Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

new_snake_2011
Egg

United Kingdom
91 Posts

Posted - 30/01/2011 :  18:11:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hiya

My snake was not an impulse buy, just wanted people to know that. I have wanted a snake for a long time, then a close friend got one and so I spoke to my hubby and we agreed. So far its cost me and extra £40 to put it right, so I still would have paid the price to get what I wanted. By Tuesday all will be well. I can't wait to hold her, 5 days to go.

Thanks for all your advice and comments.

Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 30/01/2011 :  18:19:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wasn't saying it was an impulse buy, I meant that shops keep the price low enough for impulse buys. I don't blame you I blame the shops, they shouldn't be allowed to do what they do. I'm actually glad you wanted more information because without it who knows what could have happened.

You do realise it is 5 VERY long days to go, its torture, and you get to take lots of pictures and post them on here.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

new_snake_2011
Egg

United Kingdom
91 Posts

Posted - 30/01/2011 :  18:43:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
its only been 2 so far and its been torture! I think I will feed her on Wednesday then hopefully she will be readying by the weekend! :D

Go to Top of Page

Mort13
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5599 Posts

Posted - 31/01/2011 :  10:36:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,don't beat yourself up about not knowing about the stat. I too was sold a kit with no stat or temperature gauge and was told it was everything I needed.
Luckily I've had bearded dragons and chameleons in the past so I knew I needed these things.
Makes you wonder how many people out there have got reptiles set up wrongly due to the lack of information given out,its frightening.
Good luck with the torturous wait.

3.1.0 Corn snakes, 1.0.0 T-Albino Cape House Snake, 0.1.0 Western Hognose,
1.0.0 MBK, 0.1.0 Childrens Python, 1.0.0 Nicaraguan Dwarf Boas
0.0.1 Occelated Skink, 1.0.0 Leopard Gecko, 1.0.3 Tarantulas, 0.0.2 Damon diadema
1.0.0 C0ckatiel,

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 31/01/2011 :  11:15:50  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Glass is fine in the meantime :D mine as yearlinsg were in a glass viv although now that I know they could crack I would never use them! I do know what you mean about cats though, ours are always knocking stuff and sitting in places they shouldn't! I got caught out by petshop info too :( they never mensioned a stat and I got given rubbish themeoters. I didn't reserach as I trusted teh guy who was selling me them, didn't know it was wrong until like 10 years later XD

It's hard not to touch them! I wish you luck resisting the urge lol.

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

new_snake_2011
Egg

United Kingdom
91 Posts

Posted - 31/01/2011 :  15:47:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks everybody.

Stat and digi have been shipped, will be here tomorrow.

I am going to feed her on Wednesday and then bring on Saturday!!!!!!!!!! :D

Go to Top of Page

ilovemypets1988
Hatchling

United Kingdom
328 Posts

Posted - 31/01/2011 :  17:28:06  Show Profile  Click to see ilovemypets1988's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
also thought that i should mention that its not only the shops, its also some vets, i went to 1 to ask for advice b4 getting my snake and as a direct quote: `all u need is a place to keep it (a viv), a heat mat, some substrate, a place for it to hide and thas it, its that easy` and thas what i was told by a vet.

also forgot to mention that i have 2 books on keeping snakes - 1 of which is specifically for red rat and corn snakes (by jerry g. walls) and they didnt even mention the need for a stat

Edited by - ilovemypets1988 on 31/01/2011 17:32:43
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000