New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

chalkie31
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
45 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2011 :  22:23:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all i tried to feed Mitch on tuesday night and he wouldnt have any of it i have fed him a large mouse once a week for the past 3 months that i have had him and have never had a problem with it. I noticed that the mouse was a little larger than normal and think that the pet shop might have given me the next size up by accident i gave up and thought i would try again today but with a smaller size mouse after braining it i stuck it in with him and he still didnt want it almost like he was scared away from it. I just want to know if there is a set length of time you should try between trying to feed snakes?? and is there anything that im doing wrong??? I havnt noticed any odd behaviour at all and as for this Mitch has been his placid chilled out just wanna be out the viv self like normal any help or advice would be greatly appreciated

Cheers guyz n galz

n/a
deleted

79 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2011 :  22:25:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Has he shed recently?
Go to Top of Page

chalkie31
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
45 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2011 :  22:28:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Glad u asked actually in the 3 almost 4 months i have had his he hasnt shed that i have seen once. The guy in the petshop shop said that Mitch was about 9 months old which would make him round about a year now. I think i might have had skin in his water when ive changed it but i cant be sure ive not noticed any flaky skin on him recently either HELP!! lol

Go to Top of Page

chalkie31
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
45 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2011 :  22:51:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Also i have noticed that Mitch is starting to lose colour is this something that could signal he is due to shed?

Go to Top of Page

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2011 :  22:52:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
if the colour is dulling down, then yes that is sign he may be coming up to a shed

Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2011 :  22:52:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When they shed you know about it, it comes off in one piece and is generally longer than the snake. He may be due to shed and this might have be why he isn't eating, is he less active or even hidden away completely and a bit grumpy too. If so all classic signs a shed is on its way.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

79 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2011 :  22:54:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very good sign keep an eye on his eyes if he's going to shed they should go " milky"
Go to Top of Page

chalkie31
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
45 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2011 :  22:59:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeh come to think about it he has been hid away alot more than recently it was only last week i was posting about how active he was always bashing away and telescoping at the glass but he has bin hid away everytime i have looked recently. What would you suggest now just sit back and wait a couple of days to see what happens i dont want to keep trying to feed him and keep stressing him out his eyes havnt gone milky yet but skin colour definately isnt what it was. That means in the whole almost 4 months i have had him he hasnt shed once is this normal?

Go to Top of Page

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2011 :  23:05:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
they shed when they need to, and no harm in sitting back for a bit and see if it is a shed. But corns don't always shed in one piece so keep an eye out.

Go to Top of Page

chalkie31
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
45 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2011 :  23:31:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How long should i leave it before trying to feed him again?

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000