News on the corn!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

177 Posts

Posted - 26/09/2010 :  21:13:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i posted on here few days ago about my corn with a suspected broken spine and it wasnt looking too good...

well went to the vets friday and he has had an xray. he has about 20 broken ribs! still not sure how its happened.

anyway as he is ok in himself and moving around etc he came home. the vet was just concerned whether he could feed like this.

fed him a pinky yesterday (start small as he is sore) and he ate it. ive checked its gone down and not been regurgitated or anything and so far so good!

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 26/09/2010 :  21:34:21  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
that's great news

there's a surprising number of snakes out there with similar kind of injuries who continue to thrive and do well

keep us posted on progress though - i'm nosey lol

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 26/09/2010 :  21:38:35  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Glad the feeding went well. Corns keep proving how hardy they are. Please keep us posted on how he is doing and let us see some pics :)

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

177 Posts

Posted - 26/09/2010 :  21:52:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i will try to put some pics on ASAP! need to find the lead for my camera though...
Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 26/09/2010 :  22:32:24  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Aww, poor little guy. Glad he's feeding though.

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 27/09/2010 :  04:17:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know it seems strange saying that it is good news Anna, considering he has about 20 broken ribs ....but it could have been so much worse!

KdLang is right about how hardy corns are and GP is definitely the expert to listen to - so if she says 'there's a surprising number of snakes out there with similar kind of injuries who continue to thrive and do well' then she means it and it is really positive news for your snake.

The fact that he has eaten is really encouraging and I guess it is now just a case of slow and steady with feeding and lots of tender loving care (no problem there ). I still cant get over the fact that you were virtually accused to damaging him, although it must be really aggravating not knowing how it happened. But all that is important now is that his spine isnt broken, he is ok in himself and moving around, he has eaten....and he has you to care for him.

xxx

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 27/09/2010 :  08:04:14  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i'm sure the vet/discharging nurse will have mentioned something along the lines of: providing there's enough structure provided by the damaged ribs that the internal organs are still protected and most impotantly, functioning properly, there's a good chance for him

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

crazy JJ
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2326 Posts

Posted - 27/09/2010 :  14:21:18  Show Profile  Click to see crazy JJ's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
naww bless him but glad he ok and eating :)
keep us posted

2.5 corns 2.0 cali kings 1.0 tange hondo milk 1.0 apricot pueblan milk 1.0 royal (overgrown slug) 0.1 tarantula 1.0 chinchilla chico, 0.1 goldfish tigger 0.0.4 minows 0.2 cats fudge and porsha and 0.3.2 tarantula’s that are my mummys
r.i.p to the lil ones that i and mummy have lost recently
Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 27/09/2010 :  18:24:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
glad hes eating ok still
sounds like hes got a good home with you though - keep us updated

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 27/09/2010 :  18:55:41  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hope he get's better. Must have been very surprising for you.

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

177 Posts

Posted - 29/09/2010 :  11:07:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Latest update....
He has now eaten a second pinky! Took it almost straight away. And actually seems to be feeding better than before!!?? He never used to take food from the tweezers...
Anyway so far so good!!

Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 29/09/2010 :  11:23:45  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by annac21

Latest update....
He has now eaten a second pinky! Took it almost straight away. And actually seems to be feeding better than before!!?? He never used to take food from the tweezers...
Anyway so far so good!!

That's great news. I'm so pleased for you, and him!

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000