Buy a digital Thermometer
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lucyloop
Hatchling

United Kingdom
265 Posts

Posted - 29/11/2010 :  20:58:51  Show Profile  Visit lucyloop's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I got mine today! I am amazed how much my dial thermometers and mat stat were out! I have now set my mat stat to 26 degrees which is actually 28 in reality and about 24 according to the dial.

I came back from a weekend break today and thought my poor snakey had been freezing since his dial only said 20 on the hot side (i left the heating on for him too), transpires I need not have worried but I decided to get a digi therm to be without doubt on the temps. It is a dual sensor and only cost £8, money well spent I say!

andyj
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
29 Posts

Posted - 29/11/2010 :  21:48:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lucyloop,

Still in planning process to get cornsnakes - young so will initially be using a faunarium. Most 'kits' seem to come with the dial thermometers so I'm looking to upgrade to digital. What one did you get and when you say dual sensor do you mean two probes one for hot end and one for cool end?

Andy

0.1.0 Anery - Shadow
0.1.0 Amel Motley - Blaze
0.1.0 Wife
2.0.0 Kids
Go to Top of Page

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 29/11/2010 :  23:21:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I got my digi thermometer from ebay for around £6 and it's got 2 probes, one for hot end one for cool end and my snake will also be in a faunarium to start off. I didn't bother getting the kit as most of the stuff in it was not needed. I bought a digi thermometer, heat mat, thermostat for the faunarium, plus a few fake plants all for less than the kit :o)
Go to Top of Page

mikeyd_26
Yearling

United Kingdom
716 Posts

Posted - 30/11/2010 :  00:19:58  Show Profile  Click to see mikeyd_26's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
have a look at the 'links' section on this forum sum one gave me a great link to an ebay shop with digi therms so i bought 6!!!!

0.1.0 amel - TaLuLa
0.1.0 anery motley het amel, hypo - Bo
1.0.0 vanishing stripe unknown - Marley
1.0.0 hogg island boa - Iggy
0.1.0 hogg island boa - Luna
0.1.0 royal python - Buttons!
1.0.0 royal python 66% het albino - Steve
0.1.0 leopard gecko - Sheila
millions of beardies!
Go to Top of Page

lucyloop
Hatchling

United Kingdom
265 Posts

Posted - 30/11/2010 :  07:01:38  Show Profile  Visit lucyloop's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi

I got the "reptile one" and yes 2 probes one for each end. It was £8 so i was happy :)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000