Corn Snake Health
 What can it be? Scaring?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Sika
Hatchling

350 Posts

Posted - 27/09/2010 :  16:46:52  Show Profile  Visit Sika's Homepage  Click to see Sika's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hi.
I have noticed that Aia has kind of a tiny line on her stomach but over her cloaca. Bought her as being a checked female. Can she be a male - how does the opening to male snakes hemipenes look on the outside?.

Can't get it to show on camera cause she's so little and her belly so white.
But it's just like 19 mm long and a bit grayish. She eats, poops and thrives as she should og doesn't mind if I touch it .

She has shed twice since I first noticed but can se it on her sheddings...

Can it be a scar from before I got her? Can she be a he?

Sika

0.1 Corn snake - Motley Sunglow (Aia)
1.0 Hognose - normal (Vitus)

Sika
Hatchling

350 Posts

Posted - 27/09/2010 :  16:49:41  Show Profile  Visit Sika's Homepage  Click to see Sika's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
(just measured with a ruler - think I exaggerated a bit: it's more like around 11 mm)

Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 27/09/2010 :  17:57:57  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Mine have the same. think its something to do with the umbilical cord although i may be very wrong lol.

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

Sika
Hatchling

350 Posts

Posted - 27/09/2010 :  18:14:30  Show Profile  Visit Sika's Homepage  Click to see Sika's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Okay thanks - good to hear that it can be normal xD

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 27/09/2010 :  22:35:36  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sika

Hi.
I have noticed that Aia has kind of a tiny line on her stomach but over her cloaca. Bought her as being a checked female. Can she be a male - how does the opening to male snakes hemipenes look on the outside?.

Does sound like what is essentially the 'belly button'.
As for the opening for a males hemipene, it's exactly the same as any other snake.
The hemipenes are inside the body, just after the cloaca in the 'tail' section. When they are needed, they'll just pop out of the cloaca.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

Sika
Hatchling

350 Posts

Posted - 27/09/2010 :  22:48:58  Show Profile  Visit Sika's Homepage  Click to see Sika's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the answer - really nice to be sure what it is, even though there's no problem...

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000