New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Claude
Egg

United Kingdom
69 Posts

Posted - 30/09/2010 :  18:05:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Found this video on Youtube. Seems to be somewhat of a debate in the comments section whether or not this guy is killing his snakes or not. I was under the impression you should never do what he is doing. What do you think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SK7HimuvIfQ&feature=related

Snakes look pretty dead to me too :(

1.0.0 Snow - Claude
1.1.0 Carolina - Heidar and Suki

WISH LIST - Fire, Sulpher

sly
Hatchling

United Kingdom
273 Posts

Posted - 30/09/2010 :  18:45:11  Show Profile  Click to see sly's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
thats is so cruel :( people like wind me rite up grrrrrrrrrrr

they looked all dead to me looked they was cut open or something :(

James

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 30/09/2010 :  18:52:54  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Sometimes some reptiles do need a bit of assistance in pipping the egg properly. His risk that he had was that when the eggs pipped, they would partially collapse so there would be nearly no air inside the egg. It was vital to the snakes survival (imo) to make sure that they could all breath.
However, it doesn't necessarily mean he was right to do it.

I have a feeling the same vid has been discussed on here in the past as well. :D

/ninja edit

Yup, short thread in January, here: http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7007

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Edited by - Kehhlyr on 30/09/2010 18:55:28
Go to Top of Page

Mort13
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5599 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2010 :  10:08:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Couldn't watch all that,it seemed pretty brutal. What a welcome to the world! I understand that nature sometimes needs a helping hand but that just appeared as if he was showing off to me (hopefully I'm wrong).

3.1.0 Corn snakes, 1.0.0 T-Albino Cape House Snake, 0.1.0 Western Hognose,
1.0.0 MBK, 0.1.0 Childrens Python, 1.0.0 Nicaraguan Dwarf Boas
0.0.1 Occelated Skink, 1.0.0 Leopard Gecko, 1.0.3 Tarantulas, 0.0.2 Damon diadema
1.0.0 C0ckatiel,

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

85 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2010 :  07:19:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
WOW! That is pretty disquisting! Those poor hatchlings. This sick guy, I can't believe the way he's just poking around at them like that. Feel bad for the little guys.

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2010 :  12:05:29  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I still stand by my previous comment on this one, it may look barbaric but is it really any different to a ventouse or any other 'assisted' birth in other species??

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

Scarlett
Hatchling

United Kingdom
363 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2010 :  22:24:35  Show Profile  Visit Scarlett's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ah this old pickle.

I've watched many of their video's before, as I like their snakes and love seeing hatching video's, but I agree that him cutting them open is kinda wrong. He isn't cutting them open in order to help them come out, he's doing it so that his stock is ready sooner rather than later. He makes a lot of money out of selling those snakes on, and it just seems like a business to him.

Kehhlyr - I agree with assisting them if a clutch is pipping, and it seems like some are struggling but cutting them open just because you can seems cruel to me. The only time a woman is cut open during birth is when there are complications or multiple babies. The same goes with any other species really.

0.0.1 Amel Corn -Ember.
1.0.0 Bloodred Corn - Loki.
0.0.1 MBK - Apollo.
1.1.0 Cats - Moggy and Pretty Girl.
0.0.1 Royal Python - Odin R.I.P 20/6/10.
Wishlist = Pied Sided Bloodred, Anery Stripe, Coral Stripe, Bloodred, Green Blotched Snow,
Strawberry Snow Stripe.

Location = Chatham, Kent.
Go to Top of Page

stotty01
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1168 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2010 :  19:29:32  Show Profile  Click to see stotty01's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
ah this guy....seen a post of this on RFUK. apparently he is a 'professional' but as you can see he probably saw a tiny glimpse of life and was like there ready and cut them open! grrrrrrrrrr angry much!!! he makes it worse by yanking them out then shoving them back in probably cutting the poor guys :'(

my aunties, bestfriends, hairdressers, friends boyfriend had a snake and it stretched out to measure him to eat him......true story.....
1.0.0 tortoise
1.0.0 sinaloan milk snake
1.0.0 jack russel
0.1.0 anery corn medusa
1.0.0 snow corn abomninable
0.1.0 royal python priscilla
http://www.youtube.com/user/stotty01 dads youtube channel

Tail n scales, Linton, Cambs, CB21 4XN, Tel no 01223 893 508 http://www.tails-n-scales.co.uk/

wish list: boa!
Go to Top of Page

simonw
Hatchling

United Kingdom
128 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2010 :  13:06:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I saw this video a while back, as I also enjoy hatching videos and did a whole load of YouTube searches. Young animals are actually generally far tougher than most people think.
Midwives yank new born babies clothes off, my baby mice are very tough even after just a few hours...they get troddon on by the mummy mice. Snakes in the wild usually congregate when first hatched and are bashed around by each other. He didn't do anything that would hurt them, unless he were to pull them all the way out prematurely, which he clearly didn't.
I thought it was a fake video at first!
Go to Top of Page

stotty01
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1168 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2010 :  16:59:17  Show Profile  Click to see stotty01's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
but he should of let them come out naturally, not just cut the eggs op and take them out

my aunties, bestfriends, hairdressers, friends boyfriend had a snake and it stretched out to measure him to eat him......true story.....
1.0.0 tortoise
1.0.0 sinaloan milk snake
1.0.0 jack russel
0.1.0 anery corn medusa
1.0.0 snow corn abomninable
0.1.0 royal python priscilla
http://www.youtube.com/user/stotty01 dads youtube channel

Tail n scales, Linton, Cambs, CB21 4XN, Tel no 01223 893 508 http://www.tails-n-scales.co.uk/

wish list: boa!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000