New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

noola
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
37 Posts

Posted - 16/02/2011 :  14:15:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi i have allways loved pythons,and a few of you have said how brill they are but a few of you say king snakes are better. I have heard a few bad things about kings and would love your opinions on them thanx.

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 16/02/2011 :  15:12:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a young king snake and I was also a bit worried about their bad rep but my Marv is a sweety :)

He has not struck at me or bit me or hissed etc. He is happy to be held and easy to pick up exactly like my corns.

Kings are more agressive feeders and I love watching Marv feed. He has a really fast strike and constricts brillianty. They have a bad reputation but I think they just have more attitude than corns!
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 16/02/2011 :  16:49:17  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I have to say, when I was thinking about a king I was very worried about their reputation. I did want a baby as I figured that way anything bad they may do that I'm not used to wouldn't be so major compared to an adult and they would grow out of it. Couldn't find any babies so got an adult and I have to say, the reputation does seem uncalled for! He's just such a softie, the only thing he does is trash the viv and when I first brought him home, he got scared of his food and hissed at it. He is also very nosey, when I open my corns viv doors they may poke their head out and that's it, my King just slithers out onto me without fail lol. Although that said some people here do have kings with the kind of typical attitude.

It also depends which python you want :p

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

crazy JJ
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2326 Posts

Posted - 17/02/2011 :  01:25:40  Show Profile  Click to see crazy JJ's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
simples king :D there just better in everything and anything and prettier

2.5 corns 2.0 cali kings 1.0 tange hondo milk 1.0 apricot pueblan milk 1.0 royal (overgrown slug) 0.1 tarantula 1.0 chinchilla chico, 0.1 goldfish tigger 0.0.4 minows 0.2 cats fudge and porsha and 0.3.2 tarantula’s that are my mummys
r.i.p to the lil ones that i and mummy have lost recently
Go to Top of Page

lrv2307
Yearling

United Kingdom
863 Posts

Posted - 17/02/2011 :  08:22:07  Show Profile  Click to see lrv2307's MSN Messenger address  Send lrv2307 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
go for king every time lol
my king can be feisty, but she is still a baby lol, but soon as i have her out, she chills out and is wonderful to handle

lrv (louise)
Uxbridge, Middlesex
0.1.0 snow - morgana
0.1.0 cali banded king - boudica
0.0.1 crested gecko - galaxy
** wish list**
ghost corn
anery corn
Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 18/02/2011 :  19:55:38  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
depends which python, but if you mean a royal then get a king! :D

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000