wot as tht
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

23 Posts

Posted - 17/12/2010 :  23:15:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hiya, cn i first say hi n im new to avin an corn snake,i avint hd him an mth yet, he hasnt eaten tryed every week with him, n had his first shread off him, wot i want 2 knw is tht 2night i tryed to feed him, bt him in an plastic box n wen i tryed to feed him there was watery stuff in there n i dnt knw wot it is, just concered thts all, n he was an little freaked out aswell, bt since ive pt him bk he seems ok, guess we all been there worrying if we ae looking after our snakes ok, oh yh my snake is named seth n hes 18mths old, thank you

clare n seth

lee2308
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
3348 Posts

Posted - 17/12/2010 :  23:20:16  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
hi claire,if you could tell us in english we might be able to help you

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

23 Posts

Posted - 17/12/2010 :  23:36:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
sorry, tonight when i went to feed my snake seth, i notice sum water in the box, so i wiped it up and took him out, he felt slimy and he was freaked out, but when i put him back he settled back down.

clare n seth
Go to Top of Page

lee2308
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
3348 Posts

Posted - 18/12/2010 :  00:24:22  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
next time just put some paper in the tub and leave the prey in their,it was probably just some wee.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

23 Posts

Posted - 18/12/2010 :  00:38:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ok, thanks, im just learning as having an snake for the first time, so its all new to me, let me tell you about him hes 18mths old, had him since 25th nov, hasnt eaten yet, which that does worry me, had him from an pet shop and they said that he has 3 medium mice an week. When my friend saw him he said that hes over weight and to cut him down, which he hasnt eaten yet, had his first shed yesterday so i know now when he will go into blue the next time, just his eating im more concered about, but apart from all that hes lovely and shiney. Waited 19yrs to have an corn snake, now ive got one im so happy, cant believe hes here,me and my kids love him to bits.

clare n seth
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 18/12/2010 :  01:26:49  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hiya Clare and welcome to the forum.
I wouldn't worry to much if he isn't really eating, especially if you think he's a bit overweight, although piccies could help.
One of my snakes stopped eating about 5 weeks ago, I don't expect him to eat anything until about Feb or March. If he does I'll be surprised. Non-feeders isn't always something to worry about.

Has he not been eating since you got him??
If so can you give us an idea of your setup, it may possibly help.
His rough length?
His viv size (glass or wood)?
His substrate (bedding?
His warm and cool end temps and how are you measuring the temps?
How is the heat provided and how is it regulated?
Is the heat source protected?
Where his viv is located and are any other animals in proximity to his viv?

I know it's a fair amount of questions and I've probably forgetten a few but if you can answer them to the best of you ability it would be superb. Thanks.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

lee2308
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
3348 Posts

Posted - 18/12/2010 :  11:19:27  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Oh i didnt say welcome to the forum,kehhlyr as covered it for you,its the time of year for some to stop eating,just keep a eye on his weight and just try offering every 7 days.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

23 Posts

Posted - 18/12/2010 :  15:52:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hiya, thank you to your reply, for the questions you asked me heres are the answers.
1, no, hasnt been eating since i had him on 25th nov, but eaten at the pet shop on, 20th nov.
2, just under 3 anh half foot long
3. viv 4ft, with glass doors.
4 aspen beddin.
5 hot end, 82f, cool end 22f
6.100w bulb, temp control with an static.
7.bulb guard, that was the first thing he did went straight to bulb, man in pet shop said i woudnt need 1, but i got one, better be safe than sorry.
8, living room, yes birds.

hope this helps
thanks
clare

clare n seth
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

23 Posts

Posted - 18/12/2010 :  19:17:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
At last he has eaten, :-), feed him in the viv, but wanna change that to eat outside the viv, so next time i feed him i try that way, :-)

clare n seth
Go to Top of Page

lrv2307
Yearling

United Kingdom
863 Posts

Posted - 18/12/2010 :  20:21:00  Show Profile  Click to see lrv2307's MSN Messenger address  Send lrv2307 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
thats good news clare

lrv (louise)
Uxbridge, Middlesex
0.1.0 snow - morgana
0.1.0 cali banded king - boudica
0.0.1 crested gecko - galaxy
** wish list**
ghost corn
anery corn
Go to Top of Page

rockroyal
Hatchling

United Kingdom
235 Posts

Posted - 21/12/2010 :  19:52:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
welcome i to am new here but in the short time since i have joined i have noticed this forum and the other members are friendly and very helpful

1.0.0 corn snake
0.1.0 royal python
0.1.0 hognose

Who moved the light at the end of the tunnel
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

23 Posts

Posted - 27/12/2010 :  22:34:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hiya botting1973,im new on here aswell, yes they are friendly members on here, plus they will give you advice you would need.

clare n seth
Go to Top of Page

Benji54
Hatchling

United Kingdom
449 Posts

Posted - 29/12/2010 :  12:10:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lee2308

next time just put some paper in the tub and leave the prey in their,it was probably just some wee.

not bein anal just wondered, i didnt think snakes did really wee? i was under the impression they had super effective kidneys and passed dry urates (the white dusty powder, often found with their faeces?) i could be wrong and that could maybe be just one species but i'd like to be educated if im wrong! cheers

1.1.0 corns "wotsit" and "biscuit"
1.0.0 Royal "ophion"
0.1.0 Coastal Carpet Python "Serendipity"
1.0.0 Mexican Black Kingsnake "Obsidian"
0.1.0 Bunny Rabbit (?) "truffle"

R.I.P "Prisma Pequeno"
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page