New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Spreebok
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1135 Posts

Posted - 17/02/2011 :  10:46:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have my wee little Lister in my hand right now, and after exploring for a bit he's settled with most of his body capped in my hand, twizzled around my fingers, and has just settled there, having the odd sniff about with his head resting up my forearm. He seems really relaxed, so should I take it as such, he's been sat there quite happily for about 15 mins!
If not, what behavior should I look out for in regards to an annoyed, upset snake?
Lister seems to enjoy being handled, even during shedding I'm told. He shed literally the night before I got him, but being a snow its not so obvious, and he fed and enjoyed handling from his previous owner and suddenly, boom! he shed xD
Anyway, I'll stop rambling about Listy-Boy now ahaha xD

a33272
our battery charger

United Kingdom
3063 Posts

Posted - 17/02/2011 :  11:00:38  Show Profile  Visit a33272's Homepage  Send a33272 an AOL message  Click to see a33272's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i happy snake wll just be very placid slowly crawling around exploring or like you just said curl up an settle, i had my corn out monday before feeding an she just wrapped around my arm an sat there basking in the warmth from the wood fire.

a unhappy snake will be very skitty movign around alot an fast trying to get away. now what ya need to do here is not give in an put them away as they will see that as a win an will then start to do it more when u handle them to get u to put them down

0.1.0 creamsicle corn-Marmalade
1.0.0 jungle carpet python-Bumble
1.0.0 corn Casper

Go to Top of Page

Spreebok
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1135 Posts

Posted - 17/02/2011 :  11:22:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ah wonderful, I'm glad to know he's pretty happy! :)
As for the not giving in thing, hehe, I'm all good on that front! I have plenty of scars from my sisters old rabbit, who would kick and scratch like crazy to get away. Several months and a lot of germaline later, he was damn tame xD But yes, Lister has been very placid so far, which is a good sign! :)
Thanks for the help A33272!
Go to Top of Page

a33272
our battery charger

United Kingdom
3063 Posts

Posted - 17/02/2011 :  11:25:32  Show Profile  Visit a33272's Homepage  Send a33272 an AOL message  Click to see a33272's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
its the only way to tame animals unfourtuantly isnt it lol

0.1.0 creamsicle corn-Marmalade
1.0.0 jungle carpet python-Bumble
1.0.0 corn Casper

Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 17/02/2011 :  11:34:10  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Sounds like he's quite happy to me. Young snakes can be very quick and a bit skittish but even they will settle down after a while if you are persistant and they realise you're not a threat.

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

Spreebok
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1135 Posts

Posted - 17/02/2011 :  12:55:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
its the only way to tame animals unfourtuantly isnt it lol

Mercifully, a snake doesn't have big, strong feet and claws xD

quote:
Sounds like he's quite happy to me. Young snakes can be very quick and a bit skittish but even they will settle down after a while if you are persistant and they realise you're not a threat. :)

I'm glad he's happy, his previous owner handled him very well, so I've monstly got her to thank x3
Go to Top of Page

lucyloop
Hatchling

United Kingdom
265 Posts

Posted - 17/02/2011 :  20:59:57  Show Profile  Visit lucyloop's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Tiko always makes a "run" for it initially but then calms down after a bit. Your snakes name made me smile - I work for a company called Listers :)
Go to Top of Page

thistle
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1757 Posts

Posted - 17/02/2011 :  23:11:50  Show Profile  Visit thistle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It sounds like youve got a lovely laid back corn there who is used to being handled.

2.0.0 Dogs (westie Angus, shih tzu Archie)
0.5.0 African Pygmy Hedgehogs (Harriet, Amelia, Matilda, Jemima, Maisie) RIP Hector
0.4.0 Guinea Pigs (Isobel, Effy, Mrs Mack & Sheila)
1.0.0 Lutino C0ckatiel (Sammy)
3.0.0 Corn Snakes - CB10 Amel (Barnaby), CB11 Anery Lavender (Bailey), CB10 Caramel Motley (Bradley)
0.1.0 CB11 Western Hognose Snake (Maggie)
Go to Top of Page

Mort13
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5599 Posts

Posted - 18/02/2011 :  10:18:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bless,it sounds like he's as chilled as his namesake.

3.1.0 Corn snakes, 1.0.0 T-Albino Cape House Snake, 0.1.0 Western Hognose,
1.0.0 MBK, 0.1.0 Childrens Python, 1.0.0 Nicaraguan Dwarf Boas
0.0.1 Occelated Skink, 1.0.0 Leopard Gecko, 1.0.3 Tarantulas, 0.0.2 Damon diadema
1.0.0 C0ckatiel,

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000