Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Katie.Dublin
Sub Adult

Ireland
1560 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2011 :  08:01:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ah no worries, nothing important anyways. I'll get you on facebook later. Unless I got added by a completely different Mike :p

0.1 normal (Miami) - Hugo
0.1 hypo Motley - Spunky
0.1 MBK - Tequila. RIP
Horses, bearded dragons, a red tailed boa constrictor, a tortoise, a cat and a dog
Go to Top of Page

cammy
Hatchling

United Kingdom
284 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2011 :  08:25:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks for everybodys help.
im new to this as you know, and all the comments are always welcome
Go to Top of Page

Benji54
Hatchling

United Kingdom
449 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2011 :  16:27:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
in fairness Mike i think i also pointed out that it was best left to more experienced people and that slight complications can cause big problems. admittedly i didnt go into detail, not because i dont care but 'cause i dont know enough about to give the kind of advice you did. we are all trying to help and NO ONE said to keep the eggs or that cammy was ready to breed em, i just tried to be a tad...softer (?) as cammy is new to here and snake keeping and i dint wanna tear his head off :)

1.1.0 corns "wotsit" and "biscuit"
1.0.0 Royal "ophion"
0.1.0 Coastal Carpet Python "Serendipity"
1.0.0 Mexican Black Kingsnake "Obsidian"
0.1.0 Bunny Rabbit (?) "truffle"

R.I.P "Prisma Pequeno"
Go to Top of Page

cammy
Hatchling

United Kingdom
284 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2011 :  16:55:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Benji54

in fairness Mike i think i also pointed out that it was best left to more experienced people and that slight complications can cause big problems. admittedly i didnt go into detail, not because i dont care but 'cause i dont know enough about to give the kind of advice you did. we are all trying to help and NO ONE said to keep the eggs or that cammy was ready to breed em, i just tried to be a tad...softer (?) as cammy is new to here and snake keeping and i dint wanna tear his head off :)

thanks very much
Go to Top of Page

mikerichards
don't say the 'M' word!

United Kingdom
2901 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2011 :  18:26:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I didnt rip anyones head off, completely the opposite. Its no good telling someone not to do something if you dont know why they shouldnt do it!!

Go to Top of Page

Benji54
Hatchling

United Kingdom
449 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2011 :  12:07:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mikerichards

I didnt rip anyones head off, completely the opposite. Its no good telling someone not to do something if you dont know why they shouldnt do it!!

for a start, i couldnt disagree more. you dont have to know WHY something is bad, wrong or ill advised to know that it is.

secondly, in this instance, i do know why i advised against it, because breeding can present problems that people new to snake keeping would not be prepared for. i dont know exactly what these problems are, so i practice what i preach and dont breed snakes!

your advice is nearly always 100% accurate and generally good, but you might find that if you presented it in a friendlier fashion, like louise for example, people would be much more willing to take it on board as opposed to disregarding it as just being a telling off. there is no need to talk to anyone , least of all me, the way that you do sometimes. its just aggressive mate, we all respect your opinions, they dont need to be driven home quite so hard.

1.0.0 Royal "ophion"

R.I.P "Prisma Pequeno"
Go to Top of Page

mikerichards
don't say the 'M' word!

United Kingdom
2901 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2011 :  14:10:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

for a start, i couldnt disagree more. you dont have to know WHY something is bad, wrong or ill advised to know that it is.

secondly, in this instance, i do know why i advised against it, because breeding can present problems that people new to snake keeping would not be prepared for. i dont know exactly what these problems are, so i practice what i preach and dont breed snakes!

your advice is nearly always 100% accurate and generally good, but you might find that if you presented it in a friendlier fashion, like louise for example, people would be much more willing to take it on board as opposed to disregarding it as just being a telling off. there is no need to talk to anyone , least of all me, the way that you do sometimes. its just aggressive mate, we all respect your opinions, they dont need to be driven home quite so hard.

To be honest, if you think i was being rude, then you are mistaken.
By post was blunt, not rude, and sometimes its the only way to make people listen, and understand.
When i first signed up here, i whinged at someone for being blunt with someone, now i completely understand, and when you have answered the same questions day in day out, knowing full well that there are plenty of posts on the subject, you will find it tedious too, especially when you wrote half of them.

I didnt say anything to you that was rude, if you took it that way then i am sorry, because it wasnt meant to be.

