Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 20/10/2010 :  22:56:12  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Bandwagon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ELEVENTY ONE!!11!

Anyone else wanna join in and start giving grief/input on something they've seemingly ignored??
If so, feel free to email me, Kehhlyr [AT] weneedcake.co.uk and I shall happily set you straight on how I feel about these things somewhere that's totally unrelated and not linked to the forum at all.
Then feel free to come back and post.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Edited by - Kehhlyr on 20/10/2010 22:59:25
Go to Top of Page

a33272
our battery charger

United Kingdom
3063 Posts

Posted - 20/10/2010 :  23:48:36  Show Profile  Visit a33272's Homepage  Send a33272 an AOL message  Click to see a33272's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
wow why havnt i seen this thread yet, what have i missed whats been deleted so far lol

ok so are all the teddies back in there prams now so we can get back on track with this one

0.1.0 creamsicle corn-Marmalade
1.0.0 jungle carpet python-Bumble
1.0.0 corn Casper

Go to Top of Page

Katie.Dublin
Sub Adult

Ireland
1560 Posts

Posted - 21/10/2010 :  00:23:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kehhlyr

Bandwagon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ELEVENTY ONE!!11!

haha the forum is rather amusing tonight! People hopping on their high horse all over the place!

0.1 normal (Miami) - Hugo
0.1 hypo Motley - Spunky
0.1 MBK - Tequila. RIP
Horses, bearded dragons, a red tailed boa constrictor, a tortoise, a cat and a dog
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

31 Posts

Posted - 21/10/2010 :  00:52:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ok, i have bought a stat today for my heat mat, i have put a light lair of aspen bedding over the heat mat so i don't block the heat coming from it, now i have a question about a hide...should i put one hide over the heat pad or no?

What people have identified my corns as.

0.1.0 - Rosie - Caramel or Hypo Motley
1.0.0 - Houdini - Amber or Caramel
1.0.0 - Dorky - Ghost
1.0.0 - Casper - Snow
0.1.0 - Candy - Amel
1.0.0 - Bandit - Anery
1.0.0 - Albie - Butter
Go to Top of Page

mikeyd_26
Yearling

United Kingdom
716 Posts

Posted - 21/10/2010 :  01:00:07  Show Profile  Click to see mikeyd_26's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
yeah put 1 or even a couple over the heat mat - it will give the snakies some were warm to hide :)

0.1.0 amel - TaLuLa
0.1.0 anery motley het amel, hypo - Bo
1.0.0 vanishing stripe unknown - Marley
1.0.0 hogg island boa - Iggy
0.1.0 hogg island boa - Luna
0.1.0 royal python - Buttons!
1.0.0 royal python 66% het albino - Steve
0.1.0 leopard gecko - Sheila
millions of beardies!
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 21/10/2010 :  01:03:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm a newbie when it comes to snakes but I think going back a few steps the point to be VERY clear about is any heat source not regulated by a stat is dangerous be it a mat, bulb or both.

The 'how many' debate is personal preference, I would only keep 1 or 2 to a suitably sized enclosure (my preference only and I only have 1) but the reptile shop that I visit has loads together and they are happy adults. So as long as the snake isn't stressed by its environment then all is well.

Sticking to the facts and leaving preference out would be more helpful to new people like me who for the most part has found this site very helpful but even here contradictions do crop up, suppose thats the beauty of such a versatile and lovely snake.

So stop your bickering we are all here because we love our snakes.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 21/10/2010 :  07:37:49  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Decadence

Well the hygrometer will control humidity and heat

a hygrometer will do no such thing i'm afraid, it will MEASURE humidity and not control anything at all.

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

a33272
our battery charger

United Kingdom
3063 Posts

Posted - 21/10/2010 :  08:39:52  Show Profile  Visit a33272's Homepage  Send a33272 an AOL message  Click to see a33272's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Decadence

ok, i have bought a stat today for my heat mat, i have put a light lair of aspen bedding over the heat mat so i don't block the heat coming from it, now i have a question about a hide...should i put one hide over the heat pad or no?

im guessing u have moved the heatmat to the underside of your glass tank now??
most people have 2 hides one in hot and one in cold end i do and both get used, where do u have the probs for the thermostat and didgital temp gauge??

