New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 21/11/2010 :  19:08:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yay, was feeding Spot and he half heartedly struck and then attempted his first constriction. It was a good first attempt but nowhere near perfect but very excited he's learning to be a snake.

I grabbed the camera and filmed it so a youtube link will follow in 10-15 years (the time it takes a youtube upload).

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky

Tiffany-x
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1189 Posts

Posted - 21/11/2010 :  19:35:27  Show Profile  Click to see Tiffany-x's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Aww, thats great news! Well done spot! :D
Tiffany-x

Go to Top of Page

Mort13
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5599 Posts

Posted - 21/11/2010 :  20:36:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cool!! Your little babies growing up!!

3.1.0 Corn snakes, 1.0.0 T-Albino Cape House Snake, 0.1.0 Western Hognose,
1.0.0 MBK, 0.1.0 Childrens Python, 1.0.0 Nicaraguan Dwarf Boas
0.0.1 Occelated Skink, 1.0.0 Leopard Gecko, 1.0.3 Tarantulas, 0.0.2 Damon diadema
1.0.0 C0ckatiel,

Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 21/11/2010 :  20:43:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It was actually quite a poor effort after watching the video off my phone. He was squeezing the mouse he got that bit right but everything else was all over the place. I missed his first attempt but I gave the mouse a wiggle once I got the camera and he went for it again. Does it normally take practice or is he just useless at snake stuff?

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

Go to Top of Page

Tiffany-x
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1189 Posts

Posted - 21/11/2010 :  20:47:48  Show Profile  Click to see Tiffany-x's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I dunno if it takes practice, but Im sure he will get better, although its instinct so is walking for anything with legs, but that takes time to perfect doesnt it. Sorry if this is incorrect, Im just trying to use logic to find an answer, I LOVE logic! :P
Tiffany-x

Go to Top of Page

Mort13
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5599 Posts

Posted - 21/11/2010 :  21:09:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
At least he made an attempt bless him!! Looking sorward to seeing the video. Loki shows no interest in constricting at all,lazy little snake. I think Falcor will be first!!

3.1.0 Corn snakes, 1.0.0 T-Albino Cape House Snake, 0.1.0 Western Hognose,
1.0.0 MBK, 0.1.0 Childrens Python, 1.0.0 Nicaraguan Dwarf Boas
0.0.1 Occelated Skink, 1.0.0 Leopard Gecko, 1.0.3 Tarantulas, 0.0.2 Damon diadema
1.0.0 C0ckatiel,

Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 21/11/2010 :  21:44:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Spot has never even hinted at a constriction before but decided to have a go. His first one was a lazy bite and then mad flapping/spinning, by then I'd got the camera, turned it on, pulled on the mouses foot to make it wiggle and he did some more flapping. Was very funny.

Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Budwing Mantis, MAIA

Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 22/11/2010 :  01:13:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Popped the video in its rightful place, the video section.

Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Budwing Mantis, MAIA

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000