General Posts
 Yippee!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Yearling

950 Posts

Posted - 17/01/2011 :  20:40:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So excited! All my looking longingly at Royal Pythons has paid off, my incrediably tolerant other half has agreed to us purchasing a royal once Vin has become established and I've gained a little more snake experience!

*victory dance*

Can't believe how addictive snakes are! I've wanted a snake for years, but once I held my first corn hatchling, I knew I was in love!

So excited! What would the royal owners out there advise as the age of a 1st royal? A baby or an adult? xx

1.0.0 Carolina Motley Cornsnake - Vin, 0.1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa - Rio, 0.1.0 IJJ Carpet Python - Luna, 0.1.0 Dwarf Sunfire Reticulated Python - Helia, 1.0.0 Royal Python - Jasper, 0.1.0 Spaniel - Jess; RIP Gypsy - a beautiful girl through and through, 0.1.0 Rabbit - Binky, RIP Indy, Jan 2010 - Aug 2011, and Ace, Jan 2009 - Aug 2011

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 17/01/2011 :  20:45:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
makes no odds on age I got an adult and 2 hatchies and there has been no difference whatsoever in their temperaments.

Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 17/01/2011 :  20:52:24  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Congratulations!! Maybe the other half got fed up buying tissues for you to dribble over while looking at Royals!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

Yearling

950 Posts

Posted - 20/01/2011 :  19:35:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by herriotfan

Congratulations!! Maybe the other half got fed up buying tissues for you to dribble over while looking at Royals!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Think he is! I do love royals, and he likes them to so its all happiness I do sometimes worry about the reputation they get for being funny feeders but Benji said they have a "silly season" so hopefully I'd manage ok! x

1.0.0 Carolina Motley Cornsnake - Vin, 0.1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa - Rio, 0.1.0 IJJ Carpet Python - Luna, 0.1.0 Dwarf Sunfire Reticulated Python - Helia, 1.0.0 Royal Python - Jasper, 0.1.0 Spaniel - Jess; RIP Gypsy - a beautiful girl through and through, 0.1.0 Rabbit - Binky, RIP Indy, Jan 2010 - Aug 2011, and Ace, Jan 2009 - Aug 2011
Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 20/01/2011 :  19:41:43  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I'm sure if you have any issues they'll be more than happy to help on the sister site! I must admit I like Royals too, maybe one day.........

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

Yearling

950 Posts

Posted - 20/01/2011 :  19:52:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by herriotfan

I'm sure if you have any issues they'll be more than happy to help on the sister site! I must admit I like Royals too, maybe one day.........

You should get one to! Hopefully if I do buy a royal my other half will be more keen on handling, he likes Vin but is scared of hurting him as he's so small and slim! xx

Go to Top of Page

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 20/01/2011 :  20:34:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Brilliant news and yes your right, snakes are so addictive!

I have been looking for a baby Royal for quite some time now and finally put my name down on one yesterday. I bring her home in 3 weeks.
Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 20/01/2011 :  20:38:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
nice one - royals are gorgeous, mine are both so placid and inquisitive
look forwards to the pics

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic