New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 28/11/2010 :  18:22:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Today is Spot's normal feeding day but due to a regurge he isn't getting any dinner until next week. He is more active tonight than he has been in weeks, he's even climbing the door to try get out, he hasn't done that for ages and ages. I wonder if he realises that he's missed a meal? Its good to see him out and about and I am really resisting the urge to open the door and let him out for a bit.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 28/11/2010 :  18:26:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
it is a pain, but your doing the right thing, hoping it was just a one off regurge.

Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 28/11/2010 :  18:43:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It was, I handled him after 48 hours but he was still digesting, I think it was one of three things that happened. (1)His new hide wasn't warm enough to aid digestion. (2)The fuzzy was his upper size limit. (3)I didn't allow extra time to digest his big meal.

Fingers crossed it was one of those things, all of which I have or will put right. It was a partial regurge only the very back of the mouse came back, everything else went through and out the normal way with no issues. Lesson learnt though.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
3093 Posts

Posted - 28/11/2010 :  18:57:39  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Fingers crossed for you.

It's hard when you can't handle them, but it is for the best x

Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 28/11/2010 :  19:04:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah I'd do almost anything for the welfare of my animals. I've some far smaller fuzzies in for him, I'm going to leave him until next Sunday and then feed him, that's a good 12 days after the regurge so should be ready to eat by then. I don't think it was anything other than my mistake so I don't see it been an ongoing problem.

Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Budwing Mantis, MAIA

Go to Top of Page

Mort13
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5599 Posts

Posted - 28/11/2010 :  20:53:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aw good to hear the little fellas none the worse for his ordeal Must be torture waiting and watching him,bad enough on the weeks settling in period but now you're more attached that must be doing you head in!

3.1.0 Corn snakes, 1.0.0 T-Albino Cape House Snake, 0.1.0 Western Hognose,
1.0.0 MBK, 0.1.0 Childrens Python, 1.0.0 Nicaraguan Dwarf Boas
0.0.1 Occelated Skink, 1.0.0 Leopard Gecko, 1.0.3 Tarantulas, 0.0.2 Damon diadema
1.0.0 C0ckatiel,

Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 28/11/2010 :  22:11:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I change my mind he is very very daft. I have a viv lock on the top of the glass, he has managed to climb up the glass and onto the fixing screw and he is now suspended about a foot off the ground. I cant help because he is on the glass doors and will fall if I open the door. This is not going to end well for him. He looks a lot like a vine snake just hanging there. There's a job for me tomorrow, shorten the screw so there is nothing to hang onto up there.

Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Budwing Mantis, MAIA

Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 28/11/2010 :  22:19:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Budwing Mantis, MAIA

Go to Top of Page

Mort13
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5599 Posts

Posted - 29/11/2010 :  09:32:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lol,what a pickle he's got himself into there. It looks so uncomfortable!!

3.1.0 Corn snakes, 1.0.0 T-Albino Cape House Snake, 0.1.0 Western Hognose,
1.0.0 MBK, 0.1.0 Childrens Python, 1.0.0 Nicaraguan Dwarf Boas
0.0.1 Occelated Skink, 1.0.0 Leopard Gecko, 1.0.3 Tarantulas, 0.0.2 Damon diadema
1.0.0 C0ckatiel,

Go to Top of Page

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 29/11/2010 :  09:46:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
lol he looks so funny up there!
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 29/11/2010 :  22:49:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
He managed to get down unaided. I was worried the screw might injure him but he's fine, the screw has been shortened so hopefully he wont do that particular stupid thing again.

Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Budwing Mantis, MAIA

Edited by - lotabob on 29/11/2010 22:50:49
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 30/11/2010 :  09:49:48  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
They will always find a way to do stupid things :) My babies have a habit of climbing up the viv door glass and then they topple over and do it again XD

And yes they certainly do know when they should be fed. I have a couple of beady eyes looking at me now, one of the pairs doesn't get fed for another 3 weeks as well but he knows the rest are getting fed today! and he wants some!

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 30/11/2010 :  10:21:39  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Aww, bless him. I bet he'll be glad when all is back to normal and he can feed and come out again. Bet you will be too.

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000