Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 17/09/2010 :  20:43:35  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Dial thermometers are (in my opinion) about as useful as an ejector seat for a helicopter.
In regards someone said about heat-mats possibly cracking glass, although this has been known to happen it has also only ever happened on unstat'd mats. For it to happen with a mat that is stat'd then something would have to be drastically wrong with the stat/mat.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

mikerichards
don't say the 'M' word!

United Kingdom
2901 Posts

Posted - 17/09/2010 :  23:51:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gregDT

Lastly the temperature of the heat mat shouldn't go much above 30 C. That's actually colder than our own body temperature (37 C) so the heat mat will always feel cool to the touch. I doubt that anything the vivarium is made of (glass, plastic, wood) is going to have a problem with such a low temperature.

not having a dig, but do a little experiment for me, and post the results, i assume you have a digital theremometer, take the probe and hold it in your hand, see what temps your hands are.
I did this a while ago, and i will compare my hand temp to yours.
As i said, its not a dig, but more of a little experiment to prove what you said wrong am afraid! Dont take it personally please.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000