0.1.0 creamsicle corn-Marmalade
1.0.0 jungle carpet python-Bumble
1.0.0 corn Casper

Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 21/10/2010 :  09:32:17  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I would have more than one hide over the heatmat, because you have more than one snake. It will give them other places to go and may help with them competing for space.

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 21/10/2010 :  10:17:47  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
very good point DB, there should be at least the same number of hides in each end as there are snakes in the viv ie. 3 snakes should have 3 warm hides and 3 cool hides.

Go to Top of Page

ryanred5
Hatchling

United Kingdom
254 Posts

Posted - 21/10/2010 :  15:02:58  Show Profile  Visit ryanred5's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ryanred5

I agree with Tiffany, you have 7 Corns in one viv which is way too many.

You'd be be better taking them back to where you got them from and ask them to keep them for you whilst you sort all their housing out.

I've just read whats been said on this thread and it got a bit out of hand.

My comments weren't meant to come across as offensive and I'm sorry if you took offence from reading them. I just meant that you should ask the pet store to mind your snakes whilst you built other vivs.

Again I'm sorry to have caused offence.

Best wishes

Catherine xx

0.1 Bloodred Cornsnake - Phoenix
1.0 Amel Cornsnake - Tango
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 21/10/2010 :  15:37:22  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
ryanred i actually thought it was a very good suggestion and tactfully put too

Go to Top of Page

Tiffany-x
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1189 Posts

Posted - 21/10/2010 :  16:20:40  Show Profile  Click to see Tiffany-x's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Ok hold on, so I get a whole heap of glittery mud from you guys for saying nothing but someone else says something more than I did and that was ok? I dont think so some how.

Edited by - Kehhlyr on 21/10/2010 19:46:15
Go to Top of Page

ryanred5
Hatchling

United Kingdom
254 Posts

Posted - 21/10/2010 :  17:30:09  Show Profile  Visit ryanred5's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Tiff I think both our posts were taken the wrong way although they weren't intended to.

I've been on the end of nasty posts on a few other forums I go on and it isn't nice at all, hence why I don't post like that and tbh Tiffs posts weren't offensive either but with the written word different people can take them the wrong way.

Best wishes

Catherine xx

0.1 Bloodred Cornsnake - Phoenix
1.0 Amel Cornsnake - Tango
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 22/10/2010 :  09:10:44  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Tiff, i don't have a problem with anything you've said either hun

i think decadence's posts are almost trolling...........

Edited by - gingerpony on 22/10/2010 09:12:04
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

9 Posts

Posted - 22/10/2010 :  15:36:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
DECADENCE...
I read this entire thread and I'm not sure what you finally decided to do with your UTH. If you really don't want to attach it to the tank (because you might want to move it later?), you can always attach it to an appropriately sized piece of glass (with safe edges, of course) or Plexiglas. That way, you can move it around where ever you want. Just be sure to allow a bit of a gap under your tank so the UTH doesn't overheat.

Evie's Mom ~ 0.1.0 Okeetee Corn Snake, 0.1.0 Akita/Husky Rescue, 1.0 Betta, 0.0.1 N.M. millipede rescue, 0.0.3 minnows
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 22/10/2010 :  17:23:30  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Oh wow the Drama on here is even better than a game forum <3 let's all spam and flame one another <3

And to actually your question, yes put it over the heatmat like Danny said. It weighs the heat mat down, making better contact between the surfaces so the heatmat work good. Although I'm not sure if you have a glass tank or not? Well I know you do but I don't know if your meaning you plastic or glass one if that makes any sense.

If you haven't got a digital thermometer, try ebay or something. The aquarium ones work a treat!

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000