New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ben11
Egg

United Kingdom
52 Posts

Posted - 21/02/2011 :  10:34:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey guys i got some mice delivered on Friday and i left them in my office fridge over the weekend.. oops.. will they still be ok? Cheers.

tehbunneh
Hatchling

United Kingdom
390 Posts

Posted - 21/02/2011 :  11:30:40  Show Profile  Visit tehbunneh's Homepage  Send tehbunneh an AOL message  Click to see tehbunneh's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Um... possibly not o.o'' Depending on how many you have in there, they will no longer be frozen, and you really shouldn't refreeze. Some may be ok, but if you have a lot, you will probably find they will start to rot before you can given them to your snakes. I'd keep a few aside in the fridge at home, and bin the rest x.x That's such a bummer though! I hope no one at the office is too freaked out by that!! Potential lunch thieves beware, eh? LOL!

EMZ - WORCESTER, UK

3.2.0 Corn Snakes
Conan (CB09 Carolina); Ripley (CB09 Ghost); Widget (CB09 Hypo Pewter); Dexter (CB10 Granite); Boa'tata (CB10 Bloodred)
0.1.0 Taiwanese Beauty
Taiki (CB11)
1.0.0 Mexican Black Kingsnake
Tanis (CB10)
0.0.1 Amazon Tree Boa
Winston (CB??)
Go to Top of Page

ben11
Egg

United Kingdom
52 Posts

Posted - 21/02/2011 :  11:55:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
tbh they are never frozen by the time they arrive.. they are still sealed in the polystyrene in the fridge so i doubt they are rotting.. hmmm...
Go to Top of Page

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 21/02/2011 :  16:50:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would probably bin them, though I know its a pain if there are a lot.

Go to Top of Page

mikerichards
don't say the 'M' word!

United Kingdom
2901 Posts

Posted - 21/02/2011 :  16:53:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As soon as the dearest they start to rot, if I was you I would be very cautious where you open the box. I certainly wouldn't feed them to a snake.

Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 21/02/2011 :  18:33:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They may look fine on the outside but they have not been gutted, the guts are all still in there, including anything they have eaten they rot from the inside. I'd write the whole lot off as a bad job and start again.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky

Edited by - lotabob on 21/02/2011 18:33:54
Go to Top of Page

ben11
Egg

United Kingdom
52 Posts

Posted - 22/02/2011 :  14:47:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ahh no way i am well skint. When i got them home the ice packs were still frozen.. the mice were hard (could still be frozen inside)?? i really dont want to waste them if i dont have too. Thanks
Go to Top of Page

CentricMalteser
Banned

United Kingdom
238 Posts

Posted - 22/02/2011 :  17:52:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
you said that they were in the fridge overnight, so the mice wont be frozen and will rot from inside out, because of the guts

and its not wasting them, you have to think how much your snake means to your versus a fiver for 10 pinkies,

so if you think you snake is only worth a fiver then use the probably rotten ones,

if u think he is worth more then get some new ones

quote:
Originally posted by ben11

ahh no way i am well skint. When i got them home the ice packs were still frozen.. the mice were hard (could still be frozen inside)?? i really dont want to waste them if i dont have too. Thanks

Go to Top of Page

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 22/02/2011 :  17:58:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CentricMalteser

you said that they were in the fridge overnight, so the mice wont be frozen and will rot from inside out, because of the guts

and its not wasting them, you have to think how much your snake means to your versus a fiver for 10 pinkies,

so if you think you snake is only worth a fiver then use the probably rotten ones,

quote:

I think you will find it's probably more than a fivers worth of pinkies! Most online orders cost £10 just for delivery.

Ben, were they in the fridge or in one of those freezer sections in the top of the fridge? If it was just a fridge I wouldn't risk it.
Go to Top of Page

CentricMalteser
Banned

United Kingdom
238 Posts

Posted - 22/02/2011 :  18:09:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You missed my point

my point being is that if you dont care or cant invest properly to look after your snake, then give it to someone who will otherwise ul end up killing it,

where as if you feel your snake means the world to you and ur best friend so to speak thewn you should spend money on new pinkies

quote:
Originally posted by Louise32

quote:
Originally posted by CentricMalteser

quote:

I think you will find it's probably more than a fivers worth of pinkies! Most online orders cost £10 just for delivery.

Ben, were they in the fridge or in one of those freezer sections in the top of the fridge? If it was just a fridge I wouldn't risk it.

Go to Top of Page

tehbunneh
Hatchling

United Kingdom
390 Posts

Posted - 22/02/2011 :  18:17:33  Show Profile  Visit tehbunneh's Homepage  Send tehbunneh an AOL message  Click to see tehbunneh's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I have to say, I can get 50 pinkies for a £10 at my local rep shop ^^''

EMZ - WORCESTER, UK

3.2.0 Corn Snakes
Conan (CB09 Carolina); Ripley (CB09 Ghost); Widget (CB09 Hypo Pewter); Dexter (CB10 Granite); Boa'tata (CB10 Bloodred)
0.1.0 Taiwanese Beauty
Taiki (CB11)
1.0.0 Mexican Black Kingsnake
Tanis (CB10)
0.0.1 Amazon Tree Boa
Winston (CB??)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page