Go to Top of Page

cammy
Hatchling

United Kingdom
284 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2011 :  14:58:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

To be honest, if you think i was being rude, then you are mistaken.
By post was blunt, not rude, and sometimes its the only way to make people listen, and understand.
When i first signed up here, i whinged at someone for being blunt with someone, now i completely understand, and when you have answered the same questions day in day out, knowing full well that there are plenty of posts on the subject, you will find it tedious too, especially when you wrote half of them.

I didnt say anything to you that was rude, if you took it that way then i am sorry, because it wasnt meant to be.

hey wot are u 2 fighting about there is no need
Go to Top of Page

Benji54
Hatchling

United Kingdom
449 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2011 :  15:19:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
your quite right cammy. mike, sorry if i got the wrong end of the stick but im sure you can see my point of view. lets just forget about it, the point is, one way or another, cammy got the advice he needed. SORTED. :)

1.0.0 Royal "ophion"

R.I.P "Prisma Pequeno"
Go to Top of Page

cammy
Hatchling

United Kingdom
284 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2011 :  16:25:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

your quite right cammy. mike, sorry if i got the wrong end of the stick but im sure you can see my point of view. lets just forget about it, the point is, one way or another, cammy got the advice he needed. SORTED. :)

yes i did so just drop it ok thanks for the help and i was only asking what if they do breed eggs and what should i do i didnt want to keep them lolz any way thanks
Go to Top of Page

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2011 :  17:11:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So im guessing you have split them up now then?
Go to Top of Page

cammy
Hatchling

United Kingdom
284 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2011 :  18:34:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Louise32

So im guessing you have split them up now then?

ye i have i did it last night
Go to Top of Page

Red123
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2030 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2011 :  18:55:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I take my hat off to you cammy, you come across as being very mature. Well done.

Corn Snake
, 1.0.0 Amel (Stan),

Royal Pythons
1.0.0 Normal (Nigel)

1.0.0 Albino (Tony)
Boa Constrictor Imperator
0.1.0 (Agatha)
Western Hognose
0.1.0 Normal (Stevie)

0.0.1 Schneider Skink (George)
1.0.0 Extreme Blonde Harlequin Crested Gecko (Bert)
4 GALS.

Tarantulas
Red Rump (B. Vagans) Jo.
Chaco Golden Knee (G. pulchripes) Charlie, Greenbottle Blue (C. cyaneopubescens) Gus, Honduran Curly Hair ( B. albopilosum) Titch, Mexican Fire Leg (B. boehmei), Salmon Pink Bird Eater(L. parahybana), Fort Hall Baboon (P. Lugardi) Blanche, Stout Leg Baboon (E. Pachypus) Graham, Chilean Rose (G. Rosea) Glen.

Border collie x (BoB), 2 Cats (Lucky & Dip), 17 Goldfish, and The Dubia Family
Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2011 :  19:30:27  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
you'll soon get used to Mikes replies, he just says it like it is with no added polish or b-s

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

cammy
Hatchling

United Kingdom
284 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2011 :  19:48:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by eeji

you'll soon get used to Mikes replies, he just says it like it is with no added polish or b-s

ye i no lolz
Go to Top of Page

cammy
Hatchling

United Kingdom
284 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2011 :  19:49:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Red123

I take my hat off to you cammy, you come across as being very mature. Well done.

thanks red i am still trying to sell my female lolz
Go to Top of Page

Red123
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2030 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2011 :  09:45:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cammy, you could post in the classifieds on here if you seriously want to sell her.

Corn Snake
, 1.0.0 Amel (Stan),

Royal Pythons
1.0.0 Normal (Nigel)

1.0.0 Albino (Tony)
Boa Constrictor Imperator
0.1.0 (Agatha)
Western Hognose
0.1.0 Normal (Stevie)

0.0.1 Schneider Skink (George)
1.0.0 Extreme Blonde Harlequin Crested Gecko (Bert)
4 GALS.

Tarantulas
Red Rump (B. Vagans) Jo.
Chaco Golden Knee (G. pulchripes) Charlie, Greenbottle Blue (C. cyaneopubescens) Gus, Honduran Curly Hair ( B. albopilosum) Titch, Mexican Fire Leg (B. boehmei), Salmon Pink Bird Eater(L. parahybana), Fort Hall Baboon (P. Lugardi) Blanche, Stout Leg Baboon (E. Pachypus) Graham, Chilean Rose (G. Rosea) Glen.

Border collie x (BoB), 2 Cats (Lucky & Dip), 17 Goldfish, and The Dubia Family
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000