Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Tiffany-x
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1189 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2010 :  09:51:40  Show Profile  Click to see Tiffany-x's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
WOW! I havent ever been so happy, I just went absolutely insane! All my stuff has just arrived, all I need now are plants and a snake!! xD I seriously am so excited! It is all just starting to feel real! This time next week Ill hopefully have a little snake in there, and today Im gonna FORCE my dad to take me plant shopping and help me set it all up to be sure its working! I CANNOT wait!! :P
Tiffany-x

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2010 :  10:44:49  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
You don't need plants XD but if your dad is playing XD

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

Tiffany-x
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1189 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2010 :  10:47:56  Show Profile  Click to see Tiffany-x's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Exactly! Why do it simple if I can get my dad to pay? :P I must say I have tried to save and stuff but sometimes I just cant resist the finer things! I ended up getting 2 hides as well when I was planning on loo roll tubes and plastic plant pots. I just cant help myself! I am going to pick up some pinkies too today, its all just too exciting! Im bouncing up and down! :P
Tiffany-x

Edited by - Tiffany-x on 11/12/2010 10:49:02
Go to Top of Page

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2010 :  13:47:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm so excited for you! I was just the same as you are :o)

I decided to get a couple of plants for Nimbus's faunarium but I am using kitchen roll as a substrate for now so i can keep an eye on poops. I also went for toilet roll tubes as hides but may later get propper ones. At the moment Nimbus likes to hide under the vine :o)

Go to Top of Page

Tiffany-x
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1189 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2010 :  13:57:25  Show Profile  Click to see Tiffany-x's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I originally told myself not to buy hides and wait until my snake is fully grown, but I couldnt help myself! I cant wait! Im still waiting for my dad to call me though so we can go shopping! :( So I can spend! :P
Tiffany-x

Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2010 :  15:21:16  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I love your enthusiaum......I've been just the same over my snakes. It won't matter how many you have the feeling is the same with them all!!!

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

Tiffany-x
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1189 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2010 :  15:57:55  Show Profile  Click to see Tiffany-x's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Im glad someone loves it! Most people say Im irritating! :P It is such exciting stuff though! I cant wait! xD
Tiffany-x

Go to Top of Page

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2010 :  16:21:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree, it's not irritating at all. I'm already so excited about getting my next snake which should be around 1 st week on january and looks like it may be a king snake.

Go to Top of Page

Tiffany-x
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1189 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2010 :  19:06:37  Show Profile  Click to see Tiffany-x's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Aww, thanks guys! Your so lucky, if I was old enough (and rich enough) to live alone I would have got like 10 million, 2 years ago! xD I cant wait! Well me and dad went to pick up a little foliage, and I am adoring how the faun is looking. I am sure she will love her knew home! :P

This might sound stupid but most breeders/shops I have been to keep hatchlings in really tiny little tubs, is the huge space likely to scare her? I know there is the week settling in period to make her feel better but I only just though about it seeing the size of the faun. :)
Tiffany-x

Go to Top of Page

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2010 :  19:11:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
fauns are generally fine for hatchies, just make sure there is enough hiding spaces for her to feel secure.

Go to Top of Page

Tiffany-x
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1189 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2010 :  19:22:35  Show Profile  Click to see Tiffany-x's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I have 2 hides, as of now, but I also have like 10 loo roll tubes stored in the airing cupboard in my bedroom so I doubt there wont be enough! I cant wait! Im just starting to worry to do something wrong and upset her! :(
Tiffany-x

Go to Top of Page

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2010 :  19:31:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
stop worrying and double thinking yourself, you will be fine

Go to Top of Page

Katie.Dublin
Sub Adult

Ireland
1560 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2010 :  19:32:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Its hard to do anything wrong when all you need to do is look at her for a week! haha

0.1 normal (Miami) - Hugo
0.1 hypo Motley - Spunky
0.1 MBK - Tequila. RIP
Horses, bearded dragons, a red tailed boa constrictor, a tortoise, a cat and a dog
Go to Top of Page

