Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Ammerz
Hatchling

United Kingdom
168 Posts

Posted - 27/12/2010 :  15:48:10  Show Profile  Click to see Ammerz's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I went to feed my snakes today and get mice out of the freezer... my mum had binned them to make room for christmas food. She suggested I gave them pigs in blankets... :-|

scubadude
Hatchling

United Kingdom
366 Posts

Posted - 27/12/2010 :  15:50:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
suggest she might like pinkies in blankets with the turkey next year.

1.0.0 Classic corn snake - Dodge,2.2.0 Normal Royal - Palin,Detritus, Lyssa & Sofia,1.0.0 Spider royal - Anan,1.0.0 Mojave Royal - Ocha,1.0 Butter Royal - Huritt,0.1 Pastel ph ghost - Weeko,0.1 Yellowbelly - Loni,1.1.0 crawl cay boas -Maya & Pech,1.0.0 Hypo hog island boa - Harley,0.1.0 Hog island Boa - Babe

opinions are like ars*holes, everyone's got one, but you don't need to share them with the world.
Go to Top of Page

a33272
our battery charger

United Kingdom
3063 Posts

Posted - 27/12/2010 :  16:01:38  Show Profile  Visit a33272's Homepage  Send a33272 an AOL message  Click to see a33272's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
opps bad mummy

0.1.0 creamsicle corn-Marmalade
1.0.0 jungle carpet python-Bumble
1.0.0 corn Casper

Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 27/12/2010 :  16:14:05  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Oh dear....

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

lrv2307
Yearling

United Kingdom
863 Posts

Posted - 27/12/2010 :  17:22:05  Show Profile  Click to see lrv2307's MSN Messenger address  Send lrv2307 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
oh dear, thank god shops are back to normal tomorrow

hope your snakey can manage one more day without dinner xxxx

lrv (louise)
Uxbridge, Middlesex
0.1.0 snow - morgana
0.1.0 cali banded king - boudica
0.0.1 crested gecko - galaxy
** wish list**
ghost corn
anery corn
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 27/12/2010 :  17:31:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That made me laugh, don't be too harsh on your Mum I'm sure the Xmas lunch was worth losing a few mice. Don't worry about snakey either they can go weeks/months without food so a few days wait for new supplies will do them no harm.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

Ammerz
Hatchling

United Kingdom
168 Posts

Posted - 27/12/2010 :  20:29:57  Show Profile  Click to see Ammerz's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I know they will be fine... I was just a bit annoyed. I kept them in an old ice cream tub, when she was cleaning out she picked it up and assumed it was a nearly empty tub of ice cream so chucked it. It was more the fact that she suggested giving them pigs in blankets that made me worry about her inteligence! lol!

Go to Top of Page

Tiffany-x
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1189 Posts

Posted - 27/12/2010 :  20:44:02  Show Profile  Click to see Tiffany-x's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
HAHAHA! Oh dear, thats why I keep them in an empty CLEAR tub. :P So my mummy knows it little mice. :) Sounds like feeding will be held off. :P
Tiffany-x

Go to Top of Page

a33272
our battery charger

United Kingdom
3063 Posts

Posted - 27/12/2010 :  20:50:53  Show Profile  Visit a33272's Homepage  Send a33272 an AOL message  Click to see a33272's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i use clear takeaway tubs

1.0.0 corn Casper

Go to Top of Page

Kat
Hatchling

United Kingdom
119 Posts

Posted - 27/12/2010 :  23:01:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am the mummy in this house so no chance of binned pinkies here

0.0.1 Amel (Omari)
1.1 Leopard Geckos (Tychondrious and Cleopatra)
0.2 Chocolate Labs (Millie and Lucy) 0.1 Weimaraner (Suzi)
1.0 Cat (Thomas)
2.1 Children plus 1.0 squatting nephew
no more Bovines
and 1.0 husband!
Go to Top of Page

a33272
our battery charger

United Kingdom
3063 Posts

Posted - 27/12/2010 :  23:04:04  Show Profile  Visit a33272's Homepage  Send a33272 an AOL message  Click to see a33272's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kat

I am the mummy in this house so no chance of binned pinkies here

im the daddy in mine (live alone lol) so i have a draw just from rodents and birds haha

1.0.0 corn Casper

Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 27/12/2010 :  23:19:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Take a big black marker and write a polite reminder on your new tub. Or draw a mickey mouse symbol.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

lucyloop
Hatchling

United Kingdom
265 Posts

Posted - 27/12/2010 :  23:37:01  Show Profile  Visit lucyloop's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i drew mice pics on my tub to stop the OH getting confused!!!
Go to Top of Page

Ammerz
Hatchling

United Kingdom
168 Posts

Posted - 27/12/2010 :  23:44:18  Show Profile  Click to see Ammerz's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Well it was a clearish ice cream tub... one of those little oval ones that are sorta semi transparent!!

Go to Top of Page

a33272
our battery charger

United Kingdom
3063 Posts

Posted - 27/12/2010 :  23:48:19  Show Profile  Visit a33272's Homepage  Send a33272 an AOL message  Click to see a33272's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
parants ayy, who'd ave em lol

1.0.0 corn Casper

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 28/12/2010 :  12:22:06  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Haha parents are bad like that though. My dad suggested feeding mine beef. I keep mine in takeway tubs too with mice written on it :D right next to the spagbog also in takeway tubs.

BTW she can send her piggy blankets to me :p

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

scubadude
Hatchling

United Kingdom
366 Posts

Posted - 28/12/2010 :  12:38:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
my lovely other half has given me the bottom drawer in the freezer for mice, on the condition that if she finds 'em anywhere else I'm likely to find one in my curry one night

1.0.0 Classic corn snake - Dodge,2.2.0 Normal Royal - Palin,Detritus, Lyssa & Sofia,1.0.0 Spider royal - Anan,1.0.0 Mojave Royal - Ocha,1.0 Butter Royal - Huritt,0.1 Pastel ph ghost - Weeko,0.1 Yellowbelly - Loni,1.1.0 crawl cay boas -Maya & Pech,1.0.0 Hypo hog island boa - Harley,0.1.0 Hog island Boa - Babe

opinions are like ars*holes, everyone's got one, but you don't need to share them with the world.
Go to Top of Page

lrv2307
Yearling

United Kingdom
863 Posts

Posted - 28/12/2010 :  13:59:42  Show Profile  Click to see lrv2307's MSN Messenger address  Send lrv2307 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
hahaha, thats funny scuba.......my bf went into the freezer in my place for something, and all i heard was a scream lol,
how did he think i fed my snow? lol, fresh mice? hahahaha

lrv (louise)
Uxbridge, Middlesex
0.1.0 snow - morgana
0.1.0 cali banded king - boudica
0.0.1 crested gecko - galaxy
** wish list**
ghost corn
anery corn
Go to Top of Page

Browsies
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - 28/12/2010 :  17:27:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My mum wasn't very happy about putting frozon mice in the freezer since as i got cydney a norm cornsnake for xmas and she is new to keeping them PS:im only 9 and 10 in jan

The Browsies
x 2 cats (Sky & Lola)
x 1 corn snake (Sydney)
x 1 Egyptian Mantis (Big Fella)
x 1 Giant African Millipede (Michael)
x 2 Aquatic Frogs (Tiny & Swimmer)
x 1 Pleco (Billy)
X ? Fish

Edited by - Browsies on 28/12/2010 17:28:38
Go to Top of Page

dizzie85
Hatchling

United Kingdom
242 Posts

Posted - 28/12/2010 :  20:34:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh dear! Thats just the sort of thing my mum would do if I still lived under her roof lol!... though the fella keeps threatening to throw them out as I keep a bag of pinkies, a bag of fuzzies and a bag of frozen worms (for my daughters frog) in a bag but too close to our food for my fellas comfort lol!
Go to Top of Page

Ammerz
Hatchling

United Kingdom
168 Posts

Posted - 28/12/2010 :  23:49:09  Show Profile  Click to see Ammerz's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Well i used to buy them one at a time from my local pet shop... mainly because when I got Sir Hiss I hadnt told my mum and dead mice in the freezer might have been a give away. It was actually my mum who told me to start keeping lots in... it was when the whether was really bad last year, she told me to get a load in incase I couldnt get to the shops, she didnt want my snake to go hungry!!
I dont think the mice bother her half as much as the crickets do... especially when i accidently liberate a few of them :(

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000