Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

miss_mystra
Hatchling

United Kingdom
127 Posts

Posted - 31/08/2010 :  17:29:55  Show Profile  Visit miss_mystra's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey everyone!

My names Krista and I've recently moved to London...

I love animals but live in a rented flat... so nothing four legged or furry!

At the moment i just have a fishtank, with a greedy and obese goldfish called Pedro and a mad weather loach, called the Lieutenant...also got an as yet unamed apple snail!

I love snakes, but have never had one... i'm hoping now is the time! I'd love just a normal corn snake to be honest, altho the morphs are all very beatiful...i'd just be picking one based on temprament etc tho tbh

All is left for me to do is ask my landlord if the phrase 'anything in a tank' will stretch to snakes... cross your fingers everyone! :s

0.0.2 Corn Snakes - Betty (Anery) and Sanchez (Carolina)
1.0.0 - Royal Python - Chancho

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 31/08/2010 :  17:37:06  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
To be honest, if he has said anything in a tank, then i'd take that as permission.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

miss_mystra
Hatchling

United Kingdom
127 Posts

Posted - 31/08/2010 :  17:48:29  Show Profile  Visit miss_mystra's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kehhlyr

To be honest, if he has said anything in a tank, then i'd take that as permission.

haha i would love to take what he said at face value! but it took us ages to get somewhere to live as flats round here get snapped up and we've been really lucky to get this one... so would like to stay put...and don't wanna have to rehome a snake i haven't had very long as it's not fair... i want this to be its forever home!

Go to Top of Page

Tiffany-x
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1189 Posts

Posted - 31/08/2010 :  18:06:57  Show Profile  Click to see Tiffany-x's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Ooh waiting for a snake like me! I have my fingers crossed for you! :D Good luck!!!
Tiffany-x

Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 31/08/2010 :  18:35:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey and welcome
out of interest where abouts in london are you? we are in west london hoping to move elsewhere but flats are really expensive over this side lol plus we wouldnt mind a nicer landlord than the one we have now!!

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 31/08/2010 :  19:22:13  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hi, welcome to the forum

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

Go to Top of Page

drchino
Yearling

United Kingdom
660 Posts

Posted - 31/08/2010 :  20:48:00  Show Profile  Visit drchino's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi! My landlord doesn't know about mine yet either! I may just chuck a sheet over her tank during the estate agents yearly inspection and just claim it's my girlfriends artwork that is private! Should do the trick!

0.1.0 Izzy - Amber Motley Corn
0.2.0 White rats - Rose and Myra
0.0.1 Crested Gecko - Yoshi
Go to Top of Page

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 31/08/2010 :  20:54:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi and welcome, also good luck

Go to Top of Page

miss_mystra
Hatchling

United Kingdom
127 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2010 :  13:50:41  Show Profile  Visit miss_mystra's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by HannahB

hey and welcome
out of interest where abouts in london are you? we are in west london hoping to move elsewhere but flats are really expensive over this side lol plus we wouldn't mind a nicer landlord than the one we have now!!

Hey :)

We're in Canada Water (SE London) really nice i think... and i found the rent pretty reasonable, when some places were more expensive and further out. SE London gets a bad rep, but if you find the right place you're laughing! We don't ever have anything to do direct with the landlord, but the estate agents are lovely who we speak to.

Just popped home to stoke this weekend, mum's bf's sister's brother (lol yeah ones of those!!) breeds corns :D so hoping to see some soon :)

Just wondering...do snakes transport well... its a four hour car journey (mainly coz of traffic) or 3 hour train ride (in total including tube etc)...what precautions etc would i need to take?

And thanks for the welcome everyone :) and keep your fingers crossed for me :D

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2010 :  15:02:38  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
heya and welcome

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

crazy JJ
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2326 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2010 :  17:32:58  Show Profile  Click to see crazy JJ's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
heya n welcome here :D

2.5 corns 2.0 cali kings 1.0 tange hondo milk 1.0 apricot pueblan milk 1.0 royal (overgrown slug) 0.1 tarantula 1.0 chinchilla chico, 0.1 goldfish tigger 0.0.4 minows 0.2 cats fudge and porsha and 0.3.2 tarantula’s that are my mummys
r.i.p to the lil ones that i and mummy have lost recently
Go to Top of Page

Lixra
Hatchling

United Kingdom
286 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2010 :  18:34:51  Show Profile  Click to see Lixra's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Yay! A Goldfish fan! I used to have some, always wanted a Dojo, but didn't have the space (the fish were messy enough).

