New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

NatashaK
Egg

United Kingdom
95 Posts

Posted - 27/11/2010 :  22:14:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I always find Alice sitting in the same spot in his faun. I thought he might be bored so I put some new hides in for him, he does explore for a bit but as soon as I go to check on him again he's in his little spot.

Do your snakes have a favourite spot in their vivs/fauns or is my little boy a bit odd?

Tash :)

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 27/11/2010 :  23:06:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Spot hangs around a piece of driftwood almost exclusively, he's either there or climbing these days (including climbing on and inside the bulb guard). He explored loads before but now I think he is just content to just relax in a good spot.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

32 Posts

Posted - 27/11/2010 :  23:06:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yep!

Noodle wont been seen dead anywhere else apart from his vines. :L

1.0.0 - Corn snake - Noodle
2.0.0 Cats (Tango and Ozzy)
2.0.0 guinea pigs (Salt and Peppa)

Go to Top of Page

tehbunneh
Hatchling

United Kingdom
390 Posts

Posted - 27/11/2010 :  23:12:55  Show Profile  Visit tehbunneh's Homepage  Send tehbunneh an AOL message  Click to see tehbunneh's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I have four very different lads, one more so then the others!

Ripley is very... how should I put it... Lazy. He is usually in one of two places in his viv; he's either in the hot end kitchen roll tube, curled up right at the end so he can watch Stephen Fry (his favourite past time) or curled up in the hot end under his teepee (a little reed bird nesting box I bought as a hide for him). He has been in his teepee perhaps twice, maybe three times. I NEVER find him in the cold end. I guess he just prefers to be warm!

Widget, however, NEVER uses the hides provided him. He would much rather bury himself in the warm or cold end, but a lot of the time I will find him in the cool end under his water bowl. I'm not sure why he does it, he's the only one that does, and the temps are all a'ok, I just think he prefers to be cooler then warmer. He's also very grumpy (went for me again today the little sod), so I wonder if he just prefers to be cold so he can be grumpy? I dunno, he's a weird one, lol!

Dexter, the newest addition, is also pretty odd. Doesn't often use a hide, instead will sit mostly on top of the substrate at the warm end. He occasionally uses a toilet roll tube, and very rarely his coconut hide, but I guess he doesn't mind being looking in on, and is pretty comfortable uncovered.

Boa, however, is the odd one out. His main hobby is going round and round and round and round. If me and my other half are in the room, you can bet your ass he's waiting for us to go and get him! He's the smallest, and I hardly ever see him in one spot. If I do, its occasionally curled up in the warm end, on top of the substrate. Mostly, though, he's dangling in his water bowl, hanging from the small lip in the box, weaving round and round the water bowl or just tapping his head on the lid in the middle of the box. He's, suffice to say, a sociable little chap XD

EMZ - WORCESTER, UK

3.2.0 Corn Snakes
Conan (CB09 Carolina); Ripley (CB09 Ghost); Widget (CB09 Hypo Pewter); Dexter (CB10 Granite); Boa'tata (CB10 Bloodred)
0.1.0 Taiwanese Beauty
Taiki (CB11)
1.0.0 Mexican Black Kingsnake
Tanis (CB10)
0.0.1 Amazon Tree Boa
Winston (CB??)
Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 27/11/2010 :  23:33:01  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
my pair of everglades are soooo predictable, if I can't see them then I know they are under their water bowls :)

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 28/11/2010 :  10:30:54  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
My Sid loves the cool end hide, Cleo is normally in her tree, Phoebe has a flowerpot, Sultan will chill anywhere and Penny has a cricket feeder that was intended for the bearded dragons until she claimed it! All different.

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 28/11/2010 :  13:49:09  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by eeji

my pair of everglades are soooo predictable, if I can't see them then I know they are under their water bowls :)

Perhaps they are hinting at a bigger pool is needed :p

3 of my guys do :) one isn't fussed! Char loves the cold end, even though it is like 15c inside now but she is always in her snake cave. For her to ever use the hot end after she's eaten, I have to take snake cave away and then she never uses the hot hide but just jumps into the bushes.and glares at me from them lol.

Venom if not staring at me, he has his bum in his cold hide and the rest of him is out of the side and along the front of the viv with him being half off and half on the heat mat. He will also sometimes proper his head up to sleep with the runners.

Rattles is always in his warm coconut.

Ember just sleeps everywhere, coconut, dustbin and under a middle wooden hide.

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

lrv2307
Yearling

United Kingdom
863 Posts

Posted - 28/11/2010 :  15:40:46  Show Profile  Click to see lrv2307's MSN Messenger address  Send lrv2307 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
At the moment, ive only had morgana for four days lol, shes in hiding most of the time, at the warm end under the aspen, but as soon as she hears me close she will pop her head up and have a nose, so i think she is settling in ok, just a bit of a quiet one

and hell only had her 4 days and already starting to plan for my second snake lol....aarrrgggg

lrv (louise)
Uxbridge, Middlesex
0.1.0 snow - morgana
0.1.0 cali banded king - boudica
0.0.1 crested gecko - galaxy
** wish list**
ghost corn
anery corn
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly