New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

AngelX
Hatchling

United Kingdom
252 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2010 :  21:19:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have just asked about some breeding questions, and people have said that it doesn't matter if you don't brumate. I know that not Brumating has more chance of infertile eggs and the female doesn't produce as many eggs, but roughly how much is the difference between not brumating & brumating?

I really can't wait to breed my snakes so I was wondering if I could breed them early, seeing as in captivity they wouldn't know what the season was if the temps were the same all round, Or do they have an inbuilt clock in their bodies? I may just be being thick So would it be okk if I try them earlier than February, and if they don't breed just then try it later ?
Thanks for Any Help

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2010 :  23:26:42  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
my 'unbrumated' females lay large 20+ clutches each year, all fertile with a good hatch rate :)

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

17 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2011 :  22:22:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@eeji ..... so you just put the male into the female viv with the smae temp all year ?? and do you still feed her before she lays eggs ?? can you pls tell me how do you breed your cornsnakes ?? thx matt .
Go to Top of Page

Dale-Newby
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
1 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2011 :  21:46:53  Show Profile  Click to see Dale-Newby's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hi, i have 3corns 2females and a male, and i have them togther all year round with the same temps and i've had no luck. but they can breed great without brumating. November last year i placed mine in brumation and it was a nerve recking time for me, as i was worried they would of snuffed it, but i followed the steps correctly and they awoke this feb all fine and well :) my largest female shed druing brumation in january and she is due to shed again which should mean her post-breeding shed. so hopefully. if yours dont breed this year try brumation ano its along time away but do lots of research, heres a usefull site which i used http://www.vmsherp.com/LCBreedingCorns.htmi used this the most but a lot of others too,even this site. just be carefully as different sites say different thing and contradict each other.just learn as much as you can and find what works best for you and your snakes. Hope you do successfully breed them without brumation :)

1 thing you should think of is the Age, Size and Weight before breeding. I think the ideal requirments are Age3 up, 3ft in size and atleast 300grams in weight for females. males can be abit smaller

Edited by - Dale-Newby on 11/02/2011 21:49:24
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000