Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Fal
Hatchling

United Kingdom
245 Posts

Posted - 30/07/2010 :  21:49:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Totally away from snakes but, well, this is general posts lol

I might sound like Mr. G Eek now but I don't care. As a kid I played Warhammer Fantasy Battles roll play games and BloodBowl too. Coupld of years ago I sold almost all of my figures (hundreds) and scenery as it had sat in boxes for years. I kept, however, my BloodBowl game and teams and my bro and I decided to start playing again, for old times sake shall we say.

Well, I feel like a damn kid again, its great lol i'm spending time with my lil (younger but not smaller so shouldn't call him that lol) bro painting, playing the game etc.. plus he has got the PC version and i've just ordered it. It's such a laugh having a beer and chillin out painting our teams or playing a game, reading the rules and searching the net for BloodBowl related stuff.

Just wondered if, anyone else used to/still does play BloodBowl or any Warhammer or RPG's, board wise or computer wise, or if anyone else has any old toys/games they rememer of have even kept that takes them back.

Random topic but could be an interesting one

Jon

ps: My Fiancee is luckily very supportive and likes to plan and make things for our future wedding whilst my bro and I play our lil games lol, how lucky I am!!

Corn Snake - Bella. Bearded Dragon - Draco. Leopard Gecko - Mojo. Cat - Neo. In our family we also have: Cali King Snake, Spiny Flower Mantis (RIP), African Lined Mantis (RIP), Ghost Mantis (RIP), four Hermit Crabs, a Budgy and a Dog - Mystie... oh and a YAMAHA YZF-R1 but she's feeling a bit neglected at the moment :(

LittleMick
Yearling

United Kingdom
563 Posts

Posted - 30/07/2010 :  22:07:49  Show Profile  Visit LittleMick's Homepage  Click to see LittleMick's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
This is actually a coincidence, I am currently selling my collection on ebay, lol, it's been sat in the attic fo ryears doing nothing. I was into Blood Bowl, Warhammer, WH40K, Warmaster, you name it I had it. I've already sold off 3 Warhammer Fantasy Battle armies ob ebay for £550.
I also have Blood Bowl, which I'll sell but I have the PC version as well, pretty cool, same company that made Chaos League, I reckon they finally got permission off Games Workshop to produce BB.

0.4.0 Gerbils (Gemini, Pica, Gerty and Sasha)
0.1.0 Leopard Gecko (Elle)
1.0.0 Carolina Corn Snake(Elijah)
0.0.1 Emperor/Imperial Scorpion (Abbi)
2.0.0 Roborovski Dwarf Hamsters (Micro & Chippy)
Tropical fish - 6 Platys.6 Mollies.9 Glowlight Tetra.4 Pearl Gouramis.4 Apple Snails.1 Tiger Plec.2 Common Bristlenose Plecs and lots of babies.
Go to Top of Page

solid
Hatchling

United Kingdom
428 Posts

Posted - 30/07/2010 :  22:14:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i`ve got the FPS warhammer 40,000 somewhere for ps2. does that count?

havent played it for years, never even finished it

3.1.1 corns - solid,liquid,ocelot,fox + raiden / 0.0.1 missing MBK - raven
PS3id: adam83
Go to Top of Page

Fal
Hatchling

United Kingdom
245 Posts

Posted - 30/07/2010 :  22:53:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Never had that game Solid but looked cool!

I made a tidy sum on my stuff Mick, big second hand market out there aint it! Had some 70's models and they went well. Wish I had the cash now, i'd be having a look at your BloodBowl stuff!! :)

Corn Snake - Bella. Bearded Dragon - Draco. Leopard Gecko - Mojo. Cat - Neo. In our family we also have: Cali King Snake, Spiny Flower Mantis (RIP), African Lined Mantis (RIP), Ghost Mantis (RIP), four Hermit Crabs, a Budgy and a Dog - Mystie... oh and a YAMAHA YZF-R1 but she's feeling a bit neglected at the moment :(
Go to Top of Page

