Shedding problem??
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

reggie_69
Egg

United Kingdom
93 Posts

Posted - 27/07/2010 :  19:17:02  Show Profile  Click to see reggie_69's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
hey guys ive had my two cornys for about 3 months now and they are comeing up to 6 months old,
never had a problem in shedding before but this month my male corny (ember) has kind of missed his shed! i keep a diary of there shed from which was started by my mate (from which i bought them off) and they have never missed it before, it seems to be 5 days now, he doesnt seem to be under any stress (feeding as normal) and ive tried using a waterbowl for him and he seems to just ignore it, (he is still very active, wants to come out as soon as im home from work) so no attitude change? any ideas??
cheers guys and gals!!!

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 27/07/2010 :  19:28:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well as snakes get older they start to slow down how frequent they shed, although if you up a prey size, she may have a growth spurt.

When I first got my Blaze onto meds, he was shedding ever 3 weeks, and it was a very rapid process, but now he stays blue longer and takes him longer to clear to shed.

nothing to worry about mate.
Go to Top of Page

reggie_69
Egg

United Kingdom
93 Posts

Posted - 27/07/2010 :  19:32:17  Show Profile  Click to see reggie_69's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
awesome thank you!!!
panic over haha!
cheers dude
Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 27/07/2010 :  19:34:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No problem buddy!

Edit: Every snakes different, she'll shed when shes good and ready.

Edited by - hillzi on 27/07/2010 19:35:13
Go to Top of Page

reggie_69
Egg

United Kingdom
93 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2010 :  13:09:43  Show Profile  Click to see reggie_69's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
ok after being a good 14 days late! and being in his new viv for just over 12 hours! embers eyes have glazed! he is looking dull! so im so glad he is going to shed!!! good times!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000