New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

nails
Hatchling

United Kingdom
151 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2011 :  19:00:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am so proud of my hubby, he has just made his first vivarium! Which now houses my Royal Python, so now he has moved into his new pad the corns have been on the move as well, Wizard is about 2 and half foot maybe closer to 3ft now and needed to move to a bigger viv, Epi is a little shorter but both had out grown there Faun's so now they both have proper viv's.
Here are some piccy's of them eploring their new homes, still need some more decorations, but run out of penny's but i am sure they wont mind waiting till the end of the month when i get paid, they both have heat, water and a hide, just in a bigger space now.
Epi's new pad
Epi Exploring
Wizard's new pad
Wizard Exploring

1 Carolina Corn- Wizard, 1 Anery corn- Epi, 1 snow corn Casper

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2011 :  21:05:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can I just ask you how did you treat your branches and retain the lichen on them?

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

nails
Hatchling

United Kingdom
151 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2011 :  21:45:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Was told by the breeder that i got my corns off that if i used oak, they just needed a good blast off with water and then dried, but i fear i have been misinformed as someone else has asked the same question over on the python site.
I know usually you would bleach and bake them, but i was assured it was ok to use Oak without doing this.
Now i am not so sure, think i may be taking it out striping it and bleaching it

1 Carolina Corn- Wizard, 1 Anery corn- Epi, 1 snow corn Casper
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2011 :  22:28:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would strip the bark completely, and then sand smooth and then bake in the oven at 100 degrees for an hour (depends on size, thickness etc), all the nooks and crannies in bark could be harbouring all sorts of nasties. Even lichen is a type of fungus/plant and will spread onto any surfaces.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000