Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 25/11/2010 :  17:03:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tap water is 100% safe, any faffing about with filters, boiling, distilling, and standing is a waste of your time. The effects of all of those will have such a small effect on the waters composition its not worth even bothering. And I can assure you bacteria can grow even in the dark, blacking out a bottle may arrest algae growth but so will changing the water every day. When they say give your snake fresh water every day they mean FRESH, UK water doesn't need fiddled with.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 25/11/2010 :  17:15:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks like I have started a good thread here! I think seeing as most of you give your snakes water straight from the tap, with no ill effects, then I will do that.

Cant be bothered with boiling and standing it if there is no point :o)
Go to Top of Page

lrv2307
Yearling

United Kingdom
863 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2010 :  12:43:45  Show Profile  Click to see lrv2307's MSN Messenger address  Send lrv2307 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tiffany-x

Hard water helps to prevent heart disease so be grateful! And as for sitting it, it will become a bit poo, cause water need to be flowing to stay fresh, and "degassing" for chlorine, chlorine in the amounts it is in water, it is just so minimal, if there were high levels in tap water we would be dead! :D Chlorine is extremely dangerous as a gas, which when boiled would leave the water, hence killing anyone owning a kettle, and it would also evaporate out of the water naturally. I dont think water can do much harm, BUT if you are concerned I recommend boiling, standing shouldnt make much difference and as lotabob said it will certainly increase bacteria. :) I hope this helps you.

just as an add to this, after working for thames water for a few years
tap water does actually only have a shelf life (if standing in a bottle in the fridge) of 3 days
better off just giving fresh tap water, thats been run through to get rid of the stagnant bit out the pipes

Tiffany-x

lrv (louise)
Uxbridge, Middlesex
0.1.0 snow - morgana
0.1.0 cali banded king - boudica
0.0.1 crested gecko - galaxy
** wish list**
ghost corn
anery corn
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page