New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

razza
Hatchling

United Kingdom
113 Posts

Posted - 24/02/2011 :  20:21:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi all... i im having a few problems with brit feeding,she last feed on the 25 jan taking a large mouse. a week later i tryed to feed again and she didn't want to know so i left her for a another week, i this time she started going into shed(with know problems at all) she didn't eat during shed which i can understand also. i then left it till the following tuesday to try again and she still didn't take a mouse. i am starting to get a little worried now as she still hasn't eaten to date, and she is starting to look a little skinny as you can start to see her spine.

my temps are 19.6 at cool end and 30 at warm end, she has hides at both ends with water changed daily.

any advise would be much appreciated.

1.0.0 50% carolina 25% amel 25% rootbeer
0.0.1 creamsicle ?

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 24/02/2011 :  20:38:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The spine is rarely not visible, I can see/feel the spine on both my snakes even my super fat royal, its body shape that dictates whether its underweight, think toblerone body shape for a skinny snake and a loaf of bread shape for a normal snake.

This time of year is breeding season and lots of snakes are off their food, males especially (is it confirmed she is a she).

Its quite useful to drop down a size until you get them feeding again, firstly they are cheaper and they are more likely to take a quick digesting small meal over a bigger meal. You can also try braining, heating etc so the best advice is don't panic, they know what they are doing even if you don't.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

razza
Hatchling

United Kingdom
113 Posts

Posted - 24/02/2011 :  21:05:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i am unsure on sex at the mo... he/she is definitely a loaf lol, thanks lotabob thats a big weight off my mind. i have tryed to heat up with a hair dryer, but if there is no success i will give braining a go and drop down a size.

1.0.0 50% carolina 25% amel 25% rootbeer
0.0.1 creamsicle ?
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 24/02/2011 :  21:11:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My money is on Brit been a Bret. Lol.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000