Izzy finds a new hiding spot
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

drchino
Yearling

United Kingdom
660 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2010 :  23:49:03  Show Profile  Visit drchino's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Took these a week or so ago when I moved Izzy out of her faun into her nice new viv! Within about an hour she found her new hiding spot behind the background and then spent the night there!

0.1.0 Izzy - Amber Motley Corn
0.2.0 White rats - Rose and Myra
0.0.1 Crested Gecko - Yoshi

rachiepotatoe
Hatchling

United Kingdom
393 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2010 :  23:57:39  Show Profile  Click to see rachiepotatoe's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Exo terra viv yes?
I despise those backgrounds!!!
I took mine out because Doyle spent the entire time behind it, and he wouldnt come out. After 4 days of not seeing him I got worried, so I took him from behind it myself and as i brushed his head past his water bowl he DARTED for water, poor little fella was so comfy I think he forgot he needed to drink :\
So, me being me, and worrying too much I didn't want to think he was dehydrating behind there.
I brought him new leaves and stuff to make up for it though and made him some cute little loo roll burrows :)

Go to Top of Page

BurnedAtTheStake
Yearling

United Kingdom
915 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2010 :  12:11:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LOL! And the tail ... disappears ... forever ...

Ungrateful little baggage!

Isn't she absolutely gorgeous though? And knows it by the look of her!

(Moi? I don't come out of hiding for anything less than a MOUSE!!)

These new morphs sure have an attitude ...
Go to Top of Page

drchino
Yearling

United Kingdom
660 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2010 :  14:01:35  Show Profile  Visit drchino's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I was worried that she might have got stuck, although I think I agree, they're prob so comfy that they won't come out for anything other than food!

Yeah its exo terra; I've blocked up the back with a cloth now so she can't get down there! I'm sure she hated me at first for it but she's found a new hiding spot now. Although in typical snake diva fashion its under some plants and her vine, despite me spending loads of money on a couple of hides for her!! Even before she found that spot she preferred sleeping in a kitchen roll tube! Cheeky little snake!

Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2010 :  14:27:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i plugged all the gaps with kitchen towel screwed up, although simba has never really shown any interest in going behind there..
snakes are like babies..they never notice the expensive things but will happily go and play with the box

nice pics

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

rachiepotatoe
Hatchling

United Kingdom
393 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2010 :  17:00:59  Show Profile  Click to see rachiepotatoe's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by HannahB

snakes are like babies..they never notice the expensive things but will happily go and play with the box

nice pics

Amen to that.
I spent a fortune on stuff, but i've made a burrow with a toilet roll thingy, and now Doyle just lays in there all day!

Go to Top of Page

drchino
Yearling

United Kingdom
660 Posts

Posted - 13/09/2010 :  00:08:03  Show Profile  Visit drchino's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think its the last time I spent money on hides for her! Although my girlfriend just adopted some rats so I'll have to fight her to get hold of the kitchen and toilet rolls!!

Go to Top of Page

IncurableFlirt
Hatchling

USA
373 Posts

Posted - 13/09/2010 :  02:30:48  Show Profile  Send IncurableFlirt an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Ha ha ha! Those are great pictures. Snakes are so funny, they do the silliest things....or well, it seems silly to us, but makes perfect sense to them. Thanks for sharing!

Jenn.
8.8 Royal Pythons
1.0 BCI Boa
1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa
1.2 Corn Snakes
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000