Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

halfpint90
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - 24/02/2011 :  14:25:36  Show Profile
Hi all, i used to be on this forum when i first got my candy corn, but i had to re-register as couldn't remember username etc.

Anyway i have for sale a 2008 male candy corn snake, at the moment he is in a RUB box, but i do have a W48", D24", H18" vivarium, which is on a cupboard cabinet, beech effect in colour which is also for sale.
The viv used to have a tortoise in it, so need a little adapting for the snake.

Too much work and not enough hours in the day means that i just don't have enough time to give him the attention he deserves.

Never had any problems with feeding, shedding or handling, definately as tame as they come!

in north herts, SG7 area

Offers

sarahw
Hatchling

United Kingdom
248 Posts

Posted - 24/02/2011 :  14:33:41  Show Profile
hi there
how much are you looking for, for just the snake(i have a viv he can go into)
i wouldnt like to offer a amount as i wouldnt want to offend
thanks
sarah

1.2.0cats:felix, whiskers&gizmo
1.0.0staffie tyson
Go to Top of Page

halfpint90
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - 24/02/2011 :  16:05:33  Show Profile
hi sarah,

i'm looking for about £50 for just the snake or £150 for the snake and viv, and all accessories.
Go to Top of Page

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 24/02/2011 :  19:47:40  Show Profile
can you post some photos please

Go to Top of Page

sarahw
Hatchling

United Kingdom
248 Posts

Posted - 25/02/2011 :  14:23:54  Show Profile
you must have read my mind gmac, i was going to ask that next
the price is ok with me halfpint so if you could get some pics up that would be great
thanks

1.2.0cats:felix, whiskers&gizmo
1.0.0staffie tyson
Go to Top of Page

halfpint90
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - 25/02/2011 :  19:38:45  Show Profile
the pics are a bit dark, as i don't have a flash on my camera and my living room is a bit dark too!

Go to Top of Page

kevchandler
Hatchling

United Kingdom
179 Posts

Posted - 25/02/2011 :  23:25:54  Show Profile
I dont want to offend you..but your corn snake looks under weight...
Whats his current weight ?
what size mice are you feeding him ?

Coral Avalanche
Avalanche

Ready soon :)
Go to Top of Page

catwig
Egg

United Kingdom
63 Posts

Posted - 25/02/2011 :  23:34:29  Show Profile
I thought it looked under weight as well.
Go to Top of Page

halfpint90
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - 26/02/2011 :  02:26:42  Show Profile
I have never weighed him so I have no idea what he weighs. He usually has 2 fluffies, but last week he only wanted 1. This is the first and only corn I've had so I haven't anything to compare him to.
Go to Top of Page

kevchandler
Hatchling

United Kingdom
179 Posts

Posted - 26/02/2011 :  05:47:10  Show Profile
A corn snake of that age should be on regular to large mice 25-30g in weight...........

Coral Avalanche
Avalanche

Ready soon :)
Go to Top of Page

tehbunneh
Hatchling

United Kingdom
390 Posts

Posted - 26/02/2011 :  10:01:22  Show Profile  Visit tehbunneh's Homepage  Send tehbunneh an AOL message  Click to see tehbunneh's MSN Messenger address
With a snake that underweight, you won't be getting much for him, if anything, cos that is gonna cost the new owner a fair bit to put him to rights. You may get something for the viv, but I wouldn't expect anything for the snake. Many people here will offer to take him on, because of his actually quite severe looking lack of weight, but I wouldn't say you'd get anywhere near £50 for him.

I'd take him on, just cos I love this morph, but I don't think I'd be looking to pay for what could potentially be a weak, illness prone snake. As one member here has said 'I'll pay £20 making my animals happy, but won't spent £20 on unhappy animals'. Good luck getting a sale, and no offence meant, but seriously, £50 is a bit steep for a snake that doesn't look to be in great condition.

EMZ - WORCESTER, UK

3.2.0 Corn Snakes
Conan (CB09 Carolina); Ripley (CB09 Ghost); Widget (CB09 Hypo Pewter); Dexter (CB10 Granite); Boa'tata (CB10 Bloodred)
0.1.0 Taiwanese Beauty
Taiki (CB11)
1.0.0 Mexican Black Kingsnake
Tanis (CB10)
0.0.1 Amazon Tree Boa
Winston (CB??)
Go to Top of Page

Doogle
Yearling

United Kingdom
617 Posts

Posted - 26/02/2011 :  14:20:29  Show Profile  Visit Doogle's Homepage
Sorry but i must very much agree! He is very under weight! The base of his tail is so thin and goes into a very sharp point!

Like said above! I dont mean to offend as you probably thought you were doing ok and either took wrong advice on how much to feed it or not looked into it enough which means having a snake is not for you!

Also like above this snake needs to go to a experienced keeper! As needs to put the weight back on him gradually now untill he is fit and healthy! Please dont panic and just feed him all the mice you have in the freezer as to large of a meal will only make him regurge and make him lose more weight!

Please the best thing you can do is give him to someone with experience to give him a chance of recovery!

I really dont have the time myself but there are plenty of genuine people on here to give it a loving home!

If you do need any advice please ask as myself and the people on here will always be willing to help!

Cheers Jamie

Go to Top of Page

mina0103
Hatchling

United Kingdom
118 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2011 :  00:52:26  Show Profile
He is gorgeous. Wat happened to him, was he re-homed?

[/quote]

http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h377/mina0103/SDC10591-1.jpg[/IMG]

0.1.0 dog staffy/lab cross; mina
1.0.0 corn anery; nekko

Debbie
x
Go to Top of Page

CentricMalteser
Banned

United Kingdom
238 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2011 :  01:01:20  Show Profile
compltely underweight n u must have had a long period of time where u been busy to neglect ur pet's needs

give him up for free to someone on here he would give it the attention it deserves!!!
Go to Top of Page

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2011 :  01:21:19  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by CentricMalteser

compltely underweight n u must have had a long period of time where u been busy to neglect ur pet's needs

give him up for free to someone on here he would give it the attention it deserves!!!

To say he has neglected his snake is completely unnecessary as is stating that it normally feeds on two fuzzies a week. There may be other issues regarding the weight such as internal parasites that may be causing the weight issues.

Unless you have specific proof that this snake has been neglected please keep these comments to yourself.

And last time I checked this, it is a classified add.

Edited by - gmac on 04/03/2011 01:33:19
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2011 :  01:36:16  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address
Was just about to post something similar gmac, except for I was going to add the bit about how someone is probably bashing their speed dial number for a certain animal cruelty prevention number as well.
Unless they don't have it on speed dial and have a special red phone instead.

Some parasitic infections that can be gotten through prey items can cause issues such as weight gain, so lets not have anyone make accusations of neglect it's wrong without knowing any facts.

quote:
Originally posted by CentricMalteser

.........give him up for free to someone on here he would give it the attention it deserves!!!

Would you like to question the attention that I give my snakes as well??
It seems as if you are talking from a position with irrefutable proof on how much attention snakes deserve and need.
If you can show me evidence of the EXACT amount they deserve then I will listen, until then I want you to jog on and stop posting what I am now classing as libelous comments in a public forum.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

CentricMalteser
Banned

United Kingdom
238 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2011 :  14:56:31  Show Profile
did i state it was fact? no

it is MY opinion , which isn't what this forum boasts about?!
Go to Top of Page

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2011 :  20:50:44  Show Profile
opinions I have no problem with, claiming people are neglecting animals without any basis of proof I do have problems with

Go to Top of Page

CentricMalteser
Banned

United Kingdom
238 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2011 :  21:22:57  Show Profile
fine I shall start each reply and topic with, "in my opnion" shall I?

how about when many members started having a go at me, when they didnt have gfacts like informing rspca on neighbours etc?!

back on topic

IN MY OPNION ur snakey is compltely underweight n u must have had a long period of time where u been busy to neglect ur pet's needs

IN MY OPNION give him up for free to someone on here he would give it the attention it deserves!!!

quote:
Originally posted by gmac

opinions I have no problem with, claiming people are neglecting animals without any basis of proof I do have problems with

Go to Top of Page

tehbunneh
Hatchling

United Kingdom
390 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2011 :  00:02:16  Show Profile  Visit tehbunneh's Homepage  Send tehbunneh an AOL message  Click to see tehbunneh's MSN Messenger address
You know, that's really not going to help this guy try to rehome his snake and unless you haven't noticed, he's not been back in a while since I and a few others pointed out that he shouldn't really be asking for money for the snake itself in its current condition, and may well have got a new home for his snake on somewhere like preloved or gumtree and won't bother to come here to defend himself. He's probably been scared off because he doesn't want to appear to have potentially misunderstood the needs of his snake and thus be branded as 'negligent'. That seriously is not fair to this owner, and is very disrespectful. He has admitted by posting this ad that he can no longer care for his snake as be deems he should, and doesn't need someone to come in and tell him he's been neglectful and should give his snake to someone who will care for it better then him. You need to chill out, and realise that there is so much information out there that people are going to get confused and follow advice that may not be right all the time. Chill, back off, and try to be a little more understanding, or at least proof-read what you say, because frankly, a lot of the time you sound extremely preachy, and sometimes down right rude.

Sorry to this thread, its original poster, and to the amazing mods here. I probably shouldn't post this, but I feel very sorry for this guy who's already admitted needing help, and I can't stand by and see him call neglectful and unfit to own a snake.

EMZ - WORCESTER, UK

3.2.0 Corn Snakes
Conan (CB09 Carolina); Ripley (CB09 Ghost); Widget (CB09 Hypo Pewter); Dexter (CB10 Granite); Boa'tata (CB10 Bloodred)
0.1.0 Taiwanese Beauty
Taiki (CB11)
1.0.0 Mexican Black Kingsnake
Tanis (CB10)
0.0.1 Amazon Tree Boa
Winston (CB??)
Go to Top of Page

CentricMalteser
Banned

United Kingdom
238 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2011 :  00:06:52  Show Profile
this forum is for opinions, and experience and where possible facts

hence i stated it is my opinion just as it is yours that u think im unfair

quote:
Originally posted by tehbunneh

You know, that's really not going to help this guy try to rehome his snake and unless you haven't noticed, he's not been back in a while since I and a few others pointed out that he shouldn't really be asking for money for the snake itself in its current condition, and may well have got a new home for his snake on somewhere like preloved or gumtree and won't bother to come here to defend himself. He's probably been scared off because he doesn't want to appear to have potentially misunderstood the needs of his snake and thus be branded as 'negligent'. That seriously is not fair to this owner, and is very disrespectful. He has admitted by posting this ad that he can no longer care for his snake as be deems he should, and doesn't need someone to come in and tell him he's been neglectful and should give his snake to someone who will care for it better then him. You need to chill out, and realise that there is so much information out there that people are going to get confused and follow advice that may not be right all the time. Chill, back off, and try to be a little more understanding, or at least proof-read what you say, because frankly, a lot of the time you sound extremely preachy, and sometimes down right rude.

Sorry to this thread, its original poster, and to the amazing mods here. I probably shouldn't post this, but I feel very sorry for this guy who's already admitted needing help, and I can't stand by and see him call neglectful and unfit to own a snake.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000