What would I get?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 26/08/2010 :  16:40:37  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
What would I get if I bred an amel male with a caramel female?
and
What would I get if I bred an amel male with an amber female?
I have no idea of hypos, hets etc, just want a rough idea please.
Thanks

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals

Figs
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3319 Posts

Posted - 26/08/2010 :  17:58:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
if they dont have any hets, with the first ones you'd get normals het for amel and caramel
and for the second normals het for amel, caramel and hypo

....i think
Go to Top of Page

mikerichards
don't say the 'M' word!

United Kingdom
2901 Posts

Posted - 26/08/2010 :  22:36:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As a rough guide, anything you breed together that is not the same will, bar one eception, always give you normals het for the expressed traits from the parents.

The exception is tessera which is a dominant, so 50% of babies will show the tessera trait. That is true of all dominants.

There are no known co-dominant traits as far as I know, so no supers can be made, but for info, a super to a normal will give all co dominants, so, for example, hypos in boas is a co dom, so 2 together will give you 50% super hypos, so a super hypo to a normal will give you all hypos!

In corns, normal is dominant. All recessive genes put to a normal will give you normals het for the recessive trait.

Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 27/08/2010 :  00:05:16  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mikerichards

As a rough guide, anything you breed together that is not the same will, bar one eception, always give you normals het for the expressed traits from the parents.

The exception is tessera which is a dominant, so 50% of babies will show the tessera trait. That is true of all dominants.

There are no known co-dominant traits as far as I know, so no supers can be made, but for info, a super to a normal will give all co dominants, so, for example, hypos in boas is a co dom, so 2 together will give you 50% super hypos, so a super hypo to a normal will give you all hypos!

In corns, normal is dominant. All recessive genes put to a normal will give you normals het for the recessive trait.

Ultra is co-dominant with Amel, giving you Ultramels.

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 29/08/2010 :  20:09:58  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
theres nothing (yet!) codominant with normal, but sooner or later something will be found :)

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000