When I moved into my old apartment, I just told him "I have some aquariums", and he said fine.

One day the annual inspector came to make sure everything was up to date and functioning in the apartment and the landlord was in there and caught site of the 6x6x5 iguana cage I had built (and the iguana)... he didn't bat an eye, hehe

Hopefully it works out for you, welcome too btw! :)

Go to Top of Page

KITTYCAT
Hatchling

United Kingdom
492 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2010 :  07:39:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi welcome to the forum

1.0.0 carolina corn (herbie)
0.1.0 snow corn (casper)
0.0.1 anery motley corn(diesel)
0.0.1 calafornia banded king snake (ozzy)
0.1.0 royal python (pandora)
0.0.1 boa constrictor (bullet)
1.0.0 weinmaraner (zac)
1.0.0 staffy (zeus)
1.1.0 cats (sophie n pepe)
0.0.1 fish (fish)

Go to Top of Page

miss_mystra
Hatchling

United Kingdom
127 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2010 :  10:22:23  Show Profile  Visit miss_mystra's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lixra

Yay! A Goldfish fan! I used to have some, always wanted a Dojo, but didn't have the space (the fish were messy enough).

When I moved into my old apartment, I just told him "I have some aquariums", and he said fine.

One day the annual inspector came to make sure everything was up to date and functioning in the apartment and the landlord was in there and caught site of the 6x6x5 iguana cage I had built (and the iguana)... he didn't bat an eye, hehe

Hopefully it works out for you, welcome too btw! :)

hehe my goldie and the dojo are like the odd couple... the goldfish eats the sinking food for the dojo... the dojo goes nuts trying to chase round the floating pellets for the goldfish... i sometimes wonder if they have been dropped on their heads at some point!!

PS love Darwin in your sig, what a gorgeous boy!! XD Is that who the landlord didn't bat an eye about?! hehe

Thanks for the welcome everyone :)

Go to Top of Page

miss_mystra
Hatchling

United Kingdom
127 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2010 :  13:34:13  Show Profile  Visit miss_mystra's Homepage  Reply with Quote
and the good news is... my landlord is totally cool about it :) yay! I think the estate agents put in a good word as one of the girls there i always speak to has a royal and loves it :D

Go to Top of Page

rachiepotatoe
Hatchling

United Kingdom
393 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2010 :  22:43:20  Show Profile  Click to see rachiepotatoe's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Welcome!
Glad to hear your landlord gave you the all clear! :D

Go to Top of Page

miss_mystra
Hatchling

United Kingdom
127 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2010 :  11:20:22  Show Profile  Visit miss_mystra's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rachiepotatoe

Welcome!
Glad to hear your landlord gave you the all clear! :D

hehe thanks!

Just been looking around the site, this place is awesome, the advice is so much clearer and makes more sense to a complete newbie, much ebtter than everywhere else i've been looking...plus everyone is super friendly wooop! :D

Go to Top of Page

FiestaSTLou
Yearling

United Kingdom
556 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2010 :  11:43:46  Show Profile  Visit FiestaSTLou's Homepage  Click to see FiestaSTLou's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
hi and welcome :)

Go to Top of Page

miss_mystra
Hatchling

United Kingdom
127 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2010 :  19:27:09  Show Profile  Visit miss_mystra's Homepage  Reply with Quote
:)

bought some bits today :D

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

73 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2010 :  21:42:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi and Welcome, I'm new to keeping snakes and I just search topics and just reading through old posts and getting so much information that way to.

http://meandmycornsnake.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2010 :  12:30:33  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hello and welcome here :D normal corn's are the best looking corns ;)

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000