0.1.0 Dwarf Sunfire Reticulated Python - Helia, 1.0.0 Royal Python - Jasper, 0.1.0 Spaniel - Jess; RIP Gypsy - a beautiful girl through and through, 0.1.0 Rabbit - Binky, RIP Indy, Jan 2010 - Aug 2011, and Ace, Jan 2009 - Aug 2011
Go to Top of Page

Lixra
Hatchling

United Kingdom
286 Posts

Posted - 23/03/2011 :  18:54:55  Show Profile  Click to see Lixra's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gingerpony

Yup, my husband picked up a lovely Hypo Boa from JNB at September's show, it was our first UK show - I'm American, and moved here a few years ago... I miss Daytona - and we had a blast! We'll definitely being going to the June one, unsure of September as the husband wants to go to Hamm, and apparently the West Midlands Branch show is at the Doncaster Dome as well in November!

Here's all the information you could need on the shows: http://www.international-herpetological-society.org/site/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=52&Itemid=85

Go to Top of Page

Kat
Hatchling

United Kingdom
119 Posts

Posted - 23/03/2011 :  19:18:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aww, won't be able to go First one is still in the middle of kids exams and the other one is on DHs birthday. Don't think he'll accept driving all the way to England for a herp show for his birthday a good deal. He's a snake-tolerater rather than a snake-lover. Animals are all mine

0.0.1 Amel (Omari)
1.1 Leopard Geckos (Tychondrious and Cleopatra)
0.2 Chocolate Labs (Millie and Lucy) 0.1 Weimaraner (Suzi)
1.0 Cat (Thomas)
2.1 Children plus 1.0 squatting nephew
no more Bovines
and 1.0 husband!
Go to Top of Page

Ailsa
Banned

United Kingdom
804 Posts

Posted - 29/03/2011 :  10:26:29  Show Profile  Click to see Ailsa's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Aww, I wish there were reptile shows up here in Scotland, no fair lol

Dakota ~ Bloodred Corn ~ Amber & Chloe ~ Cats
Mind is changing on snakes I want now lol so am researching these to find out what would be best - Milk Snakes and Dwarf Boa possibly - Crawl Cay, Sonoran, Tarahumara or Vera Cruz and poss a Hoggie, African House and Rat snake. Also Trinket Snakes.
Go to Top of Page

Lee123
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
34 Posts

Posted - 29/03/2011 :  12:59:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
sooo excited!! after a nice stripe corn!

il be going from leicestershire if anyone wants a lift?

Go to Top of Page

craig27
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
28 Posts

Posted - 30/03/2011 :  17:25:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This show in doncaster sounds AWSOME, I would really love to go only thing is i would feel a bit sad going on my own as i dont know anyone else who is into it as much as me out of the ppl i know, I never knew anyone did anything like this so it sounds like a bit of a dream really !! its right near my birthday so im gonna have to go. If anyone is planning on going just look out for the guy on his own in a hooded top lol !

csm
Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 30/03/2011 :  18:36:34  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
donny is ok for 'popular' species (corns, royals, a few boas, leo geckos, beardies, etc) so you're spoiled for choice. Last time I went there were a few tables with milksnakes (where I fell in love with hypo hondos!). There are a handful of tables with stuff you don't see very often if you fancy something different :)

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

Yearling

950 Posts

Posted - 30/03/2011 :  19:16:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's quite far from me but I'd love to go! It'd be great to handle a few BRB's if possible and get a feel for the species.

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 30/03/2011 :  20:26:01  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lee123

sooo excited!! after a nice stripe corn!

make sure you visit cornmorphs (Nige's) table then can recommend his stripes

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 30/03/2011 :  20:28:50  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by eeji

There are a handful of tables with stuff you don't see very often if you fancy something different :)

i was VERY tempted by an anery honduran last time, and i saw and fell in love with my first sanzinia a few years ago at Donny.

like eeji says, if you wade through the corns, royals, beardies and leas you can find some very unusual species

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000