Its pay day!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

FiestaSTLou
Yearling

United Kingdom
556 Posts

Posted - 16/09/2010 :  10:34:51  Show Profile  Visit FiestaSTLou's Homepage  Click to see FiestaSTLou's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
which means i can start spending my hard earned money on our new arrival next weekend! :)

Im getting all the stuff now so its all ready for her when she comes home on sunday evening..

I already have a rub which cecil used to use when he was a baby so on my checklist is:

matstat
heatmat
water bowl
hides

I need to do it as cheaply as possible (I have around £50) most important is the matstat and heatmat.. the rest i could get from donny next week, i just would prefer to have the temps all set up and right so shes ready to go in there as its a long journey home!

So if anyone can recomend a good site i can get it all from please let me know, i remember there was a post recently to a site that was quite cheap but iv searched and coldnt find it (or i could just have been dumb and missed it)

FiestaSTLou
Yearling

United Kingdom
556 Posts

Posted - 16/09/2010 :  10:35:52  Show Profile  Visit FiestaSTLou's Homepage  Click to see FiestaSTLou's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i mean its coming home next week sunday from donny (it wouldnt let me edit it) :D

Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 16/09/2010 :  10:39:20  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
You could try www.bluelizardreptiles.co.uk I've never used them but they have been recommended to me on several occasions.

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

FiestaSTLou
Yearling

United Kingdom
556 Posts

Posted - 16/09/2010 :  10:42:54  Show Profile  Visit FiestaSTLou's Homepage  Click to see FiestaSTLou's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
OO its ok i found it (bluelizard reptiles) lol ok new question... the heat mat which is going under a rub.. theres the habistat ones which say it gives off gentle heat for them to lay under or on top then theres heat stripes ideal for smaller boxes and racks? which one would be best? iv never had to buy one before as all the other snakes i have, have come with them..

Go to Top of Page

hiper2009
Banned

United Kingdom
2197 Posts

Posted - 16/09/2010 :  11:49:21  Show Profile  Click to see hiper2009's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by herriotfan

You could try www.bluelizardreptiles.co.uk I've never used them but they have been recommended to me on several occasions.

That site above is good i ordered over £275+ worth of stuff and all came with next day delivery, Also the company had gave me two free big bags of moss, I contacted them and asked if i had been charged for these extra two bags of moss and they said no it was just a kind thing they did for me i was shocked .

0.0.0 Royal Python Het Pied 100% CB10 - Chaos
1.1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa CB10 - Bow/Mayhem
0.1.0 Cornsnake Amel Het Motley CB10 - Fire
1.0.0 Cornsnake Caramel Het Motley CB09 - Whisky
1.0.0 Cornsnake Snow Het Stripe CB07 - Romeo - R.I.P

1.0.0 Super Golden Labrador Dog CB02 - Bailey

Wish List:
1.2.0 Royal Python - Pastel , Pinstripe , Lesser.
Go to Top of Page

FiestaSTLou
Yearling

United Kingdom
556 Posts

Posted - 16/09/2010 :  12:17:34  Show Profile  Visit FiestaSTLou's Homepage  Click to see FiestaSTLou's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
that sounds brilliant! i wil deffo be using them i cannot beleive how cheap the stats are!! just need to find out about the heat mat and i can put my order on... im getting excited can u tell PMSL!

Go to Top of Page

ryanred5
Hatchling

United Kingdom
254 Posts

Posted - 16/09/2010 :  13:59:26  Show Profile  Visit ryanred5's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi

I use http://www.reptilekeeping.co.uk , they have money off Habistat Mats and Thermostats. Depending on the size of mat you need, there is about £3 or £4 off them. Plus there is free delivery if you spend over £20.

Regarding your question about using a heat mat or heat strip, if you are just heating your new snakes container then get a mat, but if your wanting to heat a few containers then get a strip. Hope that helps.

Best wishes

Catherine xx

0.1 Bloodred Cornsnake - Phoenix
1.0 Amel Cornsnake - Tango
Go to Top of Page

FiestaSTLou
Yearling

United Kingdom
556 Posts

Posted - 16/09/2010 :  14:09:44  Show Profile  Visit FiestaSTLou's Homepage  Click to see FiestaSTLou's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
yep thank u, atm i have a strip which fits both my corns rubs on and i use a matt for cecil the royal, but i did have a strip before for cecil so might be worth getting that as its what i used when i first got him as a baby :)

Go to Top of Page

FiestaSTLou
Yearling

United Kingdom
556 Posts

Posted - 16/09/2010 :  16:36:53  Show Profile  Visit FiestaSTLou's Homepage  Click to see FiestaSTLou's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
ok can some one help me, about a month ago i bought some digi therms off ebay for 3 quid, and they work fine, but iv seen another seller selling them cheaper but he only states their for aquariums.. do u think it will be ok? its identical to the ones i bought? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Aquarium-Digital-LCD-C-F-Mode-Thermometer-Tank-Water-/320585284184?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Fish&hash=item4aa45f3a58

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 16/09/2010 :  16:41:04  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
that looks fine to use

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

FiestaSTLou
Yearling

United Kingdom
556 Posts

Posted - 16/09/2010 :  16:43:31  Show Profile  Visit FiestaSTLou's Homepage  Click to see FiestaSTLou's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
awsome! thank u! i was in a panic then that the ones i got where wronge and giving me wrong temps! lol

Go to Top of Page

FiestaSTLou
Yearling

United Kingdom
556 Posts

Posted - 16/09/2010 :  16:53:45  Show Profile  Visit FiestaSTLou's Homepage  Click to see FiestaSTLou's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
thats 2 new therms bought for (BIG MO) thats what i wanna call the new snakey but my fella wont let me :(

Go to Top of Page

miss_mystra
Hatchling

United Kingdom
127 Posts

Posted - 16/09/2010 :  16:56:34  Show Profile  Visit miss_mystra's Homepage  Reply with Quote
if you wanna save some pennies make some hides out of random things hehe always a fun thing to do a rainy day...god knows we're having a loads of them now!

call him Big Mo anyway... when your fella ain't lookin lol :P

0.0.2 Corn Snakes - Betty (Anery) and Sanchez (Carolina)
1.0.0 - Royal Python - Chancho
Go to Top of Page

Blue Lizard Reptiles
Snake Mite

6 Posts

Posted - 22/09/2010 :  21:11:52  Show Profile  Visit Blue Lizard Reptiles's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ryanred5

Hi

I use http://www.reptilekeeping.co.uk , they have money off Habistat Mats and Thermostats. Depending on the size of mat you need, there is about £3 or £4 off them. Plus there is free delivery if you spend over £20.

You should come to us! We're £5.69 cheaper just on the stat!

Thanks for the nice feed back folks.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000