New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

11 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2010 :  09:51:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Heya All!!
I have actually been viewing and using this site as a source of information for a long time so thought it's about time I said 'Ello' to you great peepz!
I'm Russ, not sure what you want to know so will keep it corns!
Got 5 corns, well more but I'll get to that in a mo, not a total understander of the whole Morph thing as used to keep Kings, Royals and Garters up until 6 years back when I relocated and had to rehome them :(, I add they all went to GREAT homes and are still thriving *apart from the 1 garter anyway*
7 months back I was informed by a friend that her Niece had snakes she had to rehome, I was thinking of getting another so jumped at the chance, anyway, cut a long story short I got them, I say THEM as there are 5!! 2 5 year old adults and 3 yearlings!!
Mom is a 4'7 Carolina called 'Lilly', Dad is a 5' Snow called 'Allan' and the young ones are 2x Amels called 'Nathair' and 'Cody' - 'Cody = Cod Eye as he only has 1 fully formed eye bless him, I think there was an accident when he was tiny to cause it but no explanation to me, he is fine and happy though, and finally a 'Okeetee' *I think* called 'Darky'
I'll upload some pics later as just sorting out a photobucket account.
Anyways, the good news -for me anyway- is that Lilly layed a clutch of eggs back in October, I have had clutches in the past so know the drill and 1am this morning the first blighter pipped then at 8:30 this morning a further 2 have also pipped, so got 3 tiny tiny heads peeking out into the world!! YAY! *The clutch is of 24-25 eggs, still looks like zero slugs so keeping everything crossed!!*
Will put more later, bit busy keeping an eye on these at the moment, but a BiG hello to you lot!

Some know better than others, most just think they do. If it's proved to work for you, stick with it just take good advice to increase your own knowledge.

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2010 :  10:26:34  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hi
Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you've got your hands full! I take it you have other pets too, would love to hear about them as well. Great to have you on board, enjoy it here!!

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

Mort13
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5599 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2010 :  10:40:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi and welcome. Looks like you're in for a very busy Xmas with all those extra little mouths to feed. Hope all goes well with the little pippers and future pippers. Looking forward to pics and updates

3.1.0 Corn snakes, 1.0.0 T-Albino Cape House Snake, 0.1.0 Western Hognose,
1.0.0 MBK, 0.1.0 Childrens Python, 1.0.0 Nicaraguan Dwarf Boas
0.0.1 Occelated Skink, 1.0.0 Leopard Gecko, 1.0.3 Tarantulas, 0.0.2 Damon diadema
1.0.0 C0ckatiel,

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

11 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2010 :  10:44:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thankyou Herriotfan
Well, just watched the 4th hatchling *very slowly* cut it's egg! Awwww!
I currently just have a Jack Russell bitch called Mada but with what seems to be a reptile trend period I help a few friends out with their snake and beardie vivs as most have just gone and bought the gear without the research into it. Good feeling though knowing they are now in better surroundings.

Some know better than others, most just think they do. If it's proved to work for you, stick with it just take good advice to increase your own knowledge.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

11 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2010 :  10:50:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Mort13,
Oh yes, all the fun will start soon, looks like the freezer draw will be full of food from tomo, as long as the snow allows the car to get to the pet shop. I wasn't expecting them to even start hatching for another 1-2 weeks either! At least I've got a week or so to get fully stocked up and prepare all their boxes

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

11 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2010 :  11:33:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hope I do this right and don't get into trouble for putting pics on this thread, will only put a few just in case. I'll explain my viv set ups later on, the 4th pipper looks like a tiny amel.

That will do for now, will post more later on the pic page
Hope it isn't pic heavy, think I resized ok, will see in a mo

Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2010 :  12:20:27  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I love the belt, wonder if it catch on! Nice snakes you've got. Lovely to see the wee hatchies.

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

Figs
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3319 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2010 :  16:17:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello and welcome!
Agreed - that snake belt is awesome
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

11 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2010 :  16:19:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So as not to overdo pics *I have gone a bit wild* just a few little update pics. So far 6 heads out and 2 slit, might be a long evening as still about 15+ *can't count the remainder of the clump* to go. A few of the eggs are huge compared to others?! They haven't slit yet though.
All looks well though! YAY! Anyway, a few more pics :

Hope I'm not overdoing with the pics, will veer towards the other threads soon as have said my 'Hello'

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

11 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2010 :  16:20:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Argh, sorry! I didn't press enter between pasting pics

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

11 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2010 :  18:42:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Last one for here, the first Pippa has come to say hello just over 17.5 hours later.

Go to Top of Page

Inkygirl
Hatchling

United Kingdom
256 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2010 :  13:10:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
awww they are gorgeous, little Pippa reminds me of my Cora.

welcome xx

1 Bearded Dragon, Gino
1 Terrapin, Tulip
1 Iguana, Edward
3 Corns Cora, Travis,Leon
and Angus
1 Normal Royal Python, Lexi
1 Boa Constrictor, Zara
1 Granite Burmese Python Bernie

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic