The Rough Green Snake!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tehbunneh
Hatchling

United Kingdom
390 Posts

Posted - 19/01/2011 :  00:28:25  Show Profile  Visit tehbunneh's Homepage  Send tehbunneh an AOL message  Click to see tehbunneh's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hi guys!

This is more to ask if anyone has had any experience with these tiny but fantastically cute little columbrids? I went into my usual rep shop for some small adult mice last week, and on the counter, there was an exo-terra with three or four of these fantastic little snakes in, for around £6 each. Also in with them, which I was a little sceptical about, were four green anoles and two green US frogs.

When I asked the guy about them, supposedly they are completely insectivorous and really pretty friendly! They don't bother the other herps they were in with, instead tending to get beaten off their preferred diet of crickets by the anoles, who also liked them!

I was wondering if anyone had any of these fantastically tiny snakes, and what they thought of them? I'm SO tempted when I have a new full time job and can afford another viv to house such an iddy biddy snake in! I know everyone would usually think to work UP in size, but my gosh, they are so vivid and bright, and have such characterful faces, I don't think I can resist, despite there being an impressive selection of corns, milk and kind snakes in the same place! Those little green fellas really captured my heart!

EMZ - WORCESTER, UK

3.2.0 Corn Snakes
Conan (CB09 Carolina); Ripley (CB09 Ghost); Widget (CB09 Hypo Pewter); Dexter (CB10 Granite); Boa'tata (CB10 Bloodred)
0.1.0 Taiwanese Beauty
Taiki (CB11)
1.0.0 Mexican Black Kingsnake
Tanis (CB10)
0.0.1 Amazon Tree Boa
Winston (CB??)

drchino
Yearling

United Kingdom
660 Posts

Posted - 23/01/2011 :  17:01:41  Show Profile  Visit drchino's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I saw these in a pet shop near me and fell in love with them instantly! They're def on my wishlist!

0.1.0 Izzy - Amber Motley Corn
0.2.0 White rats - Rose and Myra
0.0.1 Crested Gecko - Yoshi
Go to Top of Page

Inkygirl
Hatchling

United Kingdom
256 Posts

Posted - 24/01/2011 :  21:37:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
awh we have one at work, they are lovey! treat yourself :) so easy to fall in love with

1 Bearded Dragon, Gino
1 Terrapin, Tulip
1 Iguana, Edward
3 Corns Cora, Travis,Leon
and Angus
1 Normal Royal Python, Lexi
1 Boa Constrictor, Zara
1 Granite Burmese Python Bernie

Go to Top of Page

tehbunneh
Hatchling

United Kingdom
390 Posts

Posted - 25/01/2011 :  19:10:15  Show Profile  Visit tehbunneh's Homepage  Send tehbunneh an AOL message  Click to see tehbunneh's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Well, I've recently had to rehome my Tiger Oscar, so I'm going to make it my mission to rework his 65L tank into a real nice Terrarium and get a couple to house together ^^ I went again this week as I needed to pick up some pinkies for my two lil'uns, and they were still there, as well as a GORGEOUS Red Thai Bamboo Rat Snake that I wanted to see more of, but yeah, those tiny little green fellas are really appealing to me. If they house so well with anoles, I may be tempted to get some green anoles with them, but I'll have to wait and see X3

EMZ - WORCESTER, UK

3.2.0 Corn Snakes
Conan (CB09 Carolina); Ripley (CB09 Ghost); Widget (CB09 Hypo Pewter); Dexter (CB10 Granite); Boa'tata (CB10 Bloodred)
0.1.0 Taiwanese Beauty
Taiki (CB11)
1.0.0 Mexican Black Kingsnake
Tanis (CB10)
0.0.1 Amazon Tree Boa
Winston (CB??)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page