How a snake looks -1 eye
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Thante
Hatchling

United Kingdom
301 Posts

Posted - 18/08/2010 :  21:19:07  Show Profile  Visit Thante's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Last time i posted some pictures matty18714 asked me if i could take some close up pics of Cherry's eye now that it has healed. So for him, and anyone else who's interested this is how she is looking now.

For people who haven't seen, this is how she looked before the vet removed her eye.

and just because you can never have enough pictures of snakes eating :P

RARRRRRR

0.1.0 Cherry - 09 Normal
1.0.0 Tequila - 09 Caramel Motley

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 18/08/2010 :  21:26:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
she looks really good - having only one eye gives her so much character - shes like a pirate snake!

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

nikki-il-lilly
Hatchling

United Kingdom
123 Posts

Posted - 18/08/2010 :  21:29:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
awwww poor baby to the part before her eye was removed :( but she is looking stunning :) as hannah said it gives her charter :D xx

Maggie the Candycane Casper the Ghoat motly and David the Carolina :D
Go to Top of Page

lee2308
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
3348 Posts

Posted - 18/08/2010 :  21:50:53  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
doesnt seem to be bothering her,looks like a neat job too,does she shed ok.I know its rude to ask but what was the vet bill for that?i wont be offened if you want to keep that to your self

Go to Top of Page

Thante
Hatchling

United Kingdom
301 Posts

Posted - 18/08/2010 :  21:55:29  Show Profile  Visit Thante's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by HannahB

she looks really good - having only one eye gives her so much character - shes like a pirate snake!

exactly what i think. its taking a lot of self control not to make her a tinny little eye patch haha

0.1.0 Cherry - 09 Normal
Go to Top of Page

mikeyd_26
Yearling

United Kingdom
716 Posts

Posted - 18/08/2010 :  21:58:53  Show Profile  Click to see mikeyd_26's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
ahh bless her. she looks like a happy snake tho, very pretty coulors

0.1.0 amel - TaLuLa
0.1.0 anery motley het amel, hypo - Bo
1.0.0 vanishing stripe unknown - Marley
1.0.0 hogg island boa - Iggy
0.1.0 hogg island boa - Luna
0.1.0 royal python - Buttons!
1.0.0 royal python 66% het albino - Steve
0.1.0 leopard gecko - Sheila
millions of beardies!
Go to Top of Page

BurnedAtTheStake
Yearling

United Kingdom
915 Posts

Posted - 18/08/2010 :  22:06:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Was that how she hatched? With that enlarged eye? She does look much better now. Poor little girl to have had to go through all that. But I expect she's forgotten about it now.

I too have a snake with one eye, a Miami, or normal, or whatever (it's confusing!) I'm a regular at my local rep shop and last May I went in and they said, 'we've got a snake with only one eye ...' I think they knew I'd have her! Cyclops hatched one-eyed - the left side of 'her' head is flattened where the eye socket never developed.

They are special, aren't they! Regards from Cy to Cherry!

PS - watch out for jokes about one-eyed snakes!!
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 18/08/2010 :  22:14:20  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Healing well isn't it?
Any issues with shedding yet or don't you know??

Take a pic of her down your trousers!!!
Just want to be able to say honestly and with no hidden meaning: "One-eyed trouser snake"
PLEASE.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

Scarlett
Hatchling

United Kingdom
363 Posts

Posted - 18/08/2010 :  22:20:08  Show Profile  Visit Scarlett's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Oh Kehhlyr, trust you! lol.

She's a beautiful snakey, one eyed or no eyed she'd still be beautiful =]

0.0.1 Amel Corn -Ember.
1.0.0 Bloodred Corn - Loki.
0.0.1 MBK - Apollo.
1.1.0 Cats - Moggy and Pretty Girl.
0.0.1 Royal Python - Odin R.I.P 20/6/10.
Wishlist = Pied Sided Bloodred, Anery Stripe, Coral Stripe, Bloodred, Green Blotched Snow,
Strawberry Snow Stripe.

Location = Chatham, Kent.
Go to Top of Page

Thante
Hatchling

United Kingdom
301 Posts

Posted - 18/08/2010 :  22:24:16  Show Profile  Visit Thante's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lee2308

doesnt seem to be bothering her,looks like a neat job too,does she shed ok.I know its rude to ask but what was the vet bill for that?i wont be offened if you want to keep that to your self

her first shed after the opp was a bit messy, had to pull away the stitches and shed around her head, which she didn't like all that much :P. But she has been perfect since then, no problems at all.
The vets where really good and tried to keep the cost low for me as i don't earn much. In the end it was just under £200, but i took on a load of extra days at work to pay for it, so wasn't too bad.

0.1.0 Cherry - 09 Normal
Go to Top of Page

Thante
Hatchling

United Kingdom
301 Posts

Posted - 18/08/2010 :  22:36:36  Show Profile  Visit Thante's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BurnedAtTheStake

Was that how she hatched? With that enlarged eye? She does look much better now. Poor little girl to have had to go through all that. But I expect she's forgotten about it now.

I too have a snake with one eye, a Miami, or normal, or whatever (it's confusing!) I'm a regular at my local rep shop and last May I went in and they said, 'we've got a snake with only one eye ...' I think they knew I'd have her! Cyclops hatched one-eyed - the left side of 'her' head is flattened where the eye socket never developed.

I have had a lot of jokes already haha my local rep shop refer to me as the girl with the one eye's snake. although it is starting to get a little bit repetitive now haha.

She was normal when i got her. the problem only started spearing about 3 months after getting her, the vet wanted to just drain the eye and see if the problem would go away as there was no infection. But every time they did it just came back worse. In the end it got so bad they decided to remove it.

I was amazed how quickly she got used to it. But to start off she completely lost her balance and kept falling off things, and running into walls. Now she just has a preference for turning right haha.

Do you have any pictures of Cyclops? I'm intrigued to how different
they look when born without an eye.

0.1.0 Cherry - 09 Normal
Go to Top of Page

stotty01
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1168 Posts

Posted - 18/08/2010 :  22:55:12  Show Profile  Click to see stotty01's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
happy for a snake with one eye :) and it looks like it hasn't lost its nature :)

my aunties, bestfriends, hairdressers, friends boyfriend had a snake and it stretched out to measure him to eat him......true story.....
1.0.0 tortoise
1.0.0 sinaloan milk snake
1.0.0 jack russel
0.1.0 anery corn medusa
1.0.0 snow corn abomninable
0.1.0 royal python priscilla
http://www.youtube.com/user/stotty01 dads youtube channel

Tail n scales, Linton, Cambs, CB21 4XN, Tel no 01223 893 508 http://www.tails-n-scales.co.uk/

wish list: boa!
Go to Top of Page

crazy JJ
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2326 Posts

Posted - 19/08/2010 :  00:36:00  Show Profile  Click to see crazy JJ's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
n'awww she still looks amazing though :D

looks good and healed well :)

2.5 corns 2.0 cali kings 1.0 tange hondo milk 1.0 apricot pueblan milk 1.0 royal (overgrown slug) 0.1 tarantula 1.0 chinchilla chico, 0.1 goldfish tigger 0.0.4 minows 0.2 cats fudge and porsha and 0.3.2 tarantula’s that are my mummys
r.i.p to the lil ones that i and mummy have lost recently
Go to Top of Page

BurnedAtTheStake
Yearling

United Kingdom
915 Posts

Posted - 19/08/2010 :  11:29:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Thante

quote:
Originally posted by BurnedAtTheStake

I have had a lot of jokes already haha my local rep shop refer to me as the girl with the one eye's snake. although it is starting to get a little bit repetitive now haha.

She was normal when i got her. the problem only started spearing about 3 months after getting her, the vet wanted to just drain the eye and see if the problem would go away as there was no infection. But every time they did it just came back worse. In the end it got so bad they decided to remove it.

I was amazed how quickly she got used to it. But to start off she completely lost her balance and kept falling off things, and running into walls. Now she just has a preference for turning right haha.

Do you have any pictures of Cyclops? I'm intrigued to how different
they look when born without an eye.

Hi. That's awful - wonder what caused it; you and Cherry must have gone through hell. Glad it's sorted now.

It must have been really strange for her at first, to have no vision on that side. They say snakes can survive in the wild even when completely blind - in fact in that David Attenborough 'In Cold Blood' programme there's a whole island-full, and they don't go hungry. So you'd think life would be easy for a pet snake with poor sight but I find there's a definite difference between Cy and the rest of my snakes; if I hold her she's still jumpy; it's as if she can't understand why, when she can't see anything on the left, it suddenly appears on her right, and it gives her a shock. Her sense of smell doesn't seem to compensate, which surprises me. I have to be careful with her; to my mind she is a disabled snake.

When you look down at her head from the top, her left eye-socket is clearly nonexistent, the symmetrical diamond shape of the head is flattened and distorted on that side - such a shame, when you see her beautiful little face, with its big dark eye, on her right. I had to buy her (they gave me a discount but I had already told them I wanted her.) Very sentimental of me, but I didn't think anybody else would want her, although the guy who owns the shop said he would have kept her - he has a collection of 'crocks' at home.

I've got a few photos, taken when she first came. If I can find out how to upload them from photobucket I will post them here.

All the best with Cherry!
Go to Top of Page

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 19/08/2010 :  16:10:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It looks like the vet did a very good job, and its nice to see shes doing well.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000