Hey Guys, needing help on baby corn snake please
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

IsaacBrailsford
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
5 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2010 :  21:43:48  Show Profile  Visit IsaacBrailsford's Homepage  Click to see IsaacBrailsford's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hey, I'm new here as I only got my first baby carolina corn snake on the 31st July, it's now the night of the 3rd August. Well I fed him on the saturday night and he'd just gone in blue, his eyes cleared up on monday, and now he's still not shed (wednesday), i'm aware they clear up but i'm worried it's been too long. there's a heat mat on one end with an open hide at 84 degrees, and a closed coconut shell hide with some moss in on the cool side, he's been in there since i got him home and i keep checking on him, the waterbowl is tiny and is on the cool side too. the substrate is the little stoney things but now i need some advice on him, he's not shed or anything and i'd just like to know if i can help him in anyway, like moving the heat mat to the cool side etc. thanks guys x

luke1989
Hatchling

United Kingdom
173 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2010 :  21:57:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi, firstly its normal for them to take a while to sometimes shed after blue, move the moss to the warm end, its what i do for mine and she loves it. you could also try bathing your snake in luke warm water, NOT HOT!!! you want it more cold luke warm rather than hot luke warm.

he will shed in time my snake was just in blue the took a week to shed after so its nothing to worry.

Go to Top of Page

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2010 :  22:04:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey and welcome, there is nothing to worry about it will shed shortly also there is no need to bath. When it does shed make sure you have a look and make sure the eye caps and tail tip comes off.

Can you give us a bit more info on your substrate, the little stoney things doesnt sound like anything ive seen used for corns.

Go to Top of Page

IsaacBrailsford
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
5 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2010 :  22:15:07  Show Profile  Visit IsaacBrailsford's Homepage  Click to see IsaacBrailsford's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by luke1989

hi, firstly its normal for them to take a while to sometimes shed after blue, move the moss to the warm end, its what i do for mine and she loves it. you could also try bathing your snake in luke warm water, NOT HOT!!! you want it more cold luke warm rather than hot luke warm.

he will shed in time my snake was just in blue the took a week to shed after so its nothing to worry.

so shall i move the under viv heating mat to the side where the snake is? there's the moss inside the half coconut shell on the cool side.

also i just caught him sneaking out, but then when i went back upstairs he's gone back in, do you think i scared him and he was trying to rub on stuff?
Go to Top of Page

IsaacBrailsford
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
5 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2010 :  22:16:38  Show Profile  Visit IsaacBrailsford's Homepage  Click to see IsaacBrailsford's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gmac

Hey and welcome, there is nothing to worry about it will shed shortly also there is no need to bath. When it does shed make sure you have a look and make sure the eye caps and tail tip comes off.

Can you give us a bit more info on your substrate, the little stoney things doesnt sound like anything ive seen used for corns.

well it was what the "corn snake starter kit" came with. i dunno it's like, bigger grains than sand but almost like really small light stones, i could upload a picture but i'm thinking when it's run out when i clean it to get aspen?
Go to Top of Page

princessbroxy
Hatchling

United Kingdom
310 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2010 :  00:33:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi and welcome to the site...Its the 84c that's getting me are you sure that's not Fahrenheit as the hot end is suppose to be between 27c and 29c if its 84c then your going to have snake toast...mines took 4 days after blue to shed so don't worry about it they normally do it through the night

0.0.2 Aneries: Dorito + Sparkles
1.1.0 Hypo Het Lavender Bloodreds: Chilli + Pepper
1.0.0 Motley Butter: Dave
0.1.0 Ghost stripe : Sssam
0.1.0 Lavender: Princesss Annie
0.1.0 Normal: Medusa (baby sitting for 3 years)
2.2.0 Royal Python: Rafiki , Zazu , Pumba + Timone
1.0.0 orange ghost Python:Buster
1.0.0 Pastel python: enygma
0.1.0 spider python:
Kendra
0.1.0 66% het pied: sally
1.0.0 red tail cat fish (Morph)R.I.P
7.2.0 cats (M.I.B.,Picasso,Dealy,Storm,Gokoo,Merc,Chaos,Stitch,Peanuts)
Welcome to my petting zoo lol

Have you ever noticed when you run into a spiders web you all of a sudden turn into a ninja
Go to Top of Page

crazy JJ
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2326 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2010 :  00:37:41  Show Profile  Click to see crazy JJ's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
heya n welcome :)

2.5 corns 2.0 cali kings 1.0 tange hondo milk 1.0 apricot pueblan milk 1.0 royal (overgrown slug) 0.1 tarantula 1.0 chinchilla chico, 0.1 goldfish tigger 0.0.4 minows 0.2 cats fudge and porsha and 0.3.2 tarantula’s that are my mummys
r.i.p to the lil ones that i and mummy have lost recently
Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2010 :  08:56:39  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hi
Welcome to the forum.
You're getting lots of help so I don't need to tell you how friendly we are!
Your little snake will soon be very bright and shiney, they look all fresh and new after they've shed.

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

lee2308
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
3348 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2010 :  12:38:02  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
hi and welcome to the forum

quote:
Originally posted by princessbroxy

Its the 84c that's getting me are you sure that's not Fahrenheit as the hot end is suppose to be between 27c and 29c if its 84c then your going to have snake toast

that would be 183c which i think a mat would have a hard job reaching,imo moving the waterbowl to the warm end is the best thing to do to increase the humidity and mine always shed perfect this way.

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2010 :  12:54:42  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
heya and welcome

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2010 :  22:54:56  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hey and welcome. Congrats on your snakey.

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2010 :  15:31:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey and welcome
snakes can take anywhere from 3days (like my edison and libs) to even 10days (like my mont) so dont panic!
if you do move the water bowl over to the warm end make sure you put an additional water supply in the cool end - he wont want to drink warm water!

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

IsaacBrailsford
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
5 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2010 :  17:40:46  Show Profile  Visit IsaacBrailsford's Homepage  Click to see IsaacBrailsford's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by princessbroxy

Hi and welcome to the site...Its the 84c that's getting me are you sure that's not Fahrenheit as the hot end is suppose to be between 27c and 29c if its 84c then your going to have snake toast...mines took 4 days after blue to shed so don't worry about it they normally do it through the night

haha yes it's farenheight, i don't think heat mat's go that hot!!! also, he shed last tuesday but there's just one tiny scale that hasn't come off a week later (now) so i called paws for thought in leeds and they said a little vaseline, it hasn't come of yet :/ help please?
Go to Top of Page

IsaacBrailsford
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
5 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2010 :  17:43:00  Show Profile  Visit IsaacBrailsford's Homepage  Click to see IsaacBrailsford's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by herriotfan

Hi
Welcome to the forum.
You're getting lots of help so I don't need to tell you how friendly we are!
Your little snake will soon be very bright and shiney, they look all fresh and new after they've shed.

yes you're all lovely! and thank you. he's shed but there's just one scale that hasn't come off a week later, the pet store said vaseline, but that hasn't worked a week later? i don't want the tissue underneath to rot... :/
Go to Top of Page

Stacii
Egg

80 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2010 :  17:56:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
get some warm water in the sink and some face flannels and let snakey slide thorugh them either that or what i did with my casper is i lightly "rolled" the shed down and off his tail

Stacii xx

Casper - Ghost corn '10
Mist - Anery Corn - '07
Cherry - Normal Corn - '10
Amber - Amel Corn - '10
Willow - Normal Royal - '09
Star - Normal het Anery corn - '11
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

915 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2010 :  10:03:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome aboard Isaac, i echo what has been said above really, there is no need to worry about when your little guy sheds, there is a quide line on when they shed, but it is only generic so no worries

0.1.0 Snow Corn Snake - Tof
1.0.0 Stripe Cali King - Su'tey
1.0.0 Staffordshire Bull Terrier x Rottweiler - Twix
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000