Tiko Shed
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lucyloop
Hatchling

United Kingdom
265 Posts

Posted - 24/10/2010 :  21:03:04  Show Profile  Visit lucyloop's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well, he has only been here 24hrs but we nipped out to visit someone and when we got back Tiko has shed! All in one piece and 34" so I am really pleased. I had wondered why he hadnt used the hot side of his tank. After he had shed he was sat in the water bowl - is that usual?

BTW thanks guys for all your advice so far, its very helpful
Lucy
x

stotty01
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1168 Posts

Posted - 24/10/2010 :  21:10:48  Show Profile  Click to see stotty01's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
yeah its fine for them to sit in the water bowl, probably just feels better that the skins off :)

my aunties, bestfriends, hairdressers, friends boyfriend had a snake and it stretched out to measure him to eat him......true story.....
1.0.0 tortoise
1.0.0 sinaloan milk snake
1.0.0 jack russel
0.1.0 anery corn medusa
1.0.0 snow corn abomninable
0.1.0 royal python priscilla
http://www.youtube.com/user/stotty01 dads youtube channel

Tail n scales, Linton, Cambs, CB21 4XN, Tel no 01223 893 508 http://www.tails-n-scales.co.uk/

wish list: boa!
Go to Top of Page

elament
Yearling

United Kingdom
942 Posts

Posted - 25/10/2010 :  13:12:52  Show Profile  Send elament a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
never had either of mine spend any time in their water bowl however one thing you will quickly realise is they are all individuals and have individual traits. You may find he likes a dip in his new skin!

1.1.0 Amel Corns Colin and Xena
1.0.0 Dog Talan
1.1.0 Cats Wotsit and Willow
1.0.0 Ferret Chaos

Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 25/10/2010 :  13:26:41  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
How cute, bless him. Glad the shedding went ok. Have you checked for eye caps and tip of tail? I'm sure you have but just thought I'd mention it in case you'd forgotten in all the excitment!

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

lucyloop
Hatchling

United Kingdom
265 Posts

Posted - 25/10/2010 :  14:49:35  Show Profile  Visit lucyloop's Homepage  Reply with Quote
hi all, thanks for replies, yes both eye caps and tail tip are on the shed, i was so proud of him after only 24 hours with us - I am becoming obsessed, you all said it would happen and it has!
He really has started to show his personality and watches us more than we watch him. Can wait for feeding at the weekend - will try to get pics.
Thanks again
Lucy (proud snake mommy)
Go to Top of Page

lucyloop
Hatchling

United Kingdom
265 Posts

Posted - 25/10/2010 :  14:55:23  Show Profile  Visit lucyloop's Homepage  Reply with Quote
oh and i nearly forgot, he did a poop aswell last night - now this is really sad...i was so proud!!! gotta dash, the men with white coats are here!
Go to Top of Page

Mort13
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5599 Posts

Posted - 25/10/2010 :  20:29:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lol,the first poo is so exciting isn't it!! Sounds like your snakes cast a spell on you too

3.1.0 Corn snakes, 1.0.0 T-Albino Cape House Snake, 0.1.0 Western Hognose,
1.0.0 MBK, 0.1.0 Childrens Python, 1.0.0 Nicaraguan Dwarf Boas
0.0.1 Occelated Skink, 1.0.0 Leopard Gecko, 1.0.3 Tarantulas, 0.0.2 Damon diadema
1.0.0 C0ckatiel,

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000