New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Katie.Dublin
Sub Adult

Ireland
1560 Posts

Posted - 14/11/2010 :  15:17:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was hunting yesterday, and decided to host a bit of a soiré afterwards for the gang! Two of the guys wanted to see the snakes, so i brought them upstairs to see take them out. One of them had Spunky in his hands, and all she kept doing was trying to climb over to me, even when me and the OTHER guy swapped places! Is it cause she knows my smell do you think? I tend to be under the impression that snakes don't care about us!

0.1 normal (Miami) - Hugo
0.1 hypo Motley - Spunky
0.1 MBK - Tequila. RIP
Horses, bearded dragons, a red tailed boa constrictor, a tortoise, a cat and a dog

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 14/11/2010 :  16:07:20  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Mine do that too, apart from Venom he doesn't seem to care! I think it's cause they know that your smell is safe and they don't know what the other smells mean.

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

drchino
Yearling

United Kingdom
660 Posts

Posted - 14/11/2010 :  16:56:18  Show Profile  Visit drchino's Homepage  Reply with Quote
When my girlfriend holds Izzy she always comes back to me to explore! Although if she's held her for a while first then she's not so bothered about me.

0.1.0 Izzy - Amber Motley Corn
0.2.0 White rats - Rose and Myra
0.0.1 Crested Gecko - Yoshi
Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 14/11/2010 :  17:14:38  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Mine all prefer to be with me. I think it probably is the security of our own smells. Plus we are confident handling snakes and they pick up on such things. Just my humble opinion....

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 14/11/2010 :  23:01:42  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Mine are the same. I have to reassure people that it's not that the snake doesn't like them, it's that my smell is safe for them

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000