Tiffany-x
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1189 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2010 :  19:39:06  Show Profile  Click to see Tiffany-x's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Yeah I know! I just want her to have everything perfect! I always worry about everything, I will be perfectly fine once she has eaten pooped and shed the first time! I am so chuffed! And I cant believe what I just heard, I was talking to my mum and she said she is actually quite excited to see her and hold her!! :O YAY!! xD
Tiffany-x

Go to Top of Page

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2010 :  21:46:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My parents came over today and mum thought Nimbus was lovely. My dad wasn't too keen lol

My boy was in a tiny tub at the petshop, infact I would say it was too small considering his length. He seems to love exploring the faun which is the large 18 inch one and he likes to hide in the loo roll tubes and under the plants. I am sure you snake will do just fine so try not to worry. You sound like you have thought of everything. :o)
Go to Top of Page

Tiffany-x
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1189 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2010 :  08:22:05  Show Profile  Click to see Tiffany-x's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
That is always the case, kept in tiny little tubs, its cheap and great for space so theres no harm in it.

I think most people over estimate how much people dislike snakes, it is a good few but I was surprised that most of my friends are actually really interested. :) I only know one person that is worried about seeing her.

I think my little setup is looking great, I tested the heatmat thermometer and stat last night too! :) And I must be SO grateful to Catherine (RyanRed) seeing as she sent me a small exoterra water bowl and some of her disinfectant for nothing which means that I got to have proper hides and nice foliage (dads never ending funds ended at 100 incl. snake). I am so happy with how it is all looking! And I am bringing her home Friday evening I think, less than a week to go!! xD
Tiffany-x

Go to Top of Page

lrv2307
Yearling

United Kingdom
863 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2010 :  08:43:30  Show Profile  Click to see lrv2307's MSN Messenger address  Send lrv2307 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
so pleased for you Tiff

i know how excited you must be

lrv (louise)
Uxbridge, Middlesex
0.1.0 snow - morgana
0.1.0 cali banded king - boudica
0.0.1 crested gecko - galaxy
** wish list**
ghost corn
anery corn
Go to Top of Page

Tiffany-x
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1189 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2010 :  08:46:55  Show Profile  Click to see Tiffany-x's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Thanks, :) I am madly excited! Its all I can think about! Ive been waiting over a year for this result! xD
Tiffany-x

Go to Top of Page

lrv2307
Yearling

United Kingdom
863 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2010 :  09:18:36  Show Profile  Click to see lrv2307's MSN Messenger address  Send lrv2307 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
lol, oh tiff bless ya lol

i thought i was going out my mind just waiting 3 weeks til pay day lol
but so chuffed for you
now the stress begins lol, i stress over my morgana so much, she still a small hatchling, so spends most of her time hiding
going to get a moonlight bulb so i can watch her with the lights out

lrv (louise)
Uxbridge, Middlesex
0.1.0 snow - morgana
0.1.0 cali banded king - boudica
0.0.1 crested gecko - galaxy
** wish list**
ghost corn
anery corn
Go to Top of Page

Mort13
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5599 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2010 :  09:19:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ooh it sounds like everythings coming together very nicely
I would say not to worry about anything,but I know what I was like when I first got Loki. Its hard not to worry when you have these tiny baby snakes and you want to do everything right.
What I will say though is that I'm sure your new baby will be just fine and she'll be in very good hands. I don't think anyone could compete with the amount of research you've done.
You are well prepared hun,just be prepared to be even more fanatical as the addiction worsens with time!!

3.1.0 Corn snakes, 1.0.0 T-Albino Cape House Snake, 0.1.0 Western Hognose,
1.0.0 MBK, 0.1.0 Childrens Python, 1.0.0 Nicaraguan Dwarf Boas
0.0.1 Occelated Skink, 1.0.0 Leopard Gecko, 1.0.3 Tarantulas, 0.0.2 Damon diadema
1.0.0 C0ckatiel,

Edited by - Mort13 on 12/12/2010 09:21:49
Go to Top of Page

Tiffany-x
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1189 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2010 :  09:54:22  Show Profile  Click to see Tiffany-x's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I managed to get addicted before owning one, I dont just want one, I want hundreds, but one is a good start for now! :P I know worrying is notmal but it doesnt stop you does it! xD
Tiffany-x

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000