Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Lixra
Hatchling

United Kingdom
286 Posts

Posted - 29/08/2010 :  11:04:07  Show Profile  Click to see Lixra's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hi guys, just registered :)

My husband surprised me yesterday for my birthday by letting me get a baby corn snake :)

She's female and approximately 6 or 7 weeks old (I'm unsure of the exact date, but her first feeding was on the 25th of July, maybe you guys can help pinpoint the week she hatched).

No name yet, I'm hoping she lets me know what it is soon :)

We also have a juvenile sumatran water monitor named Darwin. He's about a year old and about 4 feet long. He's a champ, and dead friendly, and loves attention :)

I live in the UK now, but am from the States originally. Had a corn over there as well who was just terrific.

Can't wait to watch her grow and see her personality emerege :)

Oh and pictures will be coming, I'd just prefer to let her settle in for a few days, which is when I'll feed her, and then two days after that I'll get some photos :)

crazy JJ
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2326 Posts

Posted - 29/08/2010 :  11:30:43  Show Profile  Click to see crazy JJ's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
heya n welcome to the forum :)

normaly breeders will leave the hatchie to shed 4 the 1st week of there lives so maybe your lil one was hatched about a week before she ate pos :)

2.5 corns 2.0 cali kings 1.0 tange hondo milk 1.0 apricot pueblan milk 1.0 royal (overgrown slug) 0.1 tarantula 1.0 chinchilla chico, 0.1 goldfish tigger 0.0.4 minows 0.2 cats fudge and porsha and 0.3.2 tarantula’s that are my mummys
r.i.p to the lil ones that i and mummy have lost recently
Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 29/08/2010 :  12:24:18  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hey, welcome to the forum

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

Go to Top of Page

Figs
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3319 Posts

Posted - 29/08/2010 :  12:42:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello and welcome!

Darwin looks so handsome
and happy birthday for yesterday!
Go to Top of Page

Lixra
Hatchling

United Kingdom
286 Posts

Posted - 29/08/2010 :  12:55:58  Show Profile  Click to see Lixra's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by crazy JJ

normaly breeders will leave the hatchie to shed 4 the 1st week of there lives so maybe your lil one was hatched about a week before she ate pos :)

Awesome thank you. Have to know when to have the birthday party :)

quote:
Originally posted by Figs

Darwin looks so handsome

He was waiting for rats, heh. That's his "gimme!" face.

Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 29/08/2010 :  13:01:42  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hiya and welcome. What a lovely birthday surprise. I can't wait to see pics.
Darwin is a very handsome chappie

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

Tiffany-x
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1189 Posts

Posted - 29/08/2010 :  13:10:59  Show Profile  Click to see Tiffany-x's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hi there, your so lucky getting a lovely little snakie for your birthday, do you know what morph she is? And Darwin is really cute!! :P
Tiffany-x

Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 29/08/2010 :  13:44:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey and welcome
ooh what a great birthday!!
im 21 in october..maybe i could wish for a gecko or something *fingers crossed*

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

lee2308
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
3348 Posts

Posted - 29/08/2010 :  14:50:40  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
hi and welcome to the forum,as the others have said darwin is a stunner,why not join up to the sister site www.thereptilian.co.uk where all reps and phibs ect are covered,would love to see some more pics of him in the lizard section.

Go to Top of Page

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 29/08/2010 :  15:40:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi and welcome to the forum

Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 29/08/2010 :  16:15:05  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hi
Welcome to the forum.
What a lovely birthday pressie.
Darwin is gorgeous!

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

Lixra
Hatchling

United Kingdom
286 Posts

Posted - 29/08/2010 :  23:23:00  Show Profile  Click to see Lixra's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tiffany-x

do you know what morph she is?

She's a normal. Mother is normal and father is a creamsicle. So I believe she's what most people refer to as "pot-luck" if I breed her.

Thanks for all the comments on Darwin too. He really is awesome. My husband and I bought a new house last year and just couldn't agree on what breed of dog to get, so we settled on the water monitor :)

House trained, craves attention and comes when he's called for food. He's like a big scaly lap dog really ;)

Edited by - Lixra on 29/08/2010 23:23:35
Go to Top of Page

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 29/08/2010 :  23:28:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lixra

quote:
Originally posted by Tiffany-x

do you know what morph she is?

She's a normal. Mother is normal and father is a creamsicle. So I believe she's what most people refer to as "pot-luck" if I breed her.

if that's the parents you have a Hybrid snake called a rootbeer, so if you choose to breed her the offspring will be hybrids

Go to Top of Page

Lixra
Hatchling

United Kingdom
286 Posts

Posted - 29/08/2010 :  23:43:43  Show Profile  Click to see Lixra's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Ah sweet, thanks for the info. Never bred corns before, only thing I've bred before is rats (food for the beast that is Darwin). Might give it a go someday, but it's nice to know what she has as traits genetically.

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 30/08/2010 :  10:54:54  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
heya and welcome

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

Lixra
Hatchling

United Kingdom
286 Posts

Posted - 31/08/2010 :  08:51:50  Show Profile  Click to see Lixra's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Well, today's feeding day! Just took out Darwin's and her food (it looks funny defrosting, 2 large weaner rats next to an itty bitty mice pinkie, hehe). I'll let you know how it goes...

Go to Top of Page

Tiffany-x
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1189 Posts

Posted - 31/08/2010 :  09:26:40  Show Profile  Click to see Tiffany-x's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hahaha, aww. It would be nice to know how she feeds. :) I bet the pinkie looks really cute. :P
Tiffany-x

Go to Top of Page

rachiepotatoe
Hatchling

United Kingdom
393 Posts

Posted - 31/08/2010 :  15:07:36  Show Profile  Click to see rachiepotatoe's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
The perfect birthday present :)

Go to Top of Page

Lixra
Hatchling

United Kingdom
286 Posts

Posted - 31/08/2010 :  15:18:22  Show Profile  Click to see Lixra's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Yay she ate. Looked at for about a minute and then grabbed it and started sucking it down. Oh and Darwin ate too... big shocker there!

Go to Top of Page

Tiffany-x
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1189 Posts

Posted - 31/08/2010 :  15:20:43  Show Profile  Click to see Tiffany-x's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Haha its good that she ate well. :)
Tiffany-x

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

73 Posts

Posted - 31/08/2010 :  15:53:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Lixra, welcome to the forum and a belated happy birthday, my hubby bought me my corn as an early bithday pressy and my birthday isn't till 17th September.

http://meandmycornsnake.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000