New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

AngelX
Hatchling

United Kingdom
252 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2010 :  19:55:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry for another post!! But I really am desperate to know whether or not you can breed corn snakes early..? I was thinking early November? As I really can't wait, & My LRS Said that it was okk to breed them whenever, but on here it has said otherwise, so any replies would be appreciated!

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2010 :  20:03:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AngelX

Sorry for another post!! But I really am desperate to know whether or not you can breed corn snakes early..? I was thinking early November? As I really can't wait, & My LRS Said that it was okk to breed them whenever, but on here it has said otherwise, so any replies would be appreciated!

why cant you wait, One of the biggest things about breeding snakes is Patience.

Why open another thread to ask the same question, have patience

Go to Top of Page

AngelX
Hatchling

United Kingdom
252 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2010 :  20:16:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yehh Sorry I am A first time breeder so I want everything perfect so I'm not sure when i should breed them, I will have to learn to be more patient, Sorry x

Go to Top of Page

AngelX
Hatchling

United Kingdom
252 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2010 :  20:19:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gmac

why cant you wait, One of the biggest things about breeding snakes is Patience.

Why open another thread to ask the same question, have patience

I have tried to delete the other posts aswell but I can't find the delete button, I thought the others didn't really make sense

Go to Top of Page

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2010 :  20:20:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
chill and take you time, its only a few months later so not really a big deal. Use the time wisely to make sure you are completely aware of what you are doing. the actual breeding aspect, incubating, sorting the hatchies feeding, the problem feeders and what you are going when its time for you to sell your snakes is there going to be market for them etc.

Go to Top of Page

AngelX
Hatchling

United Kingdom
252 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2010 :  20:24:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gmac

chill and take you time, its only a few months later so not really a big deal. Use the time wisely to make sure you are completely aware of what you are doing. the actual breeding aspect, incubating, sorting the hatchies feeding, the problem feeders and what you are going when its time for you to sell your snakes is there going to be market for them etc.

Okk thanks I have tried to gather up as much info as possible and
I hope I know enough, I know a few of my friends that want onebut will have to advertise them on all the websites aswell, thanks for the advise

Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2010 :  20:28:20  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
chances are your pair won't be interested in breeding in November, early spring is the best time to try

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

AngelX
Hatchling

United Kingdom
252 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2010 :  20:33:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Really? Okk, Won't pair them just yet, Just out of curiosity, do snakes have their own sort of body clock inside them, so they know when to breed and stuff, confuses me Thanks x

Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2010 :  20:36:20  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AngelX

Really? Okk, Won't pair them just yet, Just out of curiosity, do snakes have their own sort of body clock inside them, so they know when to breed and stuff, confuses me Thanks x

reffering back to eeji's post and them probably not being interested in november and spring being the best time to try, i'd take that as a yes.

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

Go to Top of Page

AngelX
Hatchling

United Kingdom
252 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2010 :  20:49:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry, stupid question, I'm being silly again lol

Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 13/10/2010 :  19:53:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not meaning to slate you in any way, but Angel looks far too small to breed, how old/big (i.e length, weight) is she?

she might be bigger than she looks as the pic maybe out of date, but just thought I'd clarify.
Go to Top of Page

mikerichards
don't say the 'M' word!

United Kingdom
2901 Posts

Posted - 16/10/2010 :  15:19:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pretty sure i said all of the same things you have just been tol, the last time you asked about breeding early.
When i say pretty sure, i mean that i have.
All animals have an internal body clock, they know the seasons, they know the time of year to breed, breeding early means that you wont be hibernating them and therefor not giving them the best possible chance of having a fertile clutch. You bugger it up now, you also screw your chances for doing it at the right time, so just be patient, do it properly, do it right, do it once.

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 16/10/2010 :  17:29:49  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Mine decied to suprised breed in late nov/dec so it's possible. It's probably to do with the house being warmer in the winter than the summer so it might have confused them a bit. I'd wait though, extra time of being prepared and collecting bottle tops and take out tubs.

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

AngelX
Hatchling

United Kingdom
252 Posts

Posted - 21/10/2010 :  16:58:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hillzi

Not meaning to slate you in any way, but Angel looks far too small to breed, how old/big (i.e length, weight) is she?

she might be bigger than she looks as the pic maybe out of date, but just thought I'd clarify.

She does look small in that picture but she is 4ft 2, and is quite heavy, like 700g, but I dont know how old she is

Go to Top of Page

AngelX
Hatchling

United Kingdom
252 Posts

Posted - 21/10/2010 :  17:04:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mikerichards

Pretty sure i said all of the same things you have just been tol, the last time you asked about breeding early.
When i say pretty sure, i mean that i have.
All animals have an internal body clock, they know the seasons, they know the time of year to breed, breeding early means that you wont be hibernating them and therefor not giving them the best possible chance of having a fertile clutch. You bugger it up now, you also screw your chances for doing it at the right time, so just be patient, do it properly, do it right, do it once.

Sorry I won't ask anymore but I haven't realised how much I have gone on about it I am Really Sorry Guys.

But Thank You all for advice and I am taking it on board as much as I can. You have all been really helpful

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

6 Posts

Posted - 25/10/2010 :  17:27:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi im completely new to breeding and was wondering wot time f da year is good or does it matter ?
Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 25/10/2010 :  18:53:26  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by anthonymcd

hi im completely new to breeding and was wondering wot time f da year is good or does it matter ?

erly spring is da best time

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 26/10/2010 :  00:30:05  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
'ROFL' eeji.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000