green snake
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rachiepotatoe
Hatchling

United Kingdom
393 Posts

Posted - 27/10/2010 :  20:35:17  Show Profile  Click to see rachiepotatoe's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
My bf is looking at getting a snake, a small one because he lives in a flat with someone else
I've just been begging him to get a corn ( I even offered to buy it for him!! )
But no. he wants a green snake (grass snake? o.O) i'm not entirely sure (not a green tree python though haha )
but if anyone has one, or has info on keeping one could you let me know please? and are they hard to keep? I told him corns are easiest, but he is in love with these green snakes...
from what I've read they don't make brilliant pets :S

help would be appreciated!! :)

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 27/10/2010 :  20:54:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Green snake? That will be a common name for loads of species. Ask him what the scientific name is.

Go to Top of Page

Tiffany-x
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1189 Posts

Posted - 27/10/2010 :  21:00:05  Show Profile  Click to see Tiffany-x's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
If you mean a smooth/rough green snake Im not too sure about care but I have the feeling that they arent too difficult, if not I have no idea. :P But he such just get a green tree python, they are stunning creatures. Id love one, maybe one day. :/ :P
Tiffany-x

Go to Top of Page

rachiepotatoe
Hatchling

United Kingdom
393 Posts

Posted - 27/10/2010 :  21:12:00  Show Profile  Click to see rachiepotatoe's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
yeah he doesn't know , he just said it was a 'green snake' :\
Tiffany I thought it was the rough/smooth one too that he's on about, I think it is (don't worry he isn't as stupid as I'm making him out to be) haha

Go to Top of Page

Tiffany-x
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1189 Posts

Posted - 27/10/2010 :  21:27:13  Show Profile  Click to see Tiffany-x's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
No I understand, sometimes I see things and either forget what they are called or not pay attention and then not have a clue when I want to explain it. If it is then the best thing to do is to just google it, something like smooth(or rough) green snake caare sheet, thats how I found this place. :) I hope you figure it out. They are stunning snakes so I can understand why, if thats the one he wants. :P
Tiffany-x

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 27/10/2010 :  21:39:55  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Could even be the aurora snake, he REALLY needs to be more specific.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

rachiepotatoe
Hatchling

United Kingdom
393 Posts

Posted - 27/10/2010 :  22:28:04  Show Profile  Click to see rachiepotatoe's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
They eat insects...if that helps haha
I think he means the rough/smooth things.. o.O

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 28/10/2010 :  07:47:25  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
some ratsnakes are green, japanese, 4 lined, rhino........

there's also P. baroni........

google is your friend lol get him to ID it from pics

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

Tiffany-x
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1189 Posts

Posted - 28/10/2010 :  08:30:19  Show Profile  Click to see Tiffany-x's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I love Rhino ratsnakes, the place I am planning on get my snake from has a pair and they are so unusual and stunning looking! :P
Tiffany-x

Go to Top of Page

rachiepotatoe
Hatchling

United Kingdom
393 Posts

Posted - 28/10/2010 :  09:10:43  Show Profile  Click to see rachiepotatoe's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
This might be an easier question ... what's the easiest green coloured snake to keep as a pet?
This all started from seeing a green tree python when we went to Budapest I think...

If he decides to get one I'd like to buy it him for his birthday and christmas...it's either that or a king or milk snake he wants

Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 28/10/2010 :  10:42:32  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
There is an article about a green snake that eats insects in the reptile magazine this month but I can't remember what it was called. I was just browsing at the newsagent, haven't got a copy to refer to. Maybe somebody on here has a copy to check?

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

crazy JJ
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2326 Posts

Posted - 28/10/2010 :  12:53:44  Show Profile  Click to see crazy JJ's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
me thinks get a king snakie :D i havnt got one mind but woullldddd reallllllyyy love one :)

2.5 corns 2.0 cali kings 1.0 tange hondo milk 1.0 apricot pueblan milk 1.0 royal (overgrown slug) 0.1 tarantula 1.0 chinchilla chico, 0.1 goldfish tigger 0.0.4 minows 0.2 cats fudge and porsha and 0.3.2 tarantula’s that are my mummys
r.i.p to the lil ones that i and mummy have lost recently
Go to Top of Page

FiestaSTLou
Yearling

United Kingdom
556 Posts

Posted - 28/10/2010 :  15:18:50  Show Profile  Visit FiestaSTLou's Homepage  Click to see FiestaSTLou's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
the fella bought a copy a a week n half ago ill hav a look in it tonigh to see if thats the issue ;)

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000