LittleMick
Yearling

United Kingdom
563 Posts

Posted - 30/07/2010 :  23:03:22  Show Profile  Visit LittleMick's Homepage  Click to see LittleMick's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Yeah it does go for quite abit, it depends on who is after it though, the first sale I had was the H Elf army, that sold within 2 hours of putting it on ebay simply becaue the chap wanted aclassic army, the other 2 I didn't get as much as I'd hope and the chap that bought them, I think he is selling them on.
I literally clearing out the attic so I'll be selling EVERYTING, I'm even gowing to try and sell the empty Star Trek model boxes, lol. Obvioulsy tell them they are emtpy, but I reckon someone will want them.

Tropical fish - 6 Platys.6 Mollies.9 Glowlight Tetra.4 Pearl Gouramis.4 Apple Snails.1 Tiger Plec.2 Common Bristlenose Plecs and lots of babies.
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 31/07/2010 :  00:52:17  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fal

........if anyone else has any old toys/games they rememer of have even kept that takes them back.

Random topic but could be an interesting one

Jon

Elite and Frontier:Elite 2.

Nuff said.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

LittleMick
Yearling

United Kingdom
563 Posts

Posted - 31/07/2010 :  03:02:49  Show Profile  Visit LittleMick's Homepage  Click to see LittleMick's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Bloomin 'eck Kehhlyr, you're going back some ain't ya, lol, was that for the BBC Micro? I used to play Elite on the Speccy. Good game in it's day.

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 31/07/2010 :  08:52:51  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I play computer RPG's although, probably not the type your thinking of lol. My boyfriend plays both computer ons and the whole D&D kinda thing.

I'm afraid, I can only go as far back as Pokemon and the first Power Rangers... they were some awesome times.

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

Mouse
Yearling

United Kingdom
958 Posts

Posted - 31/07/2010 :  10:38:27  Show Profile  Click to see Mouse's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I used to play warhammer and BB with my bro's, but they sold their stuff years ago.

We had a spectrum and a G7000, and habitually nabbled dad's Amiga. I also have 2 Atari's I'm sporadically fixing, with the green screen.

(on a non computer note, did anyone else have parties, where they would put bike lights on the record turntable for that uber budget party light effect?......or was that just me?!)

I play online RPG's (not WOW though, as I like to have a life), and I'm part of 3 current tabletops, and I'll be running one when I've got round to writing it, and I also LARP.......*buffs geek badge!*

1.0.0 - Gobo - Snow Corn (RIP)
0.1.0 - Sprockett - Normal/hypo/het snow Corn

2.0.0 Anery Hatchlings
0.1.0 Amel Hatchling
0.1.0 Normal Hatchling

*Location - Southampton, UK*

http://www.weneedcake.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 31/07/2010 :  14:13:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I used to play WH40K, had a big marines army and the lord of the rings army too. Kinda got a bit peed off when I couldn't fit a tank together, I ended up trashing them all.

My fave computer game is, stronghold crusader, or age of mythology.
Go to Top of Page

Fal
Hatchling

United Kingdom
245 Posts

Posted - 31/07/2010 :  19:00:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I also used to play Star Wars Galaxies, in fact I was mad on it lol.. ran a 100+ international guild and the works. Some good mates in the US from that, still keep in touch. Also tried WOW and Warhammer Online but didn't take to them as much.

I knew this thread would take off lol

I had a few marines for 40K but never played the game, just painted them. My H Elves sold well too! Older ones, like you say, go really well when people want classic armies their mates can't get.

Go to Top of Page

candyazz
Egg

United Kingdom
53 Posts

Posted - 31/07/2010 :  23:50:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
opsey i must be a geek also lol

we got a unit full of warhammer and wh40k lol
Go to Top of Page

Fal
Hatchling

United Kingdom
245 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2010 :  01:01:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just got Bloodbowl Dark Elf Edition on the PC. KEWL!! Think they've done it well, just finished a couple of games and its 1am lol

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000