Tiko's Hammock
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lucyloop
Hatchling

United Kingdom
265 Posts

Posted - 22/12/2010 :  20:55:02  Show Profile  Visit lucyloop's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I brought Tiko a hammock, glued it to the top of his viv and he seems to like it. I came down this morning and he was asleep in it, was very pleased as clearly he feels unthreatened in it. May get another so he can stretch himself out. Anyway something to think on, he didn't notice it for about 3 days until I popped him on it, from then he explores it every night, has he "learnt" something or can he just smell himself on it? I didn't think snakes could learn? I thought it is good exercise for him as he has to stretch to get in and out etc as its on the roof.
Taken a couple of pics, excuse the flash...

lrv2307
Yearling

United Kingdom
863 Posts

Posted - 22/12/2010 :  21:12:17  Show Profile  Click to see lrv2307's MSN Messenger address  Send lrv2307 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
i was lookin at those lizard hammocks, and thought snakeys might like them, but didnt know

how did you fix it to the top of the viv? what glue did you use?
he looks so chilled out in it, very cool lol

lrv (louise)
Uxbridge, Middlesex
0.1.0 snow - morgana
0.1.0 cali banded king - boudica
0.0.1 crested gecko - galaxy
** wish list**
ghost corn
anery corn
Go to Top of Page

lucyloop
Hatchling

United Kingdom
265 Posts

Posted - 22/12/2010 :  21:16:11  Show Profile  Visit lucyloop's Homepage  Reply with Quote
thanks, i used normal superglue when he was having his tea last week so by time he got back in there it was dry and no smells.
Go to Top of Page

lrv2307
Yearling

United Kingdom
863 Posts

Posted - 22/12/2010 :  21:18:31  Show Profile  Click to see lrv2307's MSN Messenger address  Send lrv2307 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
ahh cool, will look into it :) ta

lrv (louise)
Uxbridge, Middlesex
0.1.0 snow - morgana
0.1.0 cali banded king - boudica
0.0.1 crested gecko - galaxy
** wish list**
ghost corn
anery corn
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 22/12/2010 :  21:26:53  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I wondered about those hammocks too :) he looks very happy in them.

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

Sika
Hatchling

350 Posts

Posted - 22/12/2010 :  21:32:41  Show Profile  Visit Sika's Homepage  Click to see Sika's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Looks so great xD
Good place for a little nap.

0.1 Corn snake - Motley Sunglow (Aia)
1.0 Hognose - normal (Vitus)
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 22/12/2010 :  23:08:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How strange is this. I ordered one of these at the weekend and intended on doing exactly what youv'e done with it.

Made me even more pleased with my idea now, must be a good one if others are doing it and even better, Tiko uses it so hopefully Spot will too.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

lucyloop
Hatchling

United Kingdom
265 Posts

Posted - 23/12/2010 :  10:26:43  Show Profile  Visit lucyloop's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lotabob

How strange is this. I ordered one of these at the weekend and intended on doing exactly what youv'e done with it.

Made me even more pleased with my idea now, must be a good one if others are doing it and even better, Tiko uses it so hopefully Spot will too.

He uses it a lot so I am super pleased, hope Spot likes his too
Go to Top of Page

rick1894
Egg

90 Posts

Posted - 24/12/2010 :  10:34:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is so cool, will have to wait till diego is big enough for a big viv as access through the top at minute :(

Looks well chilled on there though.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000