Blue night lights for Rusko
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

107 Posts

Posted - 22/12/2010 :  01:15:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

I've just added some nice blue LED lights for my boy, I must say he has took to them very well, First night I've had them on and he is out and about, He seems to like coming out around midnight till gone 3am is this alright as he is out most of the day when I'm home I never really tend to not see him.. How long do snakes sleep for or need ? And feeding Is it best to feed mornings/midday/night..

Also! The blue LED lights make Highlight pens glow up does this mean the LEDs are UV ? Is UV okay for my boy ?

1.0.0 Carolina/Normal Corn
1.0.0 Pug
1.0.0 Leopard Gecko

Edited by - gmac on 22/12/2010 01:31:05

FiestaSTLou
Yearling

United Kingdom
556 Posts

Posted - 22/12/2010 :  09:19:17  Show Profile  Visit FiestaSTLou's Homepage  Click to see FiestaSTLou's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Aww i think it looks fab :)

I dont think theres any difference in what time of day u feed them? i feed mine all on the same day but times vary as to how busy i am? im not a expert tho so i may be totally wrong lol

And i have no idea about the sleep thing lol

Go to Top of Page

Ammerz
Hatchling

United Kingdom
168 Posts

Posted - 22/12/2010 :  22:03:08  Show Profile  Click to see Ammerz's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Are they just blue led chrismas lights??

Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 22/12/2010 :  22:40:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If they emit UV light they should have a warning sticker on them somewhere to that effect. It does look like just blue light, UV doesn't cast blue light like shown in your picture. They look very bright, can they be dimmed to a softer light?

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

107 Posts

Posted - 23/12/2010 :  00:39:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't think they say anything about UV on the box but they seem to make my highlighter glow and anything that glows in the dark glow even in day light.. They dont have a dimmer but dimmers are easy to make for 12v lights

I did get them for the boot of my car to make it look all snazy =P ebay still sell them
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Car-Blue-Flexible-Waterproof-30-SMD-LED-Light-Strip-new-/260700619282?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3cb2f7c212

1.0.0 Carolina/Normal Corn
1.0.0 Pug
1.0.0 Leopard Gecko
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000