Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

cammy
Hatchling

United Kingdom
284 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2011 :  14:57:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi ive got this thermo mat its a lucky reptile thermo mat
htms 10 uk 230v 10 watts d.o.m. t11o2 ive been looking online and alot of people state i dont need a thermostat to go with this?

http://www.thespidershop.co.uk/insect/product_info.php?products_id=1781

ive been looking at this place and it says its self regulating...is it and has anyone used one?

scubadude
Hatchling

United Kingdom
366 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2011 :  15:24:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
sorry you'll still need a stat, the temp on these can get extremely hot extremely quick, even the link you posted states

Heat Strips are ideal for Rack systems or heating multiple enclosures at the same time and on the same thermostat. For Tarantulas and scorpions the heat mat is bets placed on the back wall rather than underneath the enclosure.

It is recommended that you use a Thermostat with this product.

Cheers

1.0.0 Classic corn snake - Dodge,2.2.0 Normal Royal - Palin,Detritus, Lyssa & Sofia,1.0.0 Spider royal - Anan,1.0.0 Mojave Royal - Ocha,1.0 Butter Royal - Huritt,0.1 Pastel ph ghost - Weeko,0.1 Yellowbelly - Loni,1.1.0 crawl cay boas -Maya & Pech,1.0.0 Hypo hog island boa - Harley,0.1.0 Hog island Boa - Babe

opinions are like ars*holes, everyone's got one, but you don't need to share them with the world.
Go to Top of Page

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2011 :  16:12:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You already asked this earlier and we all said yes!

http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14343
Go to Top of Page

cammy
Hatchling

United Kingdom
284 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2011 :  16:12:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks for that.
will csncel my snake for this weekend and get a new stat instead and save more for a snake in a few weeks
Go to Top of Page

cammy
Hatchling

United Kingdom
284 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2011 :  16:19:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
im sorry i asked double questions. im getting so confused with all the info i need for looking after the snake properly.
it looks like i may have to persuad my dad to buy me the habistat.
are the habistat the best ones or are ther other makes.
thanks again
Go to Top of Page

scubadude
Hatchling

United Kingdom
366 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2011 :  17:34:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cam, never worry about asking questions, 2,3 or 4 times, better you have the right info, and understand it, we all have to learn.

1.0.0 Classic corn snake - Dodge,2.2.0 Normal Royal - Palin,Detritus, Lyssa & Sofia,1.0.0 Spider royal - Anan,1.0.0 Mojave Royal - Ocha,1.0 Butter Royal - Huritt,0.1 Pastel ph ghost - Weeko,0.1 Yellowbelly - Loni,1.1.0 crawl cay boas -Maya & Pech,1.0.0 Hypo hog island boa - Harley,0.1.0 Hog island Boa - Babe

opinions are like ars*holes, everyone's got one, but you don't need to share them with the world.
Go to Top of Page

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2011 :  17:52:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by cammy

im sorry i asked double questions. im getting so confused with all the info i need for looking after the snake properly.
it looks like i may have to persuad my dad to buy me the habistat.
are the habistat the best ones or are ther other makes.
thanks again

Sorry if my post seemed a bit blunt, I was in a hurry and just left a quick comment

It's always good to ask questions if your not sure.

I asked loads of questions when I first joined as it is all very overwhelming. I still ask plenty of questions now

Hope your dad agrees to buy the stat. I use the microclimate ministat 100.
Go to Top of Page

cammy
Hatchling

United Kingdom
284 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2011 :  18:46:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ive seen the microclimate ministat on ebay for around £20 delivered so i think i'll get that and save some more for the snake
Go to Top of Page

scubadude
Hatchling

United Kingdom
366 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2011 :  18:52:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good plan Cam, the microclimate ministat does the job as needed, don't forget whilst you are on ebay to look at the digital aquarium thermometers with probes, you'll need 2 (1 for warm end and 1 for cool, they should be about £4 each delivered)

Go to Top of Page

cammy
Hatchling

United Kingdom
284 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2011 :  19:27:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i ordered a digital thermostat yesterday but didnt know i needed two so will get anotherone aswell
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000