New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Newbie 105
Hatchling

United Kingdom
134 Posts

Posted - 23/01/2011 :  19:14:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi there I think I'm a very lucky person I only got my snake a about a week ago and shes such a loverly snake kind everything and she's about to shed my first ever shed !! But back to the subject I have just seen her drinking and I thought it's rare to see a snake drink is it ? Am I one of the special ones or just the common newbie snake nut job?

tehbunneh
Hatchling

United Kingdom
390 Posts

Posted - 23/01/2011 :  19:16:59  Show Profile  Visit tehbunneh's Homepage  Send tehbunneh an AOL message  Click to see tehbunneh's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
The only one of my four I ever see drink is Ripley, and usually because he likes to be held over the water bowl, for some reason, for his drink. Don't worry though, she'll be drinking!

EMZ - WORCESTER, UK

3.2.0 Corn Snakes
Conan (CB09 Carolina); Ripley (CB09 Ghost); Widget (CB09 Hypo Pewter); Dexter (CB10 Granite); Boa'tata (CB10 Bloodred)
0.1.0 Taiwanese Beauty
Taiki (CB11)
1.0.0 Mexican Black Kingsnake
Tanis (CB10)
0.0.1 Amazon Tree Boa
Winston (CB??)
Go to Top of Page

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 23/01/2011 :  19:17:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ive seen almost all of mine drink, but is always cool seeing the new ones drink

Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 23/01/2011 :  19:32:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Corn snakes are well known to drink lots. I would see Spot drink every day. The best one is just after a feed he will drink for ages to wash the mouse down. Its normal, and a good thing, helps keep them hydrated for when they shed and poop. Your not a newbie snake nut job, just a snake nut job like the rest of us.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 23/01/2011 :  22:15:13  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I very rarely see any of mine drinking :(

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 23/01/2011 :  22:52:56  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I see Venom drink all the time, I don't see the babies as they are at the bottom of the viv stack although Ember whilst handling has gulped down some of my drink. I never see Char drink though :(

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

Oh How Original
Yearling

United Kingdom
591 Posts

Posted - 24/01/2011 :  01:33:31  Show Profile  Click to see Oh How Original's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lotabob

Corn snakes are well known to drink lots. I would see Spot drink every day. The best one is just after a feed he will drink for ages to wash the mouse down. Its normal, and a good thing, helps keep them hydrated for when they shed and poop. Your not a newbie snake nut job, just a snake nut job like the rest of us.

Here here!!

When on the Forums, always be nice, stick to the rules and help when you can.
1.0.0 Normal Royal - Ronald.
1.0.0 Carpet Python - Magic.
1.0.0 Amel Corn - Pendulum.
1.0.0 Anery Corn - Chilli.
0.1.0 Snow Corn - Wormsle.
0.1.0 California King x Mexican Black - Lucy.
0.1.0 Leopard Gecko - Bear.
Go to Top of Page

lrv2307
Yearling

United Kingdom
863 Posts

Posted - 24/01/2011 :  08:15:47  Show Profile  Click to see lrv2307's MSN Messenger address  Send lrv2307 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
see both of my snakies drink all the time, although my king does like to dive all the way in her bowl after a drink and sit there for a while in the water lol
morgana is much more of a lady......just a little drink every day

lrv (louise)
Uxbridge, Middlesex
0.1.0 snow - morgana
0.1.0 cali banded king - boudica
0.0.1 crested gecko - galaxy
** wish list**
ghost corn
anery corn
Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 24/01/2011 :  10:04:35  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I often see mine drinking.

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000