New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Blairex
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
35 Posts

Posted - 22/02/2011 :  21:47:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My corn is about 7-8 months, got told he needs to be on two pinkies once a week. So I've done this twice now and the first and second time I gave him them he was fine, but this time the bump just doesn't seem to be going anywhere. He was only fed on Sunday but normally by now the lump is alot smaller and harder then this one is.. It feels really squishy and soft.

Is this normal?

x

danny28490
Egg

United Kingdom
53 Posts

Posted - 22/02/2011 :  21:51:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Our corn :-)

Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 22/02/2011 :  22:12:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It depends on the following:

How big is the snake

Are your hot end temps correct (is its too cold they cant digest quickly, if its too hot they avoid the hot bit and then get cold and cant digest quickly).

Though to be honest it takes 48 hours to digest the meal, thats why we leave them alone 48 hours, don't EVER squeeze the lump, you could cause a regurge or in extreme circumstances burst the stomach.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky

Edited by - lotabob on 22/02/2011 22:14:22
Go to Top of Page

Blairex
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
35 Posts

Posted - 22/02/2011 :  22:45:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I didn't squeeze it, just when I took him out to clean the viv coz he'd poo'd before I could feel it on my hand and this time it didn't feel the same.

And his hot end is 30c

Go to Top of Page

Blairex
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
35 Posts

Posted - 22/02/2011 :  22:46:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And he's about a foot long

Go to Top of Page

danny28490
Egg

United Kingdom
53 Posts

Posted - 22/02/2011 :  22:50:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
His temp's are perfect and normally his lump is gone and is moving around and active by now, since his feed he's been under his paper towel and hasn't moved alot.

just abit worried as this week his lump seemed alot bigger then other weeks i've fed him and his pinkies were the same size as normal also.

Go to Top of Page

mikerichards
don't say the 'M' word!

United Kingdom
2901 Posts

Posted - 22/02/2011 :  23:15:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
double feeding does depend a lot on size more than age. at the age yours is, the snake could be big or it could be small, i have a ghost and an anery that are the same age, the ghost is on small mice, and the anery is still on pinkies, so its down to the individual really. you can always try and see how it goes.

Go to Top of Page

danny28490
Egg

United Kingdom
53 Posts

Posted - 22/02/2011 :  23:17:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
will probably more to large pinkies/fuzzies and see if thats better then 2 pinkies

Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 22/02/2011 :  23:21:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
30 is the pretty much the max temperature for corns, does he use the hot end or stay mainly in the cold end. I find 27-28 is the best hot end temp for Spot any hotter he never goes near, any colder he never leaves the hot end.

I wasn't suggesting you squeezed the snake its just any pressure at all including handling within 48 hours of a feed (if the lump is large it may require another 24 hours) is a bad idea and may cause a regurge which is no fun at all.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

danny28490
Egg

United Kingdom
53 Posts

Posted - 23/02/2011 :  13:31:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
his temps are fine with the stat it goes off on bang on 30 and then comes back on at 26.5, thats using a ministat100 and mircoclimate heatmat. he mainly stays in the hot end and dont move alot from there, only at night he'll move to the cool end and drink.

Go to Top of Page

jetsfan
Snake Mite

11 Posts

Posted - 23/02/2011 :  14:16:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had the same problem when angus was younger I changed from two pinkies to a fuzzy and that seemed to agree with him more.

Striped corn "Angus" 1.0
Go to Top of Page

danny28490
Egg

United Kingdom
53 Posts

Posted - 25/02/2011 :  18:17:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We'll try that then.. Thanks